Who's Going Down?

594 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks like Sevco will beat the Jambos today (they are currently 2-0 up at HT, however, they are down to 10 men). If this goes Sevco’s way it will almost certainly be them in the play off.

Assuming Hibs get back on track it is likely that Hibs and Rangers will contest a play off regardless of who finishes 2nd and 3rd, the outcome of this game doesn't determine much at all.

Looking at the next couple of fixtures I expect Thistle to lose at Celtic and Ross County (due to form) to pick up 6 points from St Mirren and and St Johnston. Similarly I would expect Motherwell to beat St Mirren (on current form). The most important match for me would then be Motherwell vs Partick next weekend. If Partick can win that with 5 only 5 games left and a 7 point cushion then Motherwell are odds on for the play off. But if Motherwell can beat Partick then its anyone's game as you have 3 teams within 3 points of each other.

If all three teams are within a couple of points of each other then id say partick are most likely to drop into the play off as the other two will be carrying a bit more form and confidence.

St Johnstone could be Ross County's most difficult fixture of the run-in, I'm not expecting three points.

When County beat Killie 3-0 in November, Michael Gardyne was excellent, but he was then marked out of the game by Dave Mackay when they lost to St Johnstone in the next match. Gardyne is in excellent form, and would start on the right this time, but if St Johnstone score first then they are quite capable of shutting down the flanks, where County are their most prolific.

Then again, County are a much different proposition than five months ago, with goals spread throughout the front six. They used to rely too much on Graham Carey for creativity but goals are coming from all angles now.

I wouldn't be worried of Motherwell at Fir Park in the slightest and hope that it would be the first fixture post-split, to set the tone for the run-in.

There should be a rule that if the second bottom team reaches 40 points and the 2nd place team from the championship doesn't finish within 10 points of the league winner then it should automatically cancels the need for a play off. We have to keep standards in the top division here, no point in allowing some riff raff from the Championship up into our league if they're only going to get pumped almost every game next season and finish with less than 20 points.

St Johnstone could be Ross County's most difficult fixture of the run-in, I'm not expecting three points.

When County beat Killie 3-0 in November, Michael Gardyne was excellent, but he was then marked out of the game by Dave Mackay when they lost to St Johnstone in the next match. Gardyne is in excellent form, and would start on the right this time, but if St Johnstone score first then they are quite capable of shutting down the flanks, where County are their most prolific.

Then again, County are a much different proposition than five months ago, with goals spread throughout the front six. They used to rely too much on Graham Carey for creativity but goals are coming from all angles now.

I wouldn't be worried of Motherwell at Fir Park in the slightest and hope that it would be the first fixture post-split, to set the tone for the run-in.

If he plays on the right, he's gonna come up against the man mountain that is Brian Easton. Who as I've alluded to previously has only ever been bested by 1 player this season and it was Phil Roberts amusingly. I wouldn't be expecting much change out of him, especially when I think we'll let O'Halloran now float and probably have a dedicated winger to defend as well. Same on the right hand side, I suspect Mackay will be limited going forward, but when he's asked to simply defend he's excellent for the majority. If he's told to support then we may be slightly vulnerable.

Don't know about that St J are pretty mcuh safe in the top 6, and probably just a bit too far off Inverness to catch the Euro spot. Ross Counties momentum at the moment and that extra need to win gives them the edge in that one IMO.

Is it just me or does the introduction of the play off spot not make the end of season split pretty good. Seems to be making a habit of lining up a pile of 6 pointers at the end of the season.

If he plays on the right, he's gonna come up against the man mountain that is Brian Easton. Who as I've alluded to previously has only ever been bested by 1 player this season and it was Phil Roberts amusingly. I wouldn't be expecting much change out of him, especially when I think we'll let O'Halloran now float and probably have a dedicated winger to defend as well. Same on the right hand side, I suspect Mackay will be limited going forward, but when he's asked to simply defend he's excellent for the majority. If he's told to support then we may be slightly vulnerable.

This is a good excuse to start a match thread, I've got to write something up but we should continue the discussion there.

If Well and County win their next 2 (which given recent form is highly possible), I suspect that it is going to be Killie that ends up in 11th. Looking at the 4 teams involved, I would expect them to be good enough to beat Rangers / Hibs / Falkirk over 2 legs. Killie are pretty much in the same position as Hibs were last season.

If only County and us had started the season this way...

Wouldnt be astounded to see us put in a half arsed shift in Dingwall tbh. First goal wins it i reckon.

Assuming Hibs get back on track it is likely that Hibs and Rangers will contest a play off regardless of who finishes 2nd and 3rd, the outcome of this game doesn't determine much at all.

The outcome is not in doubt as Hibs will bottle it.

I wouldn't be worried of Motherwell at Fir Park in the slightest

We are a different team since we last met, and with the the home crowd behind us I will be expecting us to take all three points.

Looking at the 4 teams involved, I would expect them to be good enough to beat Rangers

I can’t speak for the other three sides, however, Motherwell WILL NOT, I repeat WILL NOT beat Sevco over two/three/four or any number of legs. That is why it is imperative that we finish in tenth place.

It's not entirely inconceivable that the bottom 6 may look like this by the split:

Dundee 41

Kilmarnock 38

County 37

Partick 35

Motherwell 34

St Mirren 21

St Mirren need another 9 points to reach the total we got in 2012/13. Only 4 points to go to match Dunfermline's total from the season before though.

St Mirren need another 9 points to reach the total we got in 2012/13. Only 4 points to go to match Dunfermline's total from the season before though.

We'll probably get the 4 more somewhere along the line. I doubt we'll get 9.

The plus side for us is that its no good matching our points total given our positive goal average but we have to be overtaken.

You can relax and prepare for your summer holidays as you are safe. The real battle is between us and Ross County to see who wins the prize to be relegated by Sevco.

Archived