All things Dundee FC

1 minute ago, Pens_Dark said:

You're getting the wrong end of the stick here. My criticism wasn't directed at your opinion but more the lack of thought from the board.

I see, my bad. I agree in the sense that I was rooting for another candidate like Bowyer who was an unknown quantity to be free of judgment, but it's always inevitable when it's somebody from up here. No wonder there's so many sackings in Scotland when none l the list of candidates is always so demoralising.

I will say with Davidson that he's still relatively new in the managing game with some clear strengths, and McPake seems to have learned a lot and changed his approach in the sorry time between managing us and leading Dunfermline, so unlike an absolute no-hoper like McGhee there is potential there for something good to happen if given the right guidance. As you say though, it's just another case of managers and owners trying to prove the fans wrong, so we'll see.

2 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I will say with Davidson that he's still relatively new in the managing game with some clear strengths

What are they?

7 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I see, my bad. I agree in the sense that I was rooting for another candidate like Bowyer who was an unknown quantity to be free of judgment, but it's always inevitable when it's somebody from up here. No wonder there's so many sackings in Scotland when none l the list of candidates is always so demoralising.

I will say with Davidson that he's still relatively new in the managing game with some clear strengths, and McPake seems to have learned a lot and changed his approach in the sorry time between managing us and leading Dunfermline, so unlike an absolute no-hoper like McGhee there is potential there for something good to happen if given the right guidance. As you say though, it's just another case of managers and owners trying to prove the fans wrong, so we'll see.

Like you say, it only takes a few positive results for fans to forget it all. With these types of appointments though I always feel like we are just waiting for the bad results to come. The board will have seen our opinions of Davidson, there's no getting away from that, I GUESS that if they are still going for him regardless then it means they have total confidence in the job he can do.

6 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

Like you say, it only takes a few positive results for fans to forget it all. With these types of appointments though I always feel like we are just waiting for the bad results to come. The board will have seen our opinions of Davidson, there's no getting away from that, I GUESS that if they are still going for him regardless then it means they have total confidence in the job he can do.

Only problem is they tend to hire mostly duds. 

4 minutes ago, Girth said:

Only problem is they tend to hire mostly duds. 

The Clum move has hit a snag. Did you change your mind about applying?

Thank you.

24 minutes ago, jagfox said:

The Clum move has hit a snag. Did you change your mind about applying?

Thank you.

Just waiting for the call matey. 

Thank you. 

1 minute ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

No point in celebrating when we've still got the oompah loompah running the show, who's next up? another one of his unemployed mates?

fucking awful.

Thank you.

We're not out of the woods yet...Coyle is still up for grabs.

He turned the job down reading the courier "Davidson has since decided the job wasn’t for him and will wait for another option to get back into management after being sacked by St Johnstone in April."

I have no faith in Nelms and GS making a decent appointment. They got lucky with Bowyer after not getting their initial targets.

2 minutes ago, Girth said:

Just waiting for the call matey. 

Thank you. 

Make sure your bowling shoes are buffed and ready to roll.

Thank you.

A lot of people going OTT online about Bowyer going and Davidson coming in. 

Nelms really should’ve said in his initial statement that the club felt Bowyer wasn’t fully committed to the club. At such an important time for the club with so many players out of contract, we need someone committed 100% and that he spent too much time down south. We as a club feel we need a manager that locates to the area. He didn’t need to get into the finer details of it being down to family reasons. Praise him for being a good person, thank him for his efforts and compliment him on his league win. 

Most rational people would accept this. Christ Nelms has made this difficult. 

Edited by Yenitit

11 minutes ago, Peadar BigDinnerO'Driscoll said:

He turned the job down reading the courier "Davidson has since decided the job wasn’t for him and will wait for another option to get back into management after being sacked by St Johnstone in April."

I have no faith in Nelms and GS making a decent appointment. They got lucky with Bowyer after not getting their initial targets.

Who’s to say these journalists aren’t making it up as they go along. 

Nothing’s coming out of the club regards who they’re looking at. 

For all we know Davidson could’ve applied, he’s got an inclination he’s not getting it and either his agent or himself has gone to a friend in the media and sped them a line that he’s not interested in it to save face.