NCC in ruins yet again

Mr Bairn

Posters who have asked to be banned (might be missing some) -

DomDom

SweeperDee

Confidemus

The first two came slithering back. Confidemus will return. Mark my words.

*** btw I'm not including folk who have merely "resigned" from the forum such as HibeeJibee and Ric.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe he felt he was spending too much time on here and wanted to remove temptation of posting on here. Liek I mentioned earlier, he didn't message me on here before he left, but that's what I believe.

Wouldn't surprise me if he'd asked a Mod to ban this account so he could start a new one purely to get rid of the weight he put around his neck due to this section of the site. If he'd have started posting in match threads he'd probably be followed about by folk mocking him for it, with a new account that won't happen. Until folk find out its him, obviously.

When something appears to take over life, you need to get right away from it, I took myself out of the Indy debate because I was getting as "bonkers" as well you the ones I mean, Confi was very passionate about what he believed, but much of what he posted appeared to me as "garbage" and after the 18th it was "desperate" much of it, but there are still people who post on here, often do appear to live in some kind of "parallel universe" where the "norm" does not exist, having a view that may be different to someone else, is ok, but to many this is an "alien concept"

When something appears to take over life, you need to get right away from it, I took myself out of the Indy debate because I was getting as "bonkers" as well you the ones I mean, Confi was very passionate about what he believed, but much of what he posted appeared to me as "garbage" and after the 18th it was "desperate" much of it, but there are still people who post on here, often do appear to live in some kind of "parallel universe" where the "norm" does not exist, having a view that may be different to someone else, is ok, but to many this is an "alien concept"

What, full stops?

Confi was like a Shakespearean tragic hero who represented what the Indy movement was. A mythical and pseudo heroic struggle destined for failure (in independence terms). I felt sorry for him as an individual but he knows that it's gone now; the end of the road for Scottish independence.

Not really, Shakesperean tragic heroes normally only have one character flaw.

The strange part is that I brought the matter up two days before this thread started & nary a cheep from any of the usual people haunting this part of the forum, even though it was pretty bloody obvious from the abrupt ceasing of Confidemus' regular output - which is usually the sure fire sign of a certain admin abusing his position because someone "annoyed" him & everyone else keeping shtum lest they suffer the same fate.

An accurate assessment there that he was losing it slowly, which was sad because I think even you would concede 9 times out of 10 he was a good poster who kept matters to business. I must admit I was surprised he took the referendum defeat evidently as badly as he did.

"the retiral to a side room with Divs spud gun and a bottle of ginger." - very eloquent!

To Confidemus, a toast - :guinness

I didn't mind him at all, but to be honest, having watched him falling apart after the referendum was one of the things that made me post on here a lot more. It was too tempting to let it go without poking him with a stick. I almost feel bad about it now. <_<

I guess his criticism of me not wasting as much time on here in the run up to the referendum in now rendered null and void then. :lol: We all have better things to do at certain times I suppose. :P

Trying to think who the referendum has claimed now on here.

XBL fell in tearful tinfoil hat based hysteria.

Swampy must have ruffled someone upstairs too much

Confidemus has handed in his badge because he can't trust himself.

Anyone else?

Archived