All things Dundee FC

1 minute ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

It's really not. Reckless behaviour with no intent to harm is treated differently to malice aforethought. On a very basic level 'doing something stupid and illegal that could hurt someone' is different to 'actively trying to hurt someone'.

These 2 events are being conflated. Guy in crowd throws flare on to pitch is one event, and should be punished accordingly. Player kicks lit pyrotechnic into crowd causing injury is the separate second event. Neither are in any way acceptable. 

So you already know that Griffiths booted it into the crowd with intent to harm but the fan threw it onto the pitch with no such intention?  

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

It came from about 10 rows behind him, not sure why you're happy he got hit with it tbh, unless everyone in the stand was fair game to be burned because one fanny brought it in.

Already replied to the first version of this.

Just now, hk blues said:

So you already know that Griffiths booted it into the crowd with intent to harm but the fan threw it onto the pitch with no such intention?  

To be fair I've no idea about the fan, but if it's shown that there was intent and he/she just has really bad aim then they deserve the appropriate punishment. 

I think you'd be hard pressed to argue that LG didn't intend to cause injury, or that the action was likely to result in injury.

23 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Griffiths should receive a hefty fine for that.

I think he will - mind you, he could reasonably contend that his form has been so bad since he arrived at Dens that he was trying to kick it into the corner and it went the wrong way

Cracking Up Reaction GIF

14 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Where did I say I was happy he got hit with it? I just think it’s hugely hypocritical of the fans to only complain to the police after one of them were hit and not when it was thrown in the first place.

Yeah, not reporting an incident of throwing a flare when there's 10+ stewards stood next to the boy throwing is different to reporting someone hitting you with a lit flare, m8.

1 minute ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

I think you'd be hard pressed to argue that LG didn't intend to cause injury, or that the action was likely to result in injury.

Are you saying that you think Griffiths is capable of conscious thought?

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah, not reporting an incident of throwing a flare when there's 10+ stewards stood next to the boy throwing is different to reporting someone hitting you with a lit flare, m8.

I’d be fining the stewards as well then if 10 of them stood watching.

If the fan doesn’t throw the smoke bomb, there’s no problem.

If the fan is fine with the smoke bomb being flung, but unhappy with it being returned, he is a hypocrite.

Griffiths is a fud, as are the vast majority of football fans. Fortunately, most aren’t as much of a fud as Griffiths.

5 minutes ago, Ross. said:

If the fan is fine with the smoke bomb being flung, but unhappy with it being returned, he is a hypocrite.

Why have you decided he was fine with it being flung? Saints fans have reported the young group for flares before.

Absolutely mental that you've got someone bringing a flare to a ground, someone aimlessly booting it into a crowd, yet you're here criticising the guy who got hit with it and saying you feel more sorry for Griffiths 😂

Edited by RandomGuy.

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

If it was then maybe we should’ve signed him after all. Some accuracy. 

I've not seen Griffiths strike it so sweetly since the 2 free kicks against England.

He's back folks.

Bizarre suggestion that the fan hit with the flare deserves it because he hadn’t reported it being thrown from well behind him in the 20 seconds between it landing on the park and being booted at him? Wild.

The weirdest thing about Griffiths last night was that Dundee had McGowan hitting the corners instead of him. Griffiths’ delivery is far better - as evidenced by his well aimed swipe of the flare…

6 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Bizarre suggestion that the fan hit with the flare deserves it because he hadn’t reported it being thrown from well behind him in the 20 seconds between it landing on the park and being booted at him? Wild.

Not only that, but more pity for Griffiths than the fan who was hit by the flare.

Absolutely mental.

46 minutes ago, Orbix said:

You keep saying this, but recklessness has a subjective element to it, and there's a difference in risk between aiming for a patch of watered grass and a crowd.

It is impossible to state that the flare thrower aimed for anywhere specific, in the same way it cant be proven that Griffiths aimed for the crowd.

Both he and Griffiths can claim what they want, but both are wrong and if they are pulled for it, both will be found guilty.