what do you call your evening meal?

Booker-T

155 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How much eating can one person do in a day? What the hell is a high tea

Some of those meals are less than 7 courses TBF, and as for the part in bold, you, sir, are scum, sub-human scum.

I have tea with my breakfast but it's definately no ma dinner.

I have dinner when I come home after my work.

Supper for me is like tea and toast before you go to bed.........like it is for the good people of this country ;)

Agreed. I also drink tea with my elevenses and that's not tea either.

The act of having a cup of tea with your evening meal makes it having tea.

The word supper is an abomination in any context. Imagine coming in the door and saying what's for supper? Almost as bad as calling your lunch dinner (I learn new things all the time from PnB and it's usually sickening).

statts1976uk and Dryhorce, your lives are worthless.

It was tea when i was growing up

ever since ive lived myself ive called it dinner.

I have obviously turned completely uncouth *shakes fist at Paisley*

When I were a lad, the post-school early evening meal was cried dinner, or 'denner', more like - then, somehow, around the same time that my pals became my 'mates'. dinner became 'tea'. c***s. :angry:

Of all the suggestions thus far, I'm liking 'Colin'.

Immediately gives a mental image of Colin Hendry, who would be a supper with a massive, crisp fish. Lovely.

Steak and egg should never go together under any circumstances.

Like forever_blue I alternate between calling it dinner and tea but I think the majority of the time I call it tea. Anything I have to eat just before going to my bed is classed as "supper".

what about raw egg on raw steak?

Din dins

yup, i often refer to a friday's post work food n booze attack as din dins.

If you are in Glasgow, i strongly recommend Torres on SuckMyBalls Street for said munching and drinking - best to keep it to one plate per person per round though.

Steak and egg should never go together under any circumstances.

Like forever_blue I alternate between calling it dinner and tea but I think the majority of the time I call it tea. Anything I have to eat just before going to my bed is classed as "supper".

f**k right off. A slice of beef fillet cooked medium-rare on toasted and well-buttered English muffin with a quail's egg atop and some butter-fried mushrooms to help is the best breakfast known to man.

Edited to add: With a dash of cayenne it's also a damned fine supper dish ;)

f**k right off. A slice of beef fillet cooked medium-rare on toasted and well-buttered English muffin with a quail's egg atop and some butter-fried mushrooms to help is the best breakfast known to man.

Edited to add: With a dash of cayenne it's also a damned fine supper dish ;)

You can only get away with this gentrified pish on the top fives breakfast thread.

Archived