Sportsound Watch

31 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

Gordon was the only one I axctually enjoy listening to, without him they'd be as well binning their entire line up. Without Gordon, they;d be as well having an  complete clear out and overhaul.

I don't disagree with the sentiment here, but it's hard to see where they get a new crew from.

Scotland isn't jam-packed with excellent talent for this kind of thing.

54 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Do you have a link to him saying it?

Nah. I mean I would love to have a massive Bob Monkhouse style library of output from the shite Scottish sports media, but I'd have to turf someone out of their room to make space for the server.

For clarity though, the comments themselves were passionate heat of the moment stuff, and I think everyone could be forgiven for that sort of thing. Football is a passionate and partisan game for us supporters. Much like Miller with his Reggae singer comment, however, he should have owned it and put his hands up for it.  

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

The 'Miko' dive didn't matter, as Scotland still won the game.

I mind Richard Gordon throwing a wee huff years back. It was January 2007, and he said there was a breaking story that was so massive, so huge, that no other story in Scottish football would eclipse it that entire year. He stressed that even though it was only January, this huge breaking story would not be topped.

Said story? Barry Ferguson was removed as Rangers captain. When inevitably loads of texts and emails arrived to say that the reporting of this was rather overblown and to pipe down a bit, Gordon chucked a huff and told listeners that there were other stations they could tune in to.

It was all really bizarre. 

Anyway, would love if he signed off by finally admitting that Rangers died, Rangers were not relegated/demoted and that Sevco are a new team.

Motherwell announced they had paid off their debts and Richard trailed an explosive interview with former owner Les Hutchison from his base in Barbados who had a completely different story.  Richard was going to blow the lid off the den of vipers at Fir Park and disclose the house of cards that was Motherwell FC.

After much build up Les came on and said a great milestone had been reached but the ‘Well board couldn’t do it themselves and the guys in the ‘Well Society still needed to pay their subs.

Gas on a peep.

But a good guy.

13 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

As long as it’s not that *** walloper McIntyre. 

The time he he valiantly ran to the defence of Jim Traynor was incredibly embarrassing. I appreciate Stewart’s comments about Traynor we’re speculative but the whole show is about speculation and if anything sensationalised Stewart’s comments by Mcintyres OTT reaction.

3 minutes ago, gannonball said:

The time he he valiantly ran to the defence of Jim Traynor was incredibly embarrassing. I appreciate Stewart’s comments about Traynor we’re speculative but the whole show is about speculation and if anything sensationalised Stewart’s comments by Mcintyres OTT reaction.

“He’s not here to defend himself!” etc…

Aye, that’s always been a requirement from the show, right enough. 😄

Liam McLeod does quite a good job when he hosts a few shows over the summer, although there's no football to talk about. At least it seems like he's interested and does some research.

Kenny McIntyre just tries to wind people up. Jonathan Sutherland might be a good option or Gordon Duncan off Clyde??

Sad to hear Richard Gordon is retiring but hopefully he takes Willie Miller, Packie Bonner, Derek Ferguson and Preston with him!!

6 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Anyway, would love if he signed off by finally admitting that Rangers died, Rangers were not relegated/demoted and that Sevco are a new team.

He’s not leaving Sportsound, he’s only leaving the Saturday show.

19 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Wonder if this is a P/T role?

Probably suits him as he can stay in Glasgow and do the Sportsound stuff on Sundays then work on the Cove stories during the week.

2 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

No surprise here. He's been doing a tremendous amount of Cove arse-kissing in the last year or so.

Aye, plucky Cove, what an amazing rise, just how have they managed it, type of stuff.............