The Storms & Severe Weather Thread

CityDave

4 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Excellent news. My fucking roof is leaking in the living room.

I've evidently got a wee leak in the seal of my front door. Might phone the P&J to see if they want a photo of me pointing at the towel I've put down.

Anyway, I noticed the powercuts in the Aberdeen City & Shire areas and so have stockpiled steak and malbec/pinot noir before the shop potentially closes. 

Taking. No. Chances. 

28 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

I've evidently got a wee leak in the seal of my front door. Might phone the P&J to see if they want a photo of me pointing at the towel I've put down.

Anyway, I noticed the powercuts in the Aberdeen City & Shire areas and so have stockpiled steak and malbec/pinot noir before the shop potentially closes. 

Taking. No. Chances. 

Will you eat the steak raw?

Peterhead was spectacular this morning when I was there about 11am. I took a video but its too large to post.  Took a flyer to get home early and got a call out to Bell St polis on way home. Place is falling to bits. An old acquaintance was in handing himself into the CID after being stabbed 12 times a fortnight ago and then some other japester said he'd have stole my screwdriver set if he wasn't in the polis station and knew he'd get the jail for having a weapon on him.

This weather is 10/10, would invite back.

Webcam for the North Esk, just north of Brechin:

https://www.farsondigitalwatercams.com/locations/edzell

Normal level relative to the Gannochy Bridge on the left, and then that after just a few hours of this rain :unsure:

image.thumb.png.bb42bbc256ead5a2e5971c51d531e35c.png

(and yes, I'm fully aware that it's the South Esk that goes past Brechin)

Eta: the water level's up past the vertical part of that road bridge now.  😬

Edited by Hedgecutter

20 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Webcam for the North Esk, just north of Brechin:

https://www.farsondigitalwatercams.com/locations/edzell

Normal level relative to the Gannochy Bridge on the left, and then that after just a few hours of this rain :unsure:

image.thumb.png.bb42bbc256ead5a2e5971c51d531e35c.png

(and yes, I'm fully aware that it's the South Esk that goes past Brechin)

I trust it will be ok.

(in joke for the Perth folk)

1 hour ago, velo army said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Guilty min. Ach I said to myself I'd give it a go and turn back if it got really bad and it never did, but I didn't know about the weather warning as the forecast I looked at said "occasional showers" after I googled "Inverurie weather" to see if I needed to take my waterproof 🙃.

Ach I'll be super careful on the way back

Hmm. 15 miles heading SE on a bike into a 40mph SE headwind? I think you might find the legs a wee bit stiff tomorrow old chum!