UKIP

Im_Rodger

Seems Hookem might have been better off fleeing to Blighty after all:

The clash at the European Parliament earlier this month between UKIP MEPs Steven Woolfe and Mike Hookem has been reported to the French police.

European Parliament president Martin Schulz said he had referred the "regrettable" incident after a probe.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-37773159

Seems they have both been reported so both could potentially face charges although not sure how likely that is at this stage.  They are both almost certainly going to be fined by the parliament itself though for 'bringing it into disrepute' and could lose about 4,000 euros each in precious expenses payments.

Hookem's not taken this news well and has demanded Schulz 'step outside', sort of:

In a statement released on Wednesday, Mr Hookem said he had "no problem with any fair inquiry as it will demonstrate that I did not hit Steven Woolfe."

"Ever keen to stir the pot, the European Parliament president Martin Schulz and the leader of the EPP Manfred Weber have made defamatory statements in the chamber today claiming falsely that I punched Steven Woolfe.

"I have responded to their disgraceful allegations by requesting that they repeat their allegations outside of a place they have parliamentary immunity.

"I'm afraid all I was met with was mealy words from a long-term bully pretending to be the tough guy but refusing to leave his plush tax payer funded feather nest and parliamentary privilege.

"If you have the guts, Mr President, to repeat your false allegations outside of the Hemicycle then yes, I will see you in court."

Probably couldn't?
He put out a statement admitting as much.
In a statement, Mr Kassam said he had come to realise "the path to victory is too narrow" and urged his backers to support former London mayoral candidate Peter Whittle.

He revealed he could not raise enough money for his leadership bid to be any more than a digital campaign based in Westminster, and also complained of "disgraceful treatment by the media".

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

And so is his chief of staff