Midweek flutter

geo87

• 1 month later...

Morton are shortening something rotten across the board v CLyde on Tuesday night. I can't have that, personally. The have lost Gasparotto, Johnston, McManus and Barr from last season. Arguably all of their best players. By all accounts they struggled to trouble Albion Rovers on Saturday and may well struggle again on Tuesday night. A couple of young fellas up front doesn't look particularly likely to cause much trouble as things stand. Gary Olive scored a few for Queens last season but that was with experienced people around him. From what I can see Morton have Tidser and Forbes from middle to front and everyone else is young, inexperienced and far from proven. 

Clyde +1 Asian handicap is 2.5 (6/4) Asian Handicap with bet365 and possibly going to lengthen even further if the current trend continues. From what I can see most Clyde fans were happy with their performance on Saturday even of they did eventually lose out after Killie brought their big guns on. Had they scored the penalty at 0-0 they likely would have won the match.

By no means is backing Clyde with a + handicap a sure thing but I am at a loss to understand why Morton are shortening so heavily. 

Barr wasn't even remotely one of our best players but other than that it's an accurate analysis. Next to no-one who witnessed their performance at Cliftonhill on Saturday would have been able to determine the seaside league outfit from the Championship club - particularly in the final third of the pitch - and there aren't any new signings coming in yet. 

I think that Clyde DNB at 6/1 at Paddy Power is an outrageous price; if a team scores against the current Morton side then its difficult to see where the response would come from. 

What do people think about Livingston tonight at 1.75? Edinburgh City were dire the couple of times I saw them last season and don't seem to have added much over the summer. Livi aren't great but should surely have too much.

I see Celtic are even money with B365 for -1 first half handicap. I can't work out if this is ridiculous value or not? I know they're shite but you'd think Rodgers will make sure they put their mark down early. 3 or 4-0 at half time and then take it easy. 

Thoughts?

f**k it I've shoved 50 on them

image.png

Edited by Chris_DK