All things Dundee FC

42 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Taking a break for a while.

Enjoy the rest of the season guys.

Johnny.

Hope everything is alright with you bud. Speak when you're back.

8 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Keyes pointing out all the boring fuds in the Perth support, been going on for 20 minutes, think the rest of them are bored with it.

Thank you.

Genuinely not even joking when I say I think he's pointing roughly at where I sit.

9 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

The worrying thing for me - and has been fir a few years - is there are people in the breadline who now have to give up near 10% of their 40hr week wage to take in a game of football.

Its astronomical. 

Not that it helps but to me the bigger problem is the low wage economy rather than the price of the fitba. Nobody working a 40 hour week should be on the breadline. 

If The Doc and the board want to push on then perhaps, that's the thinking behind the price increase. However, attendances are pretty low as it.

More young ones seem to be interested in The Dee now (great to see) - anyone aware of the work the club does with local schools etc?

I know The DABs give away about 50000 tickets to kids. 

Also, @johnnydunI hope you're doing well Sir. 

Thank you. 

P.S. Can someone start The Motherwell thread please? I've banned myself from starting threads.

Edited by Girth

17 minutes ago, Girth said:

If The Doc and the board want to push on then perhaps, that's the thinking behind the price increase. However, attendances are pretty low as it.

More young ones seem to be interested in The Dee now (great to see) - anyone aware of the work the club does with local schools etc?

I know The DABs give away about 50000 tickets to kids. 

Also, @johnnydunI hope you're doing well Sir. 

Thank you. 

P.S. Can someone start The Motherwell thread please? I've banned myself from starting threads.

A job for @Jacksgranda.

35 minutes ago, Girth said:

Nae point looking oot the windee and the forecast till the next 10 days , both the Motherwell and The The Rangers games will be aff 

I think the partnerships we are forming are very exciting for club to grow and be more competitive. 

The strategic partnership with Burnley has allowed us to get high quality youth players on loan who we may see back next season. I believe Costelloe and Mellon would benefit from that. ALK Capital formed two apps for scouting and analysis. AI Scout is a new app that allows youth players to access trials by creating profiles and complete testing which the club can identify players. As well as Burnley, Chelsea are using AI scout up until U18 level. Another programme they have is Player Lens which is an online analysis and video recruitment website. That will benefit us to find hidden gems from abroad like we have with Portales and Motherwell with Zdravkoski. Our youth is decent but finding recently released players from other big teams could impact us positively. ----https://www.ai.io/clubs----https://www.playerlens.com/

The new partnership with Louisville City is really exciting as well. They have recently got a new stadium which looks a very similar lay out to our new stadium. They have some very good players as well. Ordonez, Wynder, Adams and Serrano are premiership quality. Louisville also have a womens team who are more high profile than the mens team. Racing Louisville are in the highest division in America and have USA capped players. They are also in the new FIFA which is impressive. There is already a Ladies team in Dundee but if we had help in creating a good team that could compete against the big teams then it is worth it. Louisville would help us with the stadium project I reckon as well. 

Search Results

Edited by peebles_Dee

What an endorsement for skyrocketing season ticket prices if we have to move to an alternative stadium just to get our season finished.

Can't help but feel we are doing a massive injustice to our playing squad and their good season so far. Rumours of having to switch stadiums to get a game on, whether unfounded or not, really aren't doing the look of our club any favours at all.

Put that together with a considerable increase in season tickets a few days ago...ffs.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

What an endorsement for skyrocketing season ticket prices if we have to move to an alternative stadium just to get our season finished.

Literally as I type Ludo...

10 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'm not even being an arse when I say you might have problems using Dens at all next season if you have to switch stadiums for the rest of the season.

The SPFL won't pass the ground for use if the pitch doesn't reach certain standards, and they'll be strict as f**k about drainage if there's still issues from now until then.

It might force the council to actually do something to help though.

Edited by RandomGuy.

If this was September, or even May, it wouldn't be anything like as pressing a problem. The league is shitting itself because of time pressures created by the tinpot "split", and the fact that they can't be seen to be giving one Glasgow club an "unfair" set of fixtures compared to another because of the absolute shitstorm it would create.

Obviously the fundamental problem is still the drainage problems at Dens, but there is no way the postponment of one or two fixtures should be causing this much consternation in any serious league. 

9 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Obviously the fundamental problem is still the drainage problems at Dens, but there is no way the postponment of one or two fixtures should be causing this much consternation in any serious league. 

If the Motherwell game is postponed that's 5 this season isn't it?

Ross County, Aberdeen, St Johnstone, Rangers, Motherwell.

This time of the season is an issue because free dates are running out due to cup ties etc.

Cup ties, but mainly the split.

I've asked several times and had no response. Does anyone know if the Dens pitch would have been playable last night, and if so, is there any justifiable reason for the SPFL's decision to ignore the open date of the 3rd of April, in favour of the 10th of April which left them no contingency in an already difficult fixture logjam?

2 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Cup ties, but mainly the split.

I've asked several times and had no response. Does anyone know if the Dens pitch would have been playable last night, and if so, is there any justifiable reason for the SPFL's decision to ignore the open date of the 3rd of April, in favour of the 10th of April which left them no contingency in an already difficult fixture logjam?

The only explanation for avoiding last night seems to be avoiding "benefiting" an OF side before they meet at the weekend, which is embarrassing.