P&B General Election - Game

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I may or may not have been offered a role by one of the parties. A role I politely declined. So, somewhat controversially, I'm coming out in support of #Dece

To paraphrase Jay-Z and Alicia Keys:

"Dece will inspire you"

And I, for one, am inspired.

Yes. Yes he was.

Some excellent clarification by the #deceparty and a party I'll happily back now. Unlike the yes campaign I think Dece could sway the women vote, secretly we like being rated out of 10.

Did anyone else of a Dece persuasion suddenly hear the chorus to this song in their head as they read both the posts above?

I for one am absolutely delighted to have two #solid10 posters by our side. Welcome to the revolution.

Kloppers = definite No voters.

I'm not looking to play an active role in the #Dece campaign, I'm far too busy philosophising and chiselling out a swole beach body for next summer's Marbs gathering #2k15

However I can probably rustle up a good few of my v.v.v important business contacts and sort out some funding to spread the good word. #icanaffordit

Yes. Yes he was.

Some excellent clarification by the #deceparty and a party I'll happily back now. Unlike the yes campaign I think Dece could sway the women vote, secretly we like being rated out of 10.

Good to have you on board.Further evidence of the diversity of the Dece movement.

I'd like to make a late bid for a cabinet position in the Dece Party. We've already got alot of strong candidates with some excellent, progressive ideas so I have no doubt that whoever ends up in our cabinet will do a fantastic job. I've outlined a few of my ideas that I would put forward:

1. Scottish Football (everything from governing body to grass roots)

- Sponsorship for the Premier division of Scottish football by using the various connections that Dece have to get a lucrative sponsorship deal and put greater amounts of money into Scottish football.

- More equitable distribution of income: with Celtic's income reducing this year we've already seen how exciting it can be to have teams like Hamilton putting up a title challenge. I would want to encourage this kind off competitiveness in Scottish football further and therefore make it more exciting.

- Abolish zealous stewards: one of the worst things about Scottish football is some jealous beta in a hi-vis jacket turfing people out for no reason and killing the atmosphere. Get rid of them and ensure that our vision for an alcohol and Benteke fuelled atmosphere can be realised at a ground near you.

- Better food: get rid of tepid macaroni pies and overpriced ribena and bring in sumptuous steak and top class champers.

- Free pyro available at all grounds for a dece as f**k atmosphere.

2. Scottish Media (including all TV/newspapers etc)

- Encourage more diversity among football journalists: most football columnists are boring, ex-pro's with terrible opinions and lack credibility. They should be swept aside to allow more knowledgable individuals such as the dece bois behind Tell Him He's Pele to get more prominent coverage. More women involved would be good as well.

3. Pie and Bov (The improvement and growth of P&B)

- Democratic vote for mods: Get rid of the inept modding cartel appointed on the whims of Div and bring in a democratically elected group of mods with regular re-elections. This encourages them to actually do their jobs competently.

- A Dece sub-forum: open to all non shit-flingers who ascribe to the dece philosophy

Keep the Dece.

Can I make a suggestion for the actual election itself?

An overall vote for the winner sounds exciting, but what if it was done in a regional style like in the #indyref. Everyone PM's David with their vote, and their votes are put into different regional votes based not on their location but what team they support. Let's say 8 different regions of Scotland, plus a ninth vote for the unspecified voters.

Not only would it encourage dece banter between people from different places, but it would also make for an exciting night. David could announce the winner of each region every 20 minutes or so, as we sit there anxiously waiting for the votes from Lothian, Strathclyde, Highlands etc. Thoughts?

Yes. Yes he was.

I'm delighted the assurances of fellow Dece backers have allayed your concerns.

Women such as yourself, Lyn-Marie, Debbie, Saint Sam and even the bonkers but lovable Rowan have been fine posters over the years. The Dece Party will reach out to every member of P&B (well those whose idea of fun isn't playing scrabble and wearing beige trousers) regardless of sex, religion, race or sexual orientation.

Good to have you on board.Further evidence of the diversity of the Dece movement.

I'd like to make a late bid for a cabinet position in the Dece Party. We've already got alot of strong candidates with some excellent, progressive ideas so I have no doubt that whoever ends up in our cabinet will do a fantastic job. I've outlined a few of my ideas that I would put forward:

1. Scottish Football (everything from governing body to grass roots)

- Sponsorship for the Premier division of Scottish football by using the various connections that Dece have to get a lucrative sponsorship deal and put greater amounts of money into Scottish football.

- More equitable distribution of income: with Celtic's income reducing this year we've already seen how exciting it can be to have teams like Hamilton putting up a title challenge. I would want to encourage this kind off competitiveness in Scottish football further and therefore make it more exciting.

- Abolish zealous stewards: one of the worst things about Scottish football is some jealous beta in a hi-vis jacket turfing people out for no reason and killing the atmosphere. Get rid of them and ensure that our vision for an alcohol and Benteke fuelled atmosphere can be realised at a ground near you.

- Better food: get rid of tepid macaroni pies and overpriced ribena and bring in sumptuous steak and top class champers.

- Free pyro available at all grounds for a dece as f**k atmosphere.

2. Scottish Media (including all TV/newspapers etc)

- Encourage more diversity among football journalists: most football columnists are boring, ex-pro's with terrible opinions and lack credibility. They should be swept aside to allow more knowledgable individuals such as the dece bois behind Tell Him He's Pele to get more prominent coverage. More women involved would be good as well.

3. Pie and Bov (The improvement and growth of P&B)

- Democratic vote for mods: Get rid of the inept modding cartel appointed on the whims of Div and bring in a democratically elected group of mods with regular re-elections. This encourages them to actually do their jobs competently.

- A Dece sub-forum: open to all non shit-flingers who ascribe to the dece philosophy

Keep the Dece.

Excellent stuff.

I'm sure that whoever ends up in the cabinet, the next step will be a thorough and precise discussion with all Dece posters on the overall vision for the future. As the most inclusive and welcoming party in the PnB election, I feel it's vital that everyone's voice is heard.

You see, the Dece lot are basically doing what you'd expect them to do. Which is cool. The Klopp party just decided "hey, using Klopp might help" and rather bizarrely, it has.

The problem with the latter though is that it's basically a party that was made to reach out to the dregs. Which is cool. There's a lot of them and it's a smart policy to aim at them. But it means all other followers are tainted by association to them. Just think about that. And if they finish in third ( or even fourth, but who gives a f**k about the other guy? ), then it'll be even worse. Because it'll mean they didn't even manage to appeal to the dregs properly.

I do have my own ideas that build on itzdrk and what he says.

1. Junior Football. Look. We all know it's an irrelevance. So kicking it out would certainly be fun but not really the best way to go about it. What I would suggest is simply closing down the SJFA, and not allow anything to be put together in it's place. But leave the teams to exist if they wish. What would be the point in that? As I said, junior football is a total irrelevance. So lets decide to make it so officially and put them in their place. Plus, the junior thickos probably won't be able to tell the difference anyways, so no real harm will be done.

Someone did mention that it'd get rid of the posters on here getting rid of the teams. It wouldn't. These people would still exist and would support someone else and come here and post their drivel. Although I'd also support getting rid of junior team posters from P&B if that indeed became a plan.

2. While County Fan makes fair points, I don't actually give a f**k about free press. There needs to be a ban on using the term "Armageddon" ever again, unless either A) there is an actual world ending event coming or B) it's a review of the Bruce Willis movie. I'd also call for the Daily Mail to be seen as a comedy magazine and be shelved as such.

3. There's not much in the way of policies as far as senior football goes, and I don't think there's many bases we can cover. What I would want is a high quality Chinese buffet at every single ground though. Paid for by the SFA of course. Also, half times can be tedious fare. Which could be livened up by a legend of the rivals of the home side getting punched in the gut by supporters for 15 minutes. Which would be made all the better by the seethe of the away end if it is, infact, the main rivals that are playing.

Can I make a suggestion for the actual election itself?

An overall vote for the winner sounds exciting, but what if it was done in a regional style like in the #indyref. Everyone PM's David with their vote, and their votes are put into different regional votes based not on their location but what team they support. Let's say 8 different regions of Scotland, plus a ninth vote for the unspecified voters.

Not only would it encourage dece banter between people from different places, but it would also make for an exciting night. David could announce the winner of each region every 20 minutes or so, as we sit there anxiously waiting for the votes from Lothian, Strathclyde, Highlands etc. Thoughts?

Great minds must think alike.

The final poll won't be on Pie and Bov as it lacks the adequate polling facilities. I have found a good external site that I'll set up for it.

It will mean nobody except me will know the results until announced. There will be a couple of other options on poll as well to state your age bracket, football team and region so that results can be broken down and announced in regional sections. This will obv rely on people being honest with their age and region

NewDomDom, on 17 Oct 2014 - 18:02, said:

You see, the Dece lot are basically doing what you'd expect them to do. Which is cool. The Klopp party just decided "hey, using Klopp might help" and rather bizarrely, it has.

The problem with the latter though is that it's basically a party that was made to reach out to the dregs. Which is cool. There's a lot of them and it's a smart policy to aim at them. But it means all other followers are tainted by association to them. Just think about that. And if they finish in third ( or even fourth, but who gives a f**k about the other guy? ), then it'll be even worse. Because it'll mean they didn't even manage to appeal to the dregs properly.

I do have my own ideas that build on itzdrk and what he says.

1. Junior Football. Look. We all know it's an irrelevance. So kicking it out would certainly be fun but not really the best way to go about it. What I would suggest is simply closing down the SJFA, and not allow anything to be put together in it's place. But leave the teams to exist if they wish. What would be the point in that? As I said, junior football is a total irrelevance. So lets decide to make it so officially and put them in their place. Plus, the junior thickos probably won't be able to tell the difference anyways, so no real harm will be done.

Someone did mention that it'd get rid of the posters on here getting rid of the teams. It wouldn't. These people would still exist and would support someone else and come here and post their drivel. Although I'd also support getting rid of junior team posters from P&B if that indeed became a plan.

2. While County Fan makes fair points, I don't actually give a f**k about free press. There needs to be a ban on using the term "Armageddon" ever again, unless either A) there is an actual world ending event coming or B) it's a review of the Bruce Willis movie. I'd also call for the Daily Mail to be seen as a comedy magazine and be shelved as such.

3. There's not much in the way of policies as far as senior football goes, and I don't think there's many bases we can cover. What I would want is a high quality Chinese buffet at every single ground though. Paid for by the SFA of course. Also, half times can be tedious fare. Which could be livened up by a legend of the rivals of the home side getting punched in the gut by supporters for 15 minutes. Which would be made all the better by the seethe of the away end if it is, infact, the main rivals that are playing.

You'd have been the boring b*****d party then with your ideas then.

Kloppers = definite No voters.

I'm not looking to play an active role in the #Dece campaign, I'm far too busy philosophising and chiselling out a swole beach body for next summer's Marbs gathering #2k15

However I can probably rustle up a good few of my v.v.v important business contacts and sort out some funding to spread the good word. #icanaffordit

Patrick Harvie would definitely be voting Klopp. There's no doubt about that.

Sensible, grown-up policies that are not aimed at the cast of Geordie fucking Shore.

Patrick Harvie would definitely be voting Klopp. There's no doubt about that.

Sensible, grown-up policies that are not aimed at the cast of Geordie fucking Shore.

Inclusive party policies, progressive ideas and a 9/10 in the looks department? Absolutely no doubt who Patrick Harvie would be backing:

55395441.jpg

Archived