Glasgow City Centre Crash

1320Lichtie

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's clearly saying nothing due to legal advice as others have said.

His own legal team asked for an adjournment to avoid this farce and it was rejected for whatever reason.

Who's to say he won't tell all if things end up in a courtroom.

So he should just turn up at Barlinnie and ask to be locked up? He hasn't been charged with anything, although IMO he should have been.

Reading the reports, the way some of the questions have been put to him haven't exactly encouraged him to answer tbh.

He's lied through his teeth and in the process killed 6 people and ruined their families life too.

Maybe a bit of decency on show from him and taking his medicine would let the families at least try and move on.

He's lied through his teeth and in the process killed 6 people and ruined their families life too.

Maybe a bit of decency on show from him and taking his medicine would let the families at least try and move on.

He also didn't do it deliberately.

Reading some of the reports has made me wonder why the Sheriff hasn't intervened when Clarke was asked some emotionally-laden questions by the Solicitor General.

A Fatal Accident Enquiry is supposed to be an examination of the facts, not an opportunity for the lead lawyer to blackmail Clarke into answering the questions, knowing full well that he has been advised by his solicitor not to do so on occasions.

Genuinely feel sorry for this guy. Regardless of what the outcome is, his life is hardly going to be worth living.

The media are framing him and depending on your opnion, rightly so. It won't be long before his address etc. is leaked and we know what happens in this country afterwards

He's clearly saying nothing due to legal advice as others have said.

His own legal team asked for an adjournment to avoid this farce and it was rejected for whatever reason.

Who's to say he won't tell all if things end up in a courtroom.

It was rejected because for the fatal accident inquiry his testimony wasn't that important. The purpose of the inquiry is for future prevention, other than confirming his medical details and perhaps his versions of how medical problems have been treated in the past he doesn't have much of anything to say.

Genuinely feel sorry for this guy. Regardless of what the outcome is, his life is hardly going to be worth living.

The media are framing him and depending on your opnion, rightly so. It won't be long before his address etc. is leaked and we know what happens in this country afterwards

I'm sure it was printed ages ago that he lives in Baillieston, way before his name was published?

I'm sure it was printed ages ago that he lives in Baillieston, way before his name was published?

The news tonight wasn't exactly subtle regarding where he's from.

"He misled the DVLA (flashes up DVLA logo), his employer (flashes up Glasgow City Council logo) and his GP (flashes up the sign for Baillieston Health Centre!)

I'll save my sympathy for the six people he killed, if it's all the same with you.

What is wrong with some people? How could you possibly have sympathy for someone who knew he shouldn't have been behind the wheel for exactly this reason.

Surely when the families decided that they wanted to privately prosecute the driver their own lawyers should have told them that this would likely happen.

All they've done is gave the driver a perfectly legitimate reason to avoid answering the questions at the FAI.

All this, "He's only doing what his lawyer told him to do." is bullshit. The lawyer is obliged to tell him how to protect himself. Whether or not he chooses to do the right thing and tell the whole story is totally up to him. I'm beginning to think he's not as thick as I thought after reading some of his testimony, he just cares only about himself and nothing for the families of his victims. My sympathy for him after the last couple of days is approaching zero.

The solicitor is advising this so he doesn't put himself in jeopardy for the private court case but if he would search his soul and put himself in the families shoes and be a man then they might drop all the charges against him. Showing up and not answering questions is obviously rubbing salt in the wounds of the loved ones

Spot on.

And there we have it. The actions of a man who clearly has no sympathy for the families and is a proven liar. If I was told by a doctor that I shouldn't be driving, I would never lie to the DVLA about it, I'd do the decent thing and hand over my license. He should be racked with guilt due to the fact he never ever considered taking the appropriate actions in regards to his health issues and history.

And there we have it. The actions of a man who clearly has no sympathy for the families and is a proven liar. If I was told by a doctor that I shouldn't be driving, I would never lie to the DVLA about it, I'd do the decent thing and hand over my license. He should be racked with guilt due to the fact he never ever considered taking the appropriate actions in regards to his health issues and history.

I know. Imagine lying about an illness!

All this, "He's only doing what his lawyer told him to do." is bullshit. The lawyer is obliged to tell him how to protect himself. Whether or not he chooses to do the right thing and tell the whole story is totally up to him. I'm beginning to think he's not as thick as I thought after reading some of his testimony, he just cares only about himself and nothing for the families of his victims. My sympathy for him after the last couple of days is approaching zero.

He's hardly unique to be fair. If all the folk who went through the justice system did the right thing a lot of angst would be spared. Unfortunately the whole thing is a battle of wits and very few ever cough to something when they don't have to. Taking your layer's advice is pretty commonplace. Not morally right but an everyday occurrence. Don't think I could look myself in the mirror just the same if I were in his shoes.

Archived