Roberts Sacked

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't mind Calderwood. We've tried enough new, young managers for the time being. I reckon Jimmy has got a wee bit to prove.

He's a complete dinosaur with abysmal man-management skills. I agree that I'd rather see a more experienced manager this time around but I don't want that complete disgrace anywhere near Ayr.

There's no doubt Shiels would improve us. He's a c**t but that doesn't mean he's not a good manager.

Not sure he's a good manager at the lower league level tbh. His 'philosophy' added a fair few stupid goals to our tally last season, because we didn't have the players to implement a passing game.

Lower league managers need to be pragmatists, Shiels is an idealist and Calderwood is an effective chequebook manager only.

He's a complete dinosaur with abysmal man-management skills. I agree that I'd rather see a more experienced manager this time around but I don't want that complete disgrace anywhere near Ayr.

After suffering jokers like Reid , DL , Roberts and Connor your writing off someone with a proven track record in the game who would be light years ahead of anything we've had in years(decades)? If you look how badly our club is run we should be happy that someone with his quality has applied. He might actually solve some depression issues with the fans if he can get us promoted again.

After suffering jokers like Reid , DL , Roberts and Connor your writing off someone with a proven track record in the game who would be light years ahead of anything we've had in years(decades)? If you look how badly our club is run we should be happy that someone with his quality has applied. He might actually solve some depression issues with the fans if he can get us promoted again.

The only managerial success Calderwood has ever achieved was at Dunfermline and Aberdeen, where, as pointed out above, he spent his way to it. He's been shite everywhere else, so no, his track record doesn't suggest that he's anything even close to light years ahead of our most recent managers.

Did you read about his actions in that thread I linked above? He singled out a teenager and bullied him, and then continued it onto a new club. That is the level of the guy and anyone who considers that to be acceptable behaviour should not be involved in football at all.

There's no doubt Shiels would improve us. He's a c**t but that doesn't mean he's not a good manager.

Why is there 'no doubt'? He arrived at Morton in a virtually identical scenario last season and certainly did not improve them. He's literally one of the last managers I'd want if I was in your situation, as Vikington says you need a pragmatist, someone who'll come in, get them organised, stop gifting goals away and to hell with trying to implement a 'philosophy' with a bunch of players who struggle to control and pass a ball. Unless you sign 4 or 5 quality players you're going to have to rely on shitfesting your way up the league, that's not Shiels strength.

I'd also disagree that he's a good manager in general, but that's a debate for another day.

For what it's worth, I think we should be looking to appoint John McGlynn. Diamonds are Forever is absolutely spot on about what we need at the moment, and of the currently available managers, I doubt there are any better suited to that type of role than McGlynn.

For what it's worth, I think we should be looking to appoint John McGlynn. Diamonds are Forever is absolutely spot on about what we need at the moment, and of the currently available managers, I doubt there are any better suited to that type of role than McGlynn.

I want to watch football, McGlynn's football is as dire as the shite we've been subjected to under Marko.

No McGlynn for me and definitely no Calderwood.

Calderwood a pocket twitching cretin of a man. I would like to see someone encourage and blood the youngsters in, but in a controlled manner. McGlynn's style of play to watch is truly brutal.

Archived