My opinion we should keep:-

Fleming

Little

Munro

Lowdon

Whatley

Linn

Hester

If the manager decides not to be very ruthless and get rid of all the deadwood then I would keep these players as backups:-

Greg Rutherford

Wilson

Would like to see Craig Watson back if he overcomes his injury and if Hamilton would allow him to come back but I am sure the manager will have other players in mind so I assume he will be treated as being released at the end of the season.

Players to release:-

Brodie (Has only played 1 game and I am hoping for a more experienced back up keeper to keep Fleming on his toes like Rab Douglas as a GK/Coach)

Craig Johnstone (don't think he is getting over his injuries and we need players who are available even though he has been a good player)

Shaun Rutherford (release from loan deal)

Mark Williams (release from load deal, although would be interesting to see him come back as he has played well and is versatile)

Keiran Stewart (release - has not overcome his injuries and his performances have been deteriorating)

Jamie Reid (release - is unable to offer enough in our team)

David Gold (release - is unable to offer enough in our team)

Darren Ramsay (release from loan deal, is not playing as well as he should/can. As a right midfielder he should play up the wing, not drop deep all the time)

Sergio Alvarez (release - is unable to offer enough in our team/has not really settled)

Jamie Henry (release - hasn't really offered anything to the team to improve the performances)

Joao Victoria (release - currently on transfer list but should be released)

Josh Skelly (release from loan deal, decent player but I believe the manager will look to other options)

As for signing options it depends who becomes available but some players of interest could be Euan Spark (Dundee Utd Youth Right Back), a return for Michael Travis(DF)?, Bryan Hodge(CM), Steven Doris(ST), Steven Swinglehurst(DF), Kevin Nicoll(CM), Peter Weatherson(ST), Jon Robertson(CM), Bryan Wharton(DF), Paul Woods(MF), Dean Brett(DF), Ali El Zubaidi(DF), Jason Scotland(ST).

Who would you like to see at Gayfield next season?

I have been tryng to hint to kiffy he could make a return as he will be back home living

Sportsmans dinner was fantastic by the way. Campbell absolutely superb, all the fans that were there would've really enjoyed his stories, character and what he had to say about being in a job for us as at 'Angus biggest club'. ;)

Spoke to Christison for 1st time, very good conversation and was impressed with what he had to say. Board have all been hurting this season just as big fans as all of us that out a lot of work in, lm ooking forward to next season.

Edited by 1320Lichtie

Sportsmans dinner was fantastic by the way. Campbell absolutely superb, all the fans that were there would've really enjoyed his stories, character and what he had to say about being in a job for us as at 'Angus biggest club'. ;)

Spoke to Christison for 1st time, very good conversation and was impressed with what he had to say. Board have all been hurting this season just as big fans as all of us that out a lot of work in, lm ooking forward to next season.

Bet you are, with the lure of all that improved quality!

Great signing, one of my favourite centre halves in L1.

Wasn't good enough for the disaster duo of Moore and Lumsden,didn't get a fair crack of the whip by them,good player and good lad,our loss and Forfars gain, have him back any day.

I would take him back.

Though it wasnt long ago that plenty of fans wanted rid of him based on our relegation season. All they remembered was how bad the team played and not why we played so bad.

Then Moore came in and gave him a couple of games and punted him around christmas time. Which left us with about 5 defenders in the team for rest of the season.

I would take him back.

Though it wasnt long ago that plenty of fans wanted rid of him based on our relegation season. All they remembered was how bad the team played and not why we played so bad.

IMO there is very little chance of Michael Travis being back at Gayfield next year in maroon. However, if offered, I would happily take Trav back, and I believe he would be an improvement to our current squad. My main issue with Trav, and the other players/ management who allowed this to happen, was distribution. I've never questioned Trav's defensive abilities, but ANY management team who allow defenders like Trav and Andy Munro to take defensive free kicks or distribute the ball in any way, shape or form have lost the plot.

Michael Travis heading, kicking and tackling the ball would be an asset to any team in League 2, but letting him distribute the ball is like asking John Gemmell or Chris Templeman to hug the line and beat the full back for pace, sheer and utter lunacy.

IMO there is very little chance of Michael Travis being back at Gayfield next year in maroon. However, if offered, I would happily take Trav back, and I believe he would be an improvement to our current squad. My main issue with Trav, and the other players/ management who allowed this to happen, was distribution. I've never questioned Trav's defensive abilities, but ANY management team who allow defenders like Trav and Andy Munro to take defensive free kicks or distribute the ball in any way, shape or form have lost the plot.

Michael Travis heading, kicking and tackling the ball would be an asset to any team in League 2, but letting him distribute the ball is like asking John Gemmell or Chris Templeman to hug the line and beat the full back for pace, sheer and utter lunacy.

They might look clumsy on it at times but they're still decent football players IMO.

Munro has the pass of the season for me, up to Andy Ryan before he had his shot saved by the keeper and Linn hit it in against Stirling at home.

They might look clumsy on it at times but they're still decent football players IMO.

Definitely, Sanny is a bit gangly but he'd deffo take most full backs in the division over 10 yards. :unsure:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

Most players are at our level because of their limitations. The best players at this level accept that and focus on their strengths, while avoided their weaknesses.

Edited by SimonLichtie

Gary Fraser signed for next season??? Any truth in this?

17 goals this season for the team in 9th... Very decent. Thought he was a cracking player at The Fed when I seen him, I said this pre season in the Mo thread so he'd be worth a punt and it wouldn't surprise me if it was true either. Where you hear that?