Any lunatics still thinking Messi is the best?

Mr Romanov

:huh:

:lol:

f**k sake.

OK, here goes. No world class players played exclusively between my birth (41 years ago) and my taking a real interest in football, both going to pro matches and on television (World Cup) in 1982. Probably the best player in that period was Johan Cruyff who made his debut in 1964. Therefore I think I can include that additional period in my summation.

Still funny?

http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2015/05/07/ronaldo-takes-to-social-media-to-point-out-he-scored-too-you-know/

Ronaldo Takes To Social Media To Point Out He Scored Too You Know

May 7, 2015

a4-e1430990742554.jpg

AS the football world heaped praise on the unparalleled talents of Lionel Messi following his stunning second goal against Bayern Munich, an angry and frustrated Cristiano Ronaldo is believed to have taken to Facebook to remind people he scored as well the other night.

Citing a header he scored from close range on Tuesday night against Juventus, Ronaldo asked “what’s the big deal? I score goals all the time too” before adding a follow up status moments later which simply read “Jesus! It wasn’t even that good calm down”. The Real Madrid player then began frantically posting links his own best-of compilations found on Youtube to his social media accounts.

Ronaldo’s assertions as to Messi’s goal sit in stark contrast to the millions of football fans around the world who have now admitted to rewinding the goal and violently masturbating to it.

“I wasn’t sure I would climax at all,” explained avid football fan Gary Higgins, “I mean that disguised pass from Rakitic was certainly arousing but then I noticed Messi had actually chipped arguably the best goalkeeper in the world with his weaker foot…that sent me over the edge, the place was a mess”.

The level of excitement and hyperbole surrounding Messi had led to surge of activity online with several individuals seeking to captilise on a turned on football public.

One such individual living in Barcelona took to Ebay to sell what he claimed were strands of Messi’s hair, suitable as the basis of cloning the footballer. The auction lasted just 2 minutes, with the winning bid landing on a figure in excess of €2 million.

With the second leg of Barcelona’s semi-final tie against Bayern just a week away many have speculated that Jerome Boateng, left spreadeagled on the floor in the build up to Messi’s goal, will not recover in time.

“We have the best psychologists working around the clock to ensure we can save what is left of his fragile, defeated mind,” a Bayern team official told WWN.

Additionally FIFA have already rejected fans’ requests to have football renamed ‘Messi’.

I think folk are getting a wee bit carried away, its more the consistency that is amazing. Many have played to similar standards but not for as long. Maybe not as Messi but certainly Ronaldo.

Messi is probably the best ever, Ronaldo just a great player up there with the other greats.

People have decided Messi is the best player because he scored 1 spectacular goal? Admittedly the goal was world class and absolutely genius but Ronaldo still leads the scoring chart and has done for the past 2 seasons.

When Messi turns it on like he did against Bayern last week and produced that piece of magic there's undoubtedly no one better to watch. But the scoring tables don't lie, as it stands Ronaldo will get the golden boot and deservedly so.

They are both unbelievable football players and have broken so many records. Most noticeably Messi scoring 95 goals in a calendar year & Ronaldo scoring 17 Champions League goals in 11 appearances. Both of those statistics when you think about it are surreal.

Instead of arguing who's better after one of them scores a hat-trick or a world class goal I'm going to enjoy watching undoubtedly the two greatest ever to grace a football pitch.

People have decided Messi is the best player because he scored 1 spectacular goal? Admittedly the goal was world class and absolutely genius but Ronaldo still leads the scoring chart and has done for the past 2 seasons.

When Messi turns it on like he did against Bayern last week and produced that piece of magic there's undoubtedly no one better to watch. But the scoring tables don't lie, as it stands Ronaldo will get the golden boot and deservedly so.

They are both unbelievable football players and have broken so many records. Most noticeably Messi scoring 95 goals in a calendar year & Ronaldo scoring 17 Champions League goals in 11 appearances. Both of those statistics when you think about it are surreal.

Instead of arguing who's better after one of them scores a hat-trick or a world class goal I'm going to enjoy watching undoubtedly the two greatest ever to grace a football pitch.

This, I much prefer to watch messi as a personal choice as I think Ronaldos attitude to team mates and petulance is a real shame and slightly off putting. Messi comes across much more humble and much more of a team player.

Both are ridiculously good, to be as good as they are so consistently is crazy.

I would say Ronaldo is much more of a predator where as I think messi is more likely to win you a game with a total piece of magic out of nowhere. I just love the way messi plays more so, agile and brilliant dribbling at speed.

For me, messi is the better all round player but id be being very picky to try seperate them as statistically theres literally nothing between then over the last 3/4 years.

Means jackshit, Gerd Muller is never mentioned in the greatest ever yet he was a better goal scorer than either of them.

Yup, he's scored one decent goal. Messis record overall is better than Ronaldos since he joined Madrid in both goals and assists I believe.