UKIP

Im_Rodger

19 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

I do have a penchant for slightly mad, snippy and skinny women.  Plus she scrubs up well.  I'd love la James to be my entry in to UKIP*

*wid

You wanna see her and Theresa May lezzing off don''t chat? ANIMAL

Edited by Girth

• 2 weeks later...

It's official now anyway:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/10/04/diane-james-quits-as-ukip-leader-after-just-18-days-as-successor/

Rumours now that after she was elected she decided she actually didn't want the job and claimed she would only sign the papers to become leader 'under duress'.

Reports are either that she's quit due to her husband being ill or that she suddenly, upon winning the leadership contest, had doubts about whether or not she actually wanted to be leader.  That or an alleged altercation at a station with a member of the public soured her to being the public face of UKIP.  

The truly bizarre suggestion being floated is that because she didn't properly complete the paperwork to formalise her position as leader Farage is still technically in charge.

Worse shambles than the Labour leadership situation, and that's saying something.

It's official now anyway:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/10/04/diane-james-quits-as-ukip-leader-after-just-18-days-as-successor/

Reports are either that she's quit due to her husband being ill or that she suddenly, upon winning the leadership contest, had doubts about whether or not she actually wanted to be leader.  That or an alleged altercation at a station with a member of the public soured her to being the public face of UKIP.  

Times are reporting that she was spat at on a train and she had huge concerns about the finances of the party.

It appears being spat on at Waterloo Station combined with her husband's increasing ill health are the factors.

If the first story is true, almost a shoe in that Woolfe will get the job as pissed off UKIP members decide if the left wants to get rough they'll get the guy that wanted to go for Labour's "heartlands" territories in the north & Wales - even if UKIP implode in the process, they'll take Labour with them on the split votes.

Certainly they're proving to have much in common with Labour in terms of omnishambles leadership contests!

5 minutes ago, Antlion said:

Apparently he hasn't ruled it out (although he did on his guest spot on This Week). 

He has ruled it out.

Mr Farage said on Tuesday night that he would not return as Ukip leader "for $10 million". Asked if'd take $20 million he said: "No I'm not coming back. I'm retired".