All things Dundee FC

6 minutes ago, eindhovendee said:

Looks even worse with that Twitter profile pic.

Surely the club won't let them put that up for real?

They put up the whole badge on Instagram yesterday, probably realising what they have done and trying to distance themselves from it..

https://www.instagram.com/p/CbOa-nGInXU/?utm_medium=copy_link

By the looks of things they have went from daft wee laddies to having to put out political stand points.

Still not a good look.

Edit.. Apparently this has all been done with club engagement.

Edited by johnnydun

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

They put up the whole badge on Instagram yesterday, probably realising what they have done and trying to distance themselves from it..

https://www.instagram.com/p/CbOa-nGInXU/?utm_medium=copy_link

By the looks of things they have went from daft wee laddies to having to put out political stand points.

Still not a good look.

I had dipped into TDBF and saw that thread and my initial thought as soon as I saw the name was "hmmm, sounds a bit fash".

Like, out of everything they could have called themselves they've managed, by pure coincidence, to land on a name that's very similar to a well known fascist group.

As far as the logo goes as you said a few posts up the wreath will be lifted from the Dundee badge and the skull is a pretty common motif for Ultras groups but put it alongside the name and it's not a good look.

Tbh, I'm not sure that doubling down and eye rolling when it's pointed out to them helps much either.

Acknowledge the issue, change the name and they should be able to move on from it easily enough (assuming they're not actual Nazis).

1 minute ago, Crawford said:

f**k me the embarrassment goes from strength to strength.

How long until we annex Arbroath?

I reckon the reverse is more likely.

It doesn’t surprise me that all the Dees on here are condemning this.  The work of a tiny minority of immature arseholes imo.

55 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Like, out of everything they could have called themselves they've managed, by pure coincidence, to land on a name that's very similar to a well known fascist group.

As far as the logo goes as you said a few posts up the wreath will be lifted from the Dundee badge and the skull is a pretty common motif for Ultras groups but put it alongside the name and it's not a good look.

Its pretty much an Alan Partridge sketch at this point.

7 minutes ago, K.T said:

Club have removed the banner and are investigating the issue 

The only piece of pass Nelms can get from this is him being American and not knowing. Other heads have to roll a bit though. 

34 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Disgraceful, probably all strutting around wearing Hugo Boss as well.

*takes polo off*

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

There's a young lad that used to make cracking Dundee montage videos of former players that became the DeeTV commentator and deleted all his content. Sad times because his video packages were considerably better than DeeTV.

ETA: talking rubbish that YT account was called 'EthanJuplin' or something.

EthanJubin, he is the guy who commentates now & is one half of the DPC admins.

1 minute ago, Mr. Alli said:

The only piece of pass Nelms can get from this is him being American and not knowing. Other heads have to roll a bit though. 

*takes polo off*

Hard to tell if you're taking your polo off out of shame or about to throw fists with Biggie IMO.