The Great Big Morton Thread

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would rather Morton have Forbes than sign Tidser again.

Never showed anything like the performances he put in for Partick against us. He's clearly got ability, yet for whatever reason it never worked out for him at Dunfermline.

Last saw Forbes play against Peterhead at home, he can barely move as it is however after 60 minutes he had nothing left in the tank. Needs to lose at least a stone in weight and get back to being match fit. Won't ever doubt his ability, however his attitude is poor. As with Barrowman maybe a new club will see him pick up the form of a few seasons ago.

People are going to be really disappointed when Tidser signs for Dundee or the skunks. Pipe dream. It's like 2003/4 when we were supposedly in for Simon Mensing and John Sutton.

Forbes strikes me as another Joe McKee, the 6 out of 8 games useless McKee, not the 2 out of 8 games talented McKee.

If we balance it right though, we could maybe manage two good games out of McKee, followed by two games out of Forbes.

We'll still be fucked for 50% of our games, but it's an improvement.

Spot on by Forza about Forbes, good signing.

Depends on how you plan on playing him, it will have to be a midfield 5, doesn't have the legs at all to play in a conventional 4 man midfield, you would get ridiculously overran.

However, 5 man midfield, just behind the striker with two wingers either side to stretch the play and you could be onto a winner, has the ability undoubtedly, didn't enjoy playing in our woeful system though.

He does need to lose weight and get match fitness though, not in the greatest of shape.

Much like Barrowman a change of scenery could do him good, more likely is that we've just exchanged two turds though.

Don't know what's wrong with Forbes but if Duffy can figure it out you've got a potential SPL quality player.

He's still capable of a great free kick or pass of the game but for the other 89 mins is a complete passenger.

Will be interesting in a couple of weeks to see both players with something to prove, it's a bit of a weird situation tbh.

Forbes certainly isn't the type of player that would seem to be a priority in midfield. We need a left sided midfield player and a holding midfield player. Forbes is neither. Would be good as a replacement for McKee though.

I liked Forbes at Thistle but I was definitely in the minority. I thought he'd work well on the left for us as at the time he would've had Taylor-Sinclair at left back behind him who was quick enough to get back and therefore wouldn't have needed Forbes to cover defensively but it never happened really.

Don't expect him to put in a shift, track back, put in a tackle (unless it's mistimed and in an important game like us v Morton at Christmas time 2012) or work well in the middle of the park if he's part of a basic 4-4-2. He clearly has the ability on the ball but no pace whatsoever and going by his career so far very little intention of putting in the effort to make up for it. If he has the players around him who are willing to do his running for him then he can be good on occasion and he had that with us with Lawless, Paton, Bannigan and Erskine.

Archived