UKIP

Im_Rodger

2 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Oh, and isn't Latin a bit "foreign" for UKIP?

It was spoken here by our conquerers for a few hundred years. Our ancestors who lived north of Bearsden had a wall to protect them.  ;)

My Latin teacher was not pleased at this inscription on my textbooks. "Latin is a language as dead as dead can be. It killed the ancient Romans and now it's killing me." I still got an A. :)

It was spoken here by our conquerers for a few hundred years. Our ancestors who lived north of Bearsden had a wall to protect them.  [emoji6]

My Latin teacher was not pleased at this inscription on my textbooks. "Latin is a language as dead as dead can be. It killed the ancient Romans and now it's killing me." I still got an A. [emoji4]

And that's why you're not "Father Briggs"

15 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

My Latin teacher was not pleased at this inscription on my textbooks. "Latin is a language as dead as dead can be. It killed the ancient Romans and now it's killing me." I still got an A. :)

Never happened, you absolute fantasist.  

Well that escalated quickly..........

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-37572377

UKIP's Steven Woolfe in hospital 'after altercation'

Steven WoolfeImage copyrightPA Image captionMr Woolfe is standing against Raheem Kassam for the UKIP leadership

UKIP leadership hopeful Steven Woolfe was taken to hospital following an altercation at a meeting of party MEPs, interim leader Nigel Farage has said.

In a statement he said Mr Woolfe had "subsequently collapsed" and his "condition is serious".

Mr Woolfe, MEP for the North West, was taken to hospital in Strasbourg for tests.

Mr Woolfe announced on Wednesday he will stand for the party's leadership after Diane James stepped down.

In his statement, Mr Farage said: " I deeply regret that following an altercation that took place at a meeting of UKIP MEPs this morning that Steven Woolfe subsequently collapsed and was taken to hospital. His condition is serious."

Mr Woolfe, who celebrates his 49th birthday today, is said to have been taken ill after walking out of a vote at the parliament in Strasbourg.

The other candidate to have declared so far, Raheem Kassam, tweeted his best wishes for Mr Woolfe, as did ex deputy chairwoman Suzanne Evans.

Mr Kassam tweeted that he had cancelled his appearance on BBC2's Daily Politics "out of respect" for Mr Woolfe, following reports he had been taken ill.

He added: "I really hope @Steven-Woolfe is okay. Plz send him your best wishes."

Ms Evans, who is said to be considering her own leadership bid, tweeted: "Shocked to hear Steven Woolfe has apparently collapsed in the European Parliament in Strasbourg. Wishing him well for a speedy recovery."

Bill Etheridge, a former UKIP leadership contender and an MEP for the West Midlands and Dudley , tweeted: "Hoping all is well and wishing @Steven_Woolfe all the best after he was taken ill today in Strasbourg."

3 minutes ago, Enigma said:

In a 'serious' condition after an 'altercation' at a meeting of UKIP MEPs.

Aye apparently punched by one of his colleagues and hit his head on the way down:

The favourite to become the next Ukip leader has collapsed  outside the European Parliament amid reports he was punched by a colleague.

The Daily Telegraph understands that Mr Woolfe is suffering from bleeding of the brain after he was punched. One witness said he fell into a window after being punched.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/10/06/ukip-leadership-favorite-steven-woolfe-collapses-outside-europea/

Sounds pretty grim. 

Reports that his colleagues were angered by the rumours that he was considering defection to the Conservative Party.

Apparently one MEP took off his jacket and asked Steven Woolfe "outside" during a meeting.

I'm not a doctor but I understand that the delayed collapse is very bad, indicating strongly that there are brain injuries.

I remember seeing a documentary about a woman whose son was killed by a single punch, she set up a charity to promote awareness of violence and the danger of punching. I have relatives who are police officers who have attended deaths following a single punch. It's a reminder that "horseplay" or "handbags" can cause serious, serious problems and death.