All things Dundee FC

Tim Keyes, it is a football club you own, not a stand up comedy act. 

We pretty much are now tbh. Three absolutely fucking risible appointments in a row topped off by Strachan getting his hopeless pal a job, who manages to make a c**t of his first interview. Amazing.

3 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Bought the Record today for the 1st time in years. What a shit paper with most headlines being puns. Some lunatic slaughtered the club’s statement when it was purely being nice to someone employed by the club for 8 years. There’s no need to stick the boot into someone you’ve just punted. The link you’ve added to me doesn’t imply he’s unimpressed just said he was basically surprised at the decision, saw it on Skysports and it’s now time to go again. 

Niall’s made a positive impact so far. Hopefully it continues. 

Hopefully McGhee doesn’t bring a left winger on to play centre midfield whilst having 3 central midfielders on the bench 😂🤦🏻‍♂️

McGhee’s some decision tho 😂

Edited by Yenitit

Now that McGhee getting written off by everyone, once Celtic match out of the way, wouldn't be suprised if he hits a new manager bounce, Dundee stay up somehow.

Definitely a very bizarre appointment, but the guy isn't the idiot many are making him out to be.  As long as you beat ICT in play offs, that will do. Can see other teams being dragged into relegation battle which will make it more interesting.

I prefer looking at evidence rather than hype.  McGhee has done well at most clubs when he first comes in then it all goes pear shaped the following season when he's time to sign his own players.  We were never going to get Jack Ross in my opinion so, although I'm a bit underwhelmed by the McGhee appointment, his record really isn't as bad as some people make out.  I'm going to reserve judgement, as he and his team will hopefully be able to prevent the all too frequent lazy performances we have seen under McPake's tenure.  If he manages to get the new manager bounce he achieved earlier in his career I will be delighted.  This is a man who almost got the Celtic job a number of years ago so he must have something about him.  Arbroath signed an aging manager not long after his previous club had sacked him for poor performances and he's doing a great job. 

1 hour ago, mev said:

This is a man who almost got the Celtic job a number of years ago so he must have something about him. 

😂

The papers claimed he was "in the running" back in 2009 and it went no further than that.

A great attempt at trying to convince yourself it's a good appointment though, no wonder those in charge know they can half arse it if fans are going to do all the hard work convincing everyone they've done a good job.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

😂

The papers claimed he was "in the running" back in 2009 and it went no further than that.

A great attempt at trying to convince yourself it's a good appointment though, no wonder those in charge know they can half arse it if fans are going to do all the hard work convincing everyone they've done a good job.

I don't think he was ever a serious contender for Celtic, but he was very much in the running for the Scotland job round about the same time. He did a tremendous job in his first spell at Motherwell, but it's pretty much all been downhill since he joined Aberdeen.