Ferguson

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So you are rattled? You must be a journalist because you doin anything you want to suit your agenda. Did I laugh yes I found it ridiculous that people were complaining about the authorities making a decision to keep people out of harms way, what should they have done jock? Just let them stay in a building with a bomb threat? You are absolutely off your head, you clearly have a screw loose, I'm terribly sorry someone scared you with a knife, that must have been scary but to allow that to leave you such a bitter twisted wee man you continue to rant about subsidised funerals etc even when I explained police officers pay into a fund for exactly that reason you choose to ignore it and twist it like you continually do because it suits your wee agenda. Iv clearly said several times about the cops in these videos being out of line, I know several other cops who agree, but hey that doesn't suit your agenda so you ignore it and continue with the generalisations and vile in every thread you can, get a grip of your life and stop letting hatred rule it. I'm sticking you on ignore because it's becoming tedious and pointless arguing with you. I'm happy to have a debate or discussion with any number of posters but it's beyond a joke now with you and it must be equally as tedious for other posters to read.

Oh come on. It's fun watching him unravel.

So you are rattled? You must be a journalist because you doin anything you want to suit your agenda. Did I laugh yes I found it ridiculous that people were complaining about the authorities making a decision to keep people out of harms way, what should they have done jock? Just let them stay in a building with a bomb threat? You are absolutely off your head, you clearly have a screw loose, I'm terribly sorry someone scared you with a knife, that must have been scary but to allow that to leave you such a bitter twisted wee man you continue to rant about subsidised funerals etc even when I explained police officers pay into a fund for exactly that reason you choose to ignore it and twist it like you continually do because it suits your wee agenda. Iv clearly said several times about the cops in these videos being out of line, I know several other cops who agree, but hey that doesn't suit your agenda so you ignore it and continue with the generalisations and vile in every thread you can, get a grip of your life and stop letting hatred rule it. I'm sticking you on ignore because it's becoming tedious and pointless arguing with you. I'm happy to have a debate or discussion with any number of posters but it's beyond a joke now with you and it must be equally as tedious for other posters to read.

Waaahhh. I don't like what you say so I'm going to practice willful ignorance instead.

(see how much less you'd have to type if you were honest?)

Why?

I'm not black.

Sadly in our country, it isn't race which generally makes the cops bigot scum. It's class.

If you wear a pinstripe suit, the cops will treat you like royalty even if you're a criminal. Wear a shell suit and they'll treat you like a criminal even if you were royalty.

I think you raise an interesting point here but not one that's easy to answer. About 2 years ago I was on a train from London Marylebone to Great Missenden. When the train stopped at Amersham a white guy of my sort-of age (50s), suitably suited and booted (as many are on that pretty affluent commuter line) was not only stopped by the polis but was cuffed and frog-marched out of the station.

For sure, you seldom see middle-aged, middle class blokes in suits getting lifted (although I spent a night in the cells in Burbank, California (as opposed to Burnbank, Lanarkshire)) but my guess is that 'they' tend to be less guilty of "street crimes" and more guilty of "white collar crimes".

• 3 months later...

Shocking news, as an American police officer is actually charged with murder for shooting an unarmed man multiple times as he was running away:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/08/us/south-carolina-officer-is-charged-with-murder-in-black-mans-death.html?_r=0

I actually think one of the most disturbing things is how the guy videoing it all doesn't seem all that shocked by the violence.

You can see why cops are so scared of mandatory on-body cameras. Does anyone doubt that if this video didn't exist, the sack of shit's version of events would be accepted completely? "Oh, he was in fear for his life! The black man was attacking him. He had no choice but to shoot in self-defence." Bleh.

As more of these criminals are exposed by the public, the harder it is for even the most fervent uniform fetishists to make the claim that these are just isolated incidents caused by "a few bad apples".

Oh, and because his wife is 8 months up the duff, his health insurance is still being covered by the taxpayers. You know, just like any regular employee who loses their job because they murdered someone.

You can see why cops are so scared of mandatory on-body cameras. Does anyone doubt that if this video didn't exist, the sack of shit's version of events would be accepted completely? "Oh, he was in fear for his life! The black man was attacking him. He had no choice but to shoot in self-defence." Bleh.

As more of these criminals are exposed by the public, the harder it is for even the most fervent uniform fetishists to make the claim that these are just isolated incidents caused by "a few bad apples".

Oh, and because his wife is 8 months up the duff, his health insurance is still being covered by the taxpayers. You know, just like any regular employee who loses their job because they murdered someone.[/

quote]

I wear a body worn camera and I'm not scared of using it, I think it's a great bit of kit and haven't met a cop who disagrees, stops neds making false complaints and helps secure convictions by actually capturing good footage of what happens. Also uniformfetishists? Have a word with yourself. It's clear the guy is guilty as fcuk and I hope he gets convicted.

Too fucking right, there should be no hope, but put on death row. Switch the clothes on the people on the video.

Also uniform fetishists? Have a word with yourself. It's clear the guy is guilty as fcuk and I hope he gets convicted.

I live in the USA and I'm surrounded by people who only get out of bed in the morning so they can moan about every last mortal thing any US Government employee says or does. Unless that Government employee is in the military or the police in which case they can do no wrong. Up to and including murder. What term would you suggest is more appropriate?

And of course it's clear the guy is guilty as fcuk. But that hasn't stopped people from raising funds for his defence.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/gofundme-removes-campaign-supporting-south-carolina-officer-charged-with-murdering-unarmed-black-man-10163584.html

"We're campaigning to show our support for Officer Michael T. Slager".

Now are you telling me that if you took the uniform out of the equation and this was just a video of a man shooting another man in the back 8 times, those pond-life would be raising money for his defence?

I wear a body worn camera and I'm not scared of using it, I think it's a great bit of kit and haven't met a cop who disagrees

Well, if you Google "Police opposition to body cams" you'll encounter quite a few in this country who do. Including in South Carolina where Walter Scott was murdered.

stops neds making false complaints and helps secure convictions by actually capturing good footage of what happens.

Which is great. It really is. In fact, a recent study showed that police wearing body cams are 90% less likely to have complaints made about them.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2908751/New-study-reveals-use-body-cameras-halves-rate-police-force-causes-complaints-against-officers-drop-90-percent.html

Mind, it also shows that police wearing body cams are 50% less likely to use "force". So, swings and roundabouts, eh?

You can see why cops are so scared of mandatory on-body cameras. Does anyone doubt that if this video didn't exist, the sack of shit's version of events would be accepted completely?

More than this, does anyone doubt that this has been going on for decades? How many have been unjustly treated, maimed, imprisoned and killed off the back of police psychopathy and corruption? Hard to argue with those who have lived under a 'Fcuk the Police' mantra, corrupt institution from top to bottom.

Having said that, f**k body cameras. Even more surveillance is a dangerous remedy.

More than this, does anyone doubt that this has been going on for decades? How many have been unjustly treated, maimed, imprisoned and killed off the back of police psychopathy and corruption? Hard to argue with those who have lived under a 'Fcuk the Police' mantra, corrupt institution from top to bottom.

I remember having an argument along these lines when the whole Ferguson thing kicked off. People don't suddenly take to the streets and start rioting over one isolated incident. They do it because it's symptomatic of the kind of thing that they've put up with for ages and the community finally snaps.

One pretty mental statistic that I saw yesterday:

Number of people shot dead by police in England & Wales since 1990: 55

Number of people shot dead by police in the USA in March 2015: 111

One pretty mental statistic that I saw yesterday:

Number of people shot dead by police in England & Wales since 1990: 55

Number of people shot dead by police in the USA in March 2015: 111

Aye, but crime is a much bigger problem in the UK because of our gun laws.

There's plenty of folk in the US who believe that, you know.

I remember having an argument along these lines when the whole Ferguson thing kicked off. People don't suddenly take to the streets and start rioting over one isolated incident. They do it because it's symptomatic of the kind of thing that they've put up with for ages and the community finally snaps.

Another day, another couple of licensed mafia caught brutalising members of the public and trying to cover it up.

“They arrested me, never Mirandized me or Brandon, and they sent me off with a summons. When I went back to my car, my phone had been brought off the dashboard and was on the drivers seat. I asked the cops who deleted the video, after looking for it in my folder, and they all started laughing. It was sickening. I later found it in my recently deleted folder,” Griffith told The Free Thought Project.

Archived