All things Dundee FC

Impossible to predict what kind of transfer fee we'll be looking for or accept.

What goes in our favour is we have another 2 years on his contract and he's been at the club since he was 9 so that's a good bit of development fee for us.

Probably see the same arrangement we have with Hibs if it came to it, we still own 30% of John McGinn so if/when Hibs sell him we'll be quids in.

Can't see Dundee forking out 250k+ on a player even if they have made a good bit of money in the last week.

What?

You all jizzed your wee cotton panties and started spreading the price as being over £200k when it was nowhere near it.

Similar to the rumour spread about you having over 3000 fans at Mcdiarmid the other week, despite it being nowhere near that.

You all jizzed your wee cotton panties and started spreading the price as being over £200k when it was nowhere near it.

Similar to the rumour spread about you having over 3000 fans at Mcdiarmid the other week, despite it being nowhere near that.

It was reported on the day as being 300k, it then emerged it was less than that. Any Dons fan that said 300k was merely relaying what the media was saying.

Similar with the attendance, the club reported it as over 3k Dons fans. I thought it was quite high from seeing it on the day but didn't think about it much mainly because it's not something I get particularly excited about.

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

It was reported on the day as being 300k, it then emerged it was less than that. Any Dons fan that said 300k was merely relaying what the media was saying.

Similar with the attendance, the club reported it as over 3k Dons fans. I thought it was quite high from seeing it on the day but didn't think about it much mainly because it's not something I get particularly excited about.

Well, yes, I'm not sure what you're disagreeing with me about.

Well, yes, I'm not sure what you're disagreeing with me about.

This is slightly off topic for the Dee's fans so I'll leave it here.

But if you agree with my version of events It doesn't quite fit with your 'Aberdeen fans inflated the fee' or we 'jizzed our little cotton panties' narrative does it?

As you were, dees.

5 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:

Brilliant find that.

His debut against Celtic was a joy to behold. A masterclass in booting the f**k out of Frank McAvennie, and no-nonsense clearances.

:lol:

Was Wes one of Dave 'Diddy' Smith's signings? :huh:

1 minute ago, jagfox99 said:

:lol:

Was Wes one of Dave 'Diddy' Smith's signings? :huh:

Nah, from what I remember Wes signed in early 1988. His debut was a home 2-1 defeat to Celtic in their 87-88 centenary season. He must have been one of Jocky's signings.

21 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:

Nah, from what I remember Wes signed in early 1988. His debut was a home 2-1 defeat to Celtic in their 87-88 centenary season. He must have been one of Jocky's signings.

I think they both came via Torquay United? That's maybe what's mixing me up.

Edited by jagfox99

I seem to recall Wes decking McCoist at Ibrox then walking off the pitch before the ref got a chance to red card him but I've just been reading a match report that said Saunders booted him so either my mind is playing tricks on me or this was one of Liam Kennedy's first in a long line of f**k ups as he reported on the game from his pram.

Just lifted this piece from 10 Worst Examples of Players Behaving Badly:

Tommy Tynan (1991)

Vital ingredients Booze, the game 'buzz', a kettle (used as a weapon)

As the Torquay team attempted to bond before the 1991 play-offs, a session of the drinking game 'buzz' was organised. When Tynan tried to break up an argument between his captain Wes Saunders and player-coach Russell Musker, Saunders punched Tynan, leaving him with a cut eye. The players then went to bed, but at 2am Tynan went to Saunders's room to seek vengeance and according to chairman Mike Bateson, 'he picked up the nearest thing handy, which was a kettle, and hit Wes with it'.

Some boy. I feel sorry for the kettle.

I seem to recall Wes decking McCoist at Ibrox then walking off the pitch before the ref got a chance to red card him but I've just been reading a match report that said Saunders booted him so either my mind is playing tricks on me or this was one of Liam Kennedy's first in a long line of f**k ups as he reported on the game from his pram.

That was at Dens I a 0-2 defeat. Wes decked McCoist off the ball in the box. Think it was a punch.

10 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:

That was at Dens I a 0-2 defeat. Wes decked McCoist off the ball in the box. Think it was a punch.

It looks like my minds playing tricks on me then if I don't even have the right stadium ffs.

1 hour ago, scottdeeuk said:

Do Premier League teams still get 100k if Celtic qualify for UCL? Looking good if tonight's score is anything to go by!

Yeah but the Jungle Jims get in the region of €25 million including their ICC money :(