UKIP

Im_Rodger

It's ok, noted medical expert Roger Helmer reckons he'll be alright, panic over.

Neil Hamilton on the BBC news saying it was Woolfe who 'picked a fight and came off worse'.  

Kay Burley had her sources talking about him being 'punched repeatedly', Robert Nisbet has different sources apparently:

Sources tell me that it was one clear punch to @Steven_Woolfewho banged his head on a metal bar. He collapsed 30 minutes later

I am now told by a senior UKIP source that @Steven_Woolfecondition in a Strasbourg hospital "is life threatening"

I am told @steven_woolfe complained about "losing sensation on one side of his body" before falling unconscious.

Edited by Redstarstranraer

It's an awful picture but it's all over the media already.

Sky reporting that he was punched, hit his head but got up and went to a vote. As he was was walking back he collapsed and told someone that he couldn't feel his right hand side.

Just now, ICTChris said:

It's an awful picture but it's all over the media already.

Sky reporting that he was punched, hit his head but got up and went to a vote. As he was was walking back he collapsed and told someone that he couldn't feel his right hand side.

Reuters now supposedly reporting he's conscious and 'improving', so doesn't at the moment seem to be as serious as was being reported earlier.

Also now being suggested from several sources he challenged someone to step outside, they did, and they were both swinging punches at each other, if true then whatever happens seems he was pretty much at least equally culpable.

And it supposedly was Mike Hookem :lol:

The Guardian is now naming Mike Hookem as the MEP involved in the fight with Woolfe.

A source close to the party said the fight happened when Mike Hookem, MEP, turned up to the Strasbourg meeting at 10am and “made a few choice words” to Woolfe about “defecting to the Tories”.

“Stephen Woolfe has then taken his jacket off, walked over and said, ‘Right, you outside now’ or words to that effect,” the source told the Guardian. “They went outside and Stephen Woolfe got the better of it.”

It is understood that Woolfe walked away from the fight and appeared well enough to vote half an hour later. However, Woolfe left the vote mid-way through and then collapsed before he was taken to hospital.

The source added that Woolfe is thought to be conscious and recovering well to hospital treatment. Nathan Gill, his fellow MEP and a close friend, is at Woolfe’s hospital bedside.

The source said he is concerned about what will happen next to both MEPs. “Stephen was the aggressor but Hookem has hit him and I just know the way that will come across,” the contact said.

The problem with modern day media is that a lot of stuff gets about third hand and morphs like a game of Chinese whispers, and too many sources contradicts each other, leading to confusion. That said, I really hope this one is true: 

Screenshot_2016-10-06-14-48-28.png

27 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

On the strict understanding that Woolfe doesn't die or suffer terrible, life changing consequences. This is fucking hilarious. 

Seems he's put out a statement himself saying he's fine, so feel free to start the pointing and laughing

Edit: maybe he isn't actually alright, considering this horrific attempt at a sentence:

At the moment I am feeling brighter, happier, and smiling as ever.

Edited by Redstarstranraer

Just now, ICTChris said:

French police searching a train for MEP Mike Hookem.

This is the end of UKIP isn't it?  How can they continue?

I take it he must think he's killed Woolfe or he wouldn't run away like this, not just for punching somebody.

I wish they couldn't continue but they are a party that can and will brazen out any kind of scandal/embarrassment with a shrug, laugh and appeal to the common man of "we'll we've all done that".. 

It takes a lot to be so incredibly divisive and mental to come across as more self-loathing and in-fight ridden than the Labour Party.......

But with one Hookem it is done

Beginning to understand why Farage drank so much trying to control these lunatics,

who by listening to BBC Radio this morning are hopefully of becoming the official opposition at some point in the future as they overtake Labour.

Never mind no blood on the brain,

If you were told that no blood was getting to the brain of UKIP MEPs would you be surprised,

French national police: No calls received regarding Steven Woolfe

ed36507d-2d25-4604-b40a-addb516a13a2.png

Press Association

Posted at15:01

A spokeswoman for the national police in France said: "No one has called us about this incident and so we have no plans to investigate it at this time. If someone decides to ring and make a complaint, we will of course follow it up." 

Share this post on

Steven Woolfe has 'no bleed on brain'

Posted at14:58

UKIP's press release also specifies, contrary to earlier reports: "There is no bleeding on the brain according to tests."

5 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

Never mind no blood on the brain,

If you were told that no blood was getting to the brain of UKIP MEPs would you be surprised,

French national police: No calls received regarding Steven Woolfe

ed36507d-2d25-4604-b40a-addb516a13a2.png

Press Association

Posted at15:01

A spokeswoman for the national police in France said: "No one has called us about this incident and so we have no plans to investigate it at this time. If someone decides to ring and make a complaint, we will of course follow it up." 

Share this post on

Steven Woolfe has 'no bleed on brain'

Posted at14:58

UKIP's press release also specifies, contrary to earlier reports: "There is no bleeding on the brain according to tests."

I didn't think there would be bleeding on the brain as the reports were that he was punched and hit his head.  No mention of him getting kicked on the arse.