All things Dundee FC

If he's fit and interested then he should do well, whether those happen concurrently is another thing. 

He did do a lot to dig us out in the end last season, then ghosted the club in the summer (probably bad agent advice more than anything). Would have loved to have seen him and Dipo together all the same.

1 hour ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Don't let the door hit your arse on the way out Niall.

Thank you for nothing.

Frees up some money and allows us to open up The Dark Blue WARCHEST.

Glow Treasure Chest GIF by gfaught

9 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

Here he is recently against Barrow (1:35 in). Clinical. 

I saw this not long after it happened and it pretty much made my mind up for me that we dodged a bullet. Little did I know it could actually be a boomerang.

Is there actually any truth to this "Adeloye is signing" or are Dundee fans just combining the fact 1. They need a striker, 2. Adeloye's move down to Swindon has been a disaster, 3. We tried to sign him in the summer.

Pretty sure i read somewhere a week or so again that he isn't playing for Swindon atm as he's out injured plus also it took him a while to get going for us last season so if you're bringing him in just over halfway into a season not sure how long it would take him to start scoring the goals. Also not sure if he's any better than Rudden tbh (Rudden who i would say is underperforming)

17 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Aye doesn't seem to have went how he would have wanted it to go at Swindon.  Hope he's a guaranteed starter for you, if not he will take the huff.

Given he wasn’t a regular starter under Bullen and came on as a sub week after week saving our skin this isn’t remotely true. 

Adeloye is better than Rudden IMO, but not at the level of Dipo. He did play in a woeful side last season though. His hold up play is excellent if players get in and around him. Back to goal he is very effective at holding it up, or ragdolling players and getting in behind. Like every single striker on the planet he misses chances, he just wasn’t presented with many last season. If he does sign for Dundee your only concern is his confidence and whatever the management style of Bowyer is. He is very much a confidence player and I imagine it’ll be shattered right now. 

An Akinyemi Adeloye front two would be mouthwatering. 

3 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Is there actually any truth to this "Adeloye is signing" or are Dundee fans just combining the fact 1. They need a striker, 2. Adeloye's move down to Swindon has been a disaster, 3. We tried to sign him in the summer.

Pretty sure i read somewhere a week or so again that he isn't playing for Swindon atm as he's out injured plus also it took him a while to get going for us last season so if you're bringing him in just over halfway into a season not sure how long it would take him to start scoring the goals. Also not sure if he's any better than Rudden tbh (Rudden who i would say is underperforming)

It was my mate who messaged me- he’s a Hartlepool fan and has a popular lower league podcast 

24 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

Here he is recently against Barrow (1:35 in). Clinical. 

Some finish. Season contender.

21 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Not as good as Rudden but better than Sheridan. 

Sad Bill Clinton GIF

10 minutes ago, rb123! said:

4. An Ayr fan just typed that he's signed and the deal is done.

Edited by Derry Alli

Tomi isn’t actually lazy either, Ayr fans just expected him to single handedly press an entire defence by himself without a teammate within sixty yards of him. He certainly isn’t a workhorse/iron lung style striker but most definitely isn’t lazy. Play to his strengths and I imagine he will be getting it right up certain Ayr fans, unfortunately. 

6 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Tomi isn’t actually lazy either, Ayr fans just expected him to single handedly press an entire defence by himself without a teammate within sixty yards of him. He certainly isn’t a workhorse/iron lung style striker but most definitely isn’t lazy. Play to his strengths and I imagine he will be getting it right up certain Ayr fans, unfortunately. 

What are his strengths then? We need a physical striker who can bully defenders off the ball and make chances for himself. That's what Robinson provided and what is sorely missing just now.

Did he ever play in a 2 for you guys and if so did he impress in it? Rudden is a workhorse-type and thrives playing off a more physical striker, so if Tomi could fit in that setup.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee