All things Dundee FC

It’s still mathematically possible for me to live to be 200.

Very true. Isn't it funny that all these strange things are mathematically possible yet it's mathematically impossible that Dundee United will earn a single point in the top flight of Scottish football this season?

9 hours ago, RossDee01 said:

Very true. Isn't it funny that all these strange things are mathematically possible yet it's mathematically impossible that Dundee United will earn a single point in the top flight of Scottish football this season?

That's more a physical impossibility than a mathematical one tbf </pedantry>

1 minute ago, bobbycoxblue said:

"McCant" .. I see you what you did there.
Brilliant stuff.
Amazing what a win against Dumbarton dies to some dayglos. Keep it up

Wee bit of hypocrisy there.  At the start of the season when Dundee were struggling you guys weren't posting on the United threads.  A couple of wins and all that changed.

FWIW a win away to a bogey team, even a part-time one, is cause for celebration at the moment.  Sad but true.

Well... what a shit weekend of football that was.

I said at the start of the season I'd be happy to avoid the playoff spot. Looks like we're on-course to achieve that... by claiming the automatic relegation spot.

In seriousness, if we can somehow scrape 10th this season and have a base to build on next year (given the fucking mess Hartley left us in), then I think that would be a good outcome. I know some Dee's won't agree and think we should be challenging for top-6, but that s absolute nonsense imo. We're miles away from that. Also, the comments about McCann signing loads of players... that's simple. He had to — the squad was filled with complete dross. It's not like he's brought in a tonne of high-earning superstars, these are guys he's brought in to try get us out of a hole. IMO we've better players this season and I think he'll turn it around.

Stay in the league then go from there.

Thank you.

Amazing how fragile football teams are.  If the penalty or 1 of the other chances went in against Partick, then we are climbing the league and full of confidence. It missed, we paid the price and now it's panic

I like the fact the McCann is trying to play football and I like that he is prepared to give young players a chance. My problem is that attractive positive football is more difficult than destructive defensive football and you need better players. 

I really don't know what the answer is: if the team clicks, we might go on a long winning run, but we are probably more likely to extend the winless streak.  All goes down to how big the pockets are of the owners, but personally I think we need to continue with McCann.

Wee bit of hypocrisy there.  At the start of the season when Dundee were struggling you guys weren't posting on the United threads.  A couple of wins and all that changed.
FWIW a win away to a bogey team, even a part-time one, is cause for celebration at the moment.  Sad but true.

I have no issue with you lot posting on here. I think it keeps the rivalry alive ( let's face it your not good enough to do it on a football park , so this will have to do for now ).
My issue is the disappearing act most of you lot do when things go bad.