Hibernian v Falkirk

Oxley definitely had a big part to play in both goals second half. He started to come out for both then shat the bed, retreated and we conceded twice. Our whole defence was rotten as well to be fair. No clue what Booth is trying for the first goal, ran away both from the ball and the Falkirk player :lol:

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McDonald had a nightmare last week against Alloa as well,however we have no other options as Bowman is a dick.

:blink: So we have Bowman so we do have another option then.

He's not had any chance to make an impression for the first team but from the few times I've seen him (pre-season and under 20s) I've been quite impressed with him and think he deserves a chance. Especially after how awful MacDonald was on Saturday.

:blink: So we have Bowman so we do have another option then.

He's not had any chance to make an impression for the first team but from the few times I've seen him (pre-season and under 20s) I've been quite impressed with him and think he deserves a chance. Especially after how awful MacDonald was on Saturday.

Is is not a secret that I do not like Bowman as a person as I think he is a knob and an ignorant person,as a keeper I have only seen him in action last week and he had nothing to do.

Lineslass should've raised flag if in any doubt to discuss matter with ref, this wouldn't have caused the ridicule that went on after. I've seen similar scenario so many times and once they discussed info, the ref can make the correct decision.

Why would she have raised her flag when, from her point of view, there was not an offside decision to give? As far as she was concerned, the ball had gone straight through from the free-kick and the Falkirk player was onside. It was only when the referee consulted with her that she would have realised that wasn't the case.

I suspect fans would have even more complaints if basically every time a goal was scored from a set piece or a cross, the assistant put their flag up to discuss things with the ref just in case there might have been a flick on they didn't see. The officials are in constant communication via their headsets and can let each other know if they have any doubts. Presumably that's happened in this case, which has therefore prompted Collum to go over and have a conversation with her, after which they've come to the correct decision.

I heard a guy slate Bowman at the Alloa game for his antics off the field.

Seems Keithgy is on the money

It would be interesting to hear what these antics are? The drink driving incident (years ago) was a big mistake and he's had his punishment. Over the last year or 2 he has progressed as a goalkeeper quite rapidly

Why would she have raised her flag when, from her point of view, there was not an offside decision to give? As far as she was concerned, the ball had gone straight through from the free-kick and the Falkirk player was onside. It was only when the referee consulted with her that she would have realised that wasn't the case.

I suspect fans would have even more complaints if basically every time a goal was scored from a set piece or a cross, the assistant put their flag up to discuss things with the ref just in case there might have been a flick on they didn't see. The officials are in constant communication via their headsets and can let each other know if they have any doubts. Presumably that's happened in this case, which has therefore prompted Collum to go over and have a conversation with her, after which they've come to the correct decision.

As I've stated, I've never seen an incident like this for about 20yr but you have answered the main gripe with the fact they are all miked up and in contact.

Its the linesman's job to flag incidents of either doubt or they have seen the incident. The facts are, we have seen a goal in which a celebration took place by our players, Hibs goalie and at least one defender well vocally shouting towards lineswoman still no flag. The ball is now on the centre circle ready to be taken,Falkirk 2 is on the scoreboard then the flag goes up.

The time it took, I could only imagine the Hibs goalie was getting booked as he was irate. A pure lack of communication and dumbfuckery I haven't a clue refereeing took place if he had to ask if a player if he had scored, which all could've been avoided if the lines woman had raised her flag at the goal, discussed with the ref and hey presto they don't look stupid.

I've no complaints on the goal at all, the right decision was made, on another day it may have not but it would've been one of the common errors made in football each week by officials everywhere and not one I see once every 20yr

If she didn't see a flick, how can she say with confidence that Baird was offside when the ball was flicked? If she doesn't know when that happened she can't make that call.

If she didn't see a flick, how can she say with confidence that Baird was offside when the ball was flicked? If she doesn't know when that happened she can't make that call.

Don't you start.

The goal was correctly disallowed by the officials. If you accept that, then arguing about the process is demented.

In some cases you might be right, but Baird was in an offside position almost immediately after the free-kick was taken, so any flick at any point would have meant he was off.

In some cases you might be right, but Baird was in an offside position almost immediately after the free-kick was taken, so any flick at any point would have meant he was off.

Aye that's a point, if he was offside for the full conceivable time there could've been a flick they'd have been able to get to that decision.

Which begs the question, why did it take the lines woman so long to raise her flag...hmmmm

Archived