Hibs offer Ched Evans a contract

~~~

I listened to an interview with Evans' lawyer on Radio 4 this morning and he said the girl had never accused Evans of rape, only of possibly spiking her drink.

I haven't been following the case so don't understand this as all the media talk is of a "rape case".

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, RawB93 said:

No. Rape should mean having sex with someone who doesn't want to have sex with you - as it does. 

I doubt anyone could disagree with that, but that's the crux of the matter in this case - there is absolutely nothing to suggest she didn't want to have sex with Evans, quite the opposite, and that's exactly why anyone who has a problem with this case does.The accepted version of events is that she consented but due to her not being able to remember, Evans got sent to jail. The precadent set in the original conviction was that you could have sex with a drunk girl but if the alcohol affected her memory then you could be up on a rape charge. How are you supposed to know if someone is going to remember the next day that they gave consent?  

I listened to an interview with Evans' lawyer on Radio 4 this morning and he said the girl had never accused Evans of rape, only of possibly spiking her drink.

I haven't been following the case so don't understand this as all the media talk is of a "rape case".

Because rape is now commonly believed to be any sex without consent.

We've moved on from it just being about the dark-alley-type violent attacks.

3 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I doubt anyone could disagree with that, but that's the crux of the matter in this case - there is absolutely nothing to suggest she didn't want to have sex with Evans, quite the opposite, and that's exactly why anyone who has a problem with this case does.The accepted version of events is that she consented but due to her not being able to remember, Evans got sent to jail. The precadent set in the original conviction was that you could have sex with a drunk girl but if the alcohol affected her memory then you could be up on a rape charge. How are you supposed to know if someone is going to remember the next day that they gave consent?  

If you reasonably believe that someone has given consent then that is a defence.

If someone is struggling to stand-up by themselves then I would suggest that you can't claim that they were in a fit state to consent to anything.

Link to what's going on across the pond.

At the time of his arrest Evans made a statement to police in which he said he was a footballer and as such 'could have any girl'.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-3840067/Ched-Evans-young-stupid-committed-no-crime-never-say-sorry-directly.html

11 hours ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

If you reasonably believe that someone has given consent then that is a defence.

If someone is struggling to stand-up by themselves then I would suggest that you can't claim that they were in a fit state to consent to anything.

Have you seen the cctv video of her leaving the taxi with McDonald and entering the hotel? There was no suggestion at all that at that time she was struggling to stand up or non-coherent.

Yet she consented. 

Noone knows that. In this case even Evans qc only argued that there was reasonable doubt on the premise that she hadn't. She certainly didn't consent to 5 years of thuggish intimidation and abuse by utter scumbags and being driven out of her own home on several occasions.

1 hour ago, dogmc said:

Noone knows that. In this case even Evans qc only argued that there was reasonable doubt on the premise that she hadn't. She certainly didn't consent to 5 years of thuggish intimidation and abuse by utter scumbags and being driven out of her own home on several occasions.

dont think anyone will disagree with the years of intimidation and how shocking it was, even if her reported deleted tweets about getting paid etc are true, the aftermath of the original case is nothing short of horrendous

the anger from both sets should be aimed towards the prosecution service and the jury in the first trial, evans is a c**t, what he did is typical sleazy b*****d behaviour, but lets be honest it happens way more often than you'd think in city centres across the country, however the evidence to suggest rape was flimsy at best, never worthy of a conviction and tbh it has probably wrecked both the lassie and evans life

Justice, of sorts.

A bunch of slappers being slappers, police and feminism-influenced Crown Prosecution Service sticking their nose in and wrecking the lives of two of the said slappers.

The UK Sisterhood often takes lessons from the US Sisterhood, so here's what's going to happen next. There will be various outrage from sociopathic feminist advocacy groups, various feminist bigots in government, shouting about how it's proof of 'rape culture' and the constant 'oppression' under which British women live at the hand of men/patriarchal forces, and how impossible it is for women to get justice. The usual fake statistics and deluded narratives will be reeled out and droves of the general public will gobble it up, including the usual cringeworthy man-haters on P&B.

"Something must be done!" calls will follow, and said people in previous paragraph will pressure various clueless manginas in government and the justice system, who will inevitably bend in order to show that they're not 'sexist' and 'support women' will implement some new ideological-Feminism-driven policy, guidelines or 'strategy' that is merely another broad demonisation of men and infantilisation of women. Yet further indoctrination of school-children may be included to ensure boys are aware of their original sin and self-flagellate accordingly.

20 hours ago, dogmc said:

I don't think anyone is saying she did consent to that tbh m8.

1 hour ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

You use the phrase 'feminism' a lot here. What you are describing is an extreme/radical branch of feminism that 99.9% of feminists absolutely detest because it promotes misandry (a hatred of males). Most feminists you speak to will say that this sort of attitude is harmful to both males and females - which it is. Harmful to males for obvious reasons and harmful to females because invariably that feeds the spurious bile of the masculinist (or misogynist).

I do use the word a lot, as it is relevant.

What I'm describing is Feminism in action, current and previous behavior, not a meaningless dictionary definition. The actual behavior and ideological basis of Feministm/feminist advocacy in positions of influence or power.

1 hour ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

You'd be surprised at how often feminists get involved in male rights activism in a positive way.

I'm well aware activism sometimes happens positively at low levels by coffee-shop feminists who are woefully unaware of the entirety of what feminism is beyond the 'equal rights!' facade, and by people who identify as feminists whose work is in an area that helps men. At any significant level though, no, rarely happens, and a minuscule drop in the ocean compared to women's rights activism by feminists.

Can you supply some examples of what you're talking about (relevant here would be feminist activism for men in situations of shady/false accusations, either by an individual or the state)?

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
21 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Ched going back to Sheffield United, after the club agree a fee with Chesterfield.

Hope he racks up the cash.

Archived