General Election 2015

Ludo*1

For me its unacceptable that the SNP may hold the balance of power when you already have a Parliament in Scotland. Sorry to all my Scottish friends on here but regrettably this means I shall be voting tactically to keep the SNP from being part of any Westminster government.

Sturgeon has done my head in the last week about Scottish this and Scottish that rather than what the British electorate as a whole want and personally I want to be remain part of a United Kingdom that does the right thing by people in Liverpool and Leeds just as much as it does in Edinburgh and Glasgow.

If the SNP poll 50% in Scotland and this equates to something like 56/58 seats that does seem an overly strong representation at Westminster when it equates to only c.4% of the BRITISH voters wanting SNP.

If I'm honest, I really do wish you had voted YES to independence rather than try to break up the union from within. Better together and all that.

I'm not your friend, you dick.

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Final forecasts from @Election4castUK @ElectionsEtc @May2015NS @pollingobs @anthonyjwells & @LadPolitics

1430994660962.jpg

So even the most optimistic polls show the Tories can't form a majority, and that Labour need to have some kind of arrangement with the SNP if they want to occupy number 10. The May2015 poll I think is the most accurate.

Southern English edition of the Daily Mail apparently has a blurred photo from 1998 showing Sturgeon in the same Asda checkout queue as Jimmy Savile, Harold Shipman and Abu Hamza....

For me its unacceptable that the SNP may hold the balance of power when you already have a Parliament in Scotland. Sorry to all my Scottish friends on here but regrettably this means I shall be voting tactically to keep the SNP from being part of any Westminster government.

Sturgeon has done my head in the last week about Scottish this and Scottish that rather than what the British electorate as a whole want and personally I want to be remain part of a United Kingdom that does the right thing by people in Liverpool and Leeds just as much as it does in Edinburgh and Glasgow.

If the SNP poll 50% in Scotland and this equates to something like 56/58 seats that does seem an overly strong representation at Westminster when it equates to only c.4% of the BRITISH voters wanting SNP.

If I'm honest, I really do wish you had voted YES to independence rather than try to break up the union from within. Better together and all that.

If the people of England hadn't resoundingly voted against electoral reform for Westminster (by a 2:1 margin) as recently as 2011 then I might find it easier to listen to them moaning about the way the system works now.

Which regrettably means you will be voting for a party who cares little for anything outwith the confines of London. Unlucky.

We've got just over 10% of the seats with just under 10% of the population. What exactly are you whining about? Do you suddenly want to get rid of first past the post now that it's not working in your favour? And how about Scotland being ruled by a Tory Government when they can barely win a single seat? Better together unless we have any meaningful representation in Westminster more like.

Question for you guys. Are you able to take a kid into the voting booth? (No sniggering at the the back!). I was going to take my son who's 12 to show him what it's all about

I took my 2 year old up with me this morning.

When I said we were going to vote, she thought I said Boat and was subsequently underwhelmed with the lack of Boat :(

Yeah we don't care what you find acceptable champ, move along.

And we wish we voted yes too, but your country can't live without the subsidy we give it, so you begged, threatened and lied to us to get us to stay. Now we are, for the time being, deal with it.

Democracy a bitch, ain't it

Anyone that's planning to be here all night fancy starting an overnight thread and willing to update the OP as results come through so that sleepers can have them straight away?

Also, what's the etiquette on posting results that get leaked on twitter? Do we wait for them to be announced to keep the suspense?

My mate (who I trust) tells me that when he went to vote this morning some twat was having a real go at the polling officers: "make sure all these SNP votes are counted, they'd better no go missing..." etc etc.

The level of anti-establishment paranoia from the supporters of a party thats actually been in government for 8 years is really quite impressive I suppose :unsure2:

Anyone that's planning to be here all night fancy starting an overnight thread and willing to update the OP as results come through so that sleepers can have them straight away?

Also, what's the etiquette on posting results that get leaked on twitter? Do we wait for them to be announced to keep the suspense?

I don't think claims on P&B are legally binding.

I reckon we should post away.

I don't think claims on P&B are legally binding.

I reckon we should post away.

Nothing to do with legality, just might spoil the announcements a bit if they've been posted on P&B ahead of time.

Also, #Dogsatpollingstations is trending :lol:

What a confused post. Are you an alt?

Disturbing reports of people being turned away from an Annan polling station by burly blokes if they say they don't support a certain party.

:lol:

Well that's just bloody undemocratic. I bet she's talking about those separatists, it's usually them. There's no way they're getting my vote now. Can someone suggest another party I should vote for please. This Ms DavidsonMSP - who I presume is just a civic minded citizen like the rest of us - seems like a decent sort, I wonder who she would suggest.

Archived