Sportsound Watch

8 minutes ago, The DA said:

I thought Doncaster came over very well.  Much more impressed with him this time round than in 2012.

The only issue I don't think he nailed was why they couldn't pay advances against guaranteed prize money.  Celtic were assured of second place and Rangers of 3rd.  Surely the SPFL could have paid out based on those positions and then settled up at the end of the season.  I've listened again and all I heard him say was that 6th and 12th place have already been given what they were entitled to - just a few hundred K more due at best.

Unless what he means is that he doesn't want to pay out any final place money in case individual clubs might go into admin between now and the official end of season -which would involved not making that final point anyway.

I havent done the arithmetic but presumably all the bottom six teams could have finished bottom, they have already been paid that money, they would get no more.  Motherwell could still finish 6th, they would get no more money.

That was depressing, listening to Tom English especially wittering on about his supposed unnamed high up contacts and all about payments that have already been made. Who gives a f**k? Everybody knew the season wouldn't be completed and if the proposal had been voted against they'd just be making the same decision now instead. Scottish football journalism is so far up it's own arse it can't see the wood for the trees, what's important is deciding the format for next season. Doncaster does what the clubs and their representatives on the board tell him, Sportsound following sevco campaign to paint him as a Machiavellian villain out to thwart ra peeple without an iota of evidence, but for what English has got third hand from what's rumoured to be on other people's whatsapp groups alleging bullying.  

These are people who are out of their depth trying to identify who plays in midfield for Ross County. No wonder it’s painful when they try to discuss economics or pandemics.

4 minutes ago, ropy said:

I havent done the arithmetic but presumably all the bottom six teams could have finished bottom, they have already been paid that money, they would get no more.  Motherwell could still finish 6th, they would get no more money.

Understood.  Makes more sense now.

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's not.

Hearts are bottom and are getting relegated because of that.

You want to cripple 12 clubs for a whole season for absolutely no reason.

Why. They would just go with mostly with their current squads or sign up largely lower league players. Any quality signings would be released if they failed.

”That’s not fair”? Dry your eyes ya hypocrite.

Just now, Pet Jeden said:

Why. They would just go with mostly with their current squads or sign up largely lower league players. Any quality signings would be released if they failed.

Because that fucks clubs over.

They either overspend with the belief theyll get promoted and the increase in income, or underspend incase they get relegated, and either way, are worse off. 

I've said it a million times, nothing about this is fair, but sorting it out by using tables after 3/4s of the season has been played, and letting clubs know well in advance what they can expect in terms of income next season, is the best of all the proposals.

Brechin would be losing players in May, as you cant hand out rolling contracts. These players would be approached by the likes of Brora/Kelty, who want promoted. Youd then have a player and 3 clubs all waiting until September to decide what's happening, and then the season starts a week later. 

It would just be a complete farce.

End the season now, including the cups, and have a fresh start when you can.

5 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

”That’s not fair”? Dry your eyes ya hypocrite.

You do know the implications of cancelling a contract?

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Because that fucks clubs over.

They either overspend with the belief theyll get promoted and the increase in income, or underspend incase they get relegated, and either way, are worse off. 

I've said it a million times, nothing about this is fair, but sorting it out by using tables after 3/4s of the season has been played, and letting clubs know well in advance what they can expect in terms of income next season, is the best of all the proposals.

Brechin would be losing players in May, as you cant hand out rolling contracts. These players would be approached by the likes of Brora/Kelty, who want promoted. Youd then have a player and 3 clubs all waiting until September to decide what's happening, and then the season starts a week later. 

It would just be a complete farce.

End the season now, including the cups, and have a fresh start when you can.

What would happen to the Europa League place that goes with winning the Cup?

2 minutes ago, The DA said:

What would happen to the Europa League place that goes with winning the Cup?

It goes to 4th in the league just like when Celtic inevitably win it anyway. (well technically it goes to 2nd who enter in the 2nd qualifying round and then the first qualifying round place cascades down to 4th).

Edited by Ginaro

Just listening to them all making utter, utter c***s of themselves.
Every one of them has been calling Doncaster for everything for 6 weeks now.
They are now slavering on about "Loans" "advances" etc etc - this is hilariously nonsensical pish.
Tom English now just making stuff up again from his "sources" which all appear to be Anne Budge.....................
Budge has shown herself to be a shite business person when it comes to football. Not sure why Tom English is holding her up as some sort of irrefutable source who's integrity is unquestioned.
I said a couple of weeks ago that Tom English places far too much trust in Granny Budge and thinks she's the greatest thing since sliced bread. She's every bit as hopeless as most other club executives in Scotland.

8 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

It goes to 4th in the league just like when Celtic inevitably win it anyway. (well technically it goes to 2nd who enter in the 2nd qualifying round and then the first qualifying round place cascades down to 4th).

Another reason for Hearts to girn then?

1 minute ago, Pet Jeden said:

Short-term contracts. Players can play for more than one team in a season. Think 3 is the max.

If you were a player, would you sign a contract that said 'we'll pay you £x pw if we're in the Championship or we'll release you immediately if we get relegated in the September play-offs'?

1 minute ago, The DA said:

Another reason for Hearts to girn then?

Too right. I demand that it is presented to us because we had the best record at the point the competition was halted. Or to Celtic because they were probably going to win it anyway. That’s how it works, eh?

1 minute ago, The DA said:

If you were a player, would you sign a contract that said 'we'll pay you £x pw if we're in the Championship or we'll release you immediately if we get relegated in the September play-offs'?

Come 2021 when I weigh 19 stone and when there’s only 25 senior clubs left standing? Probably. 

2 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Too right. I demand that it is presented to us because we had the best record at the point the competition was halted. Or to Celtic because they were probably going to win it anyway. That’s how it works, eh?

Had you won more games?

Tam McManus dishing out telts now (Need to post this on 3 seperate threads as it's being discussed on each FS):

English' retort is pathetic.

2 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

"There has been no bullying complaints about SPFL staff" and "Neil was told about bullying by persons unknown" are two very different things.

Maybe I could be a top journalist and I'm wasting my money paying into games

Precisely