Who's Going Down?

594 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Unfortunately for us I still believe that it will be Motherwell in the playoffs because as excellent our recent form has been it has just come too little, too late as Ross County's form is even better and I don't see where they are going to drop any points. We on the other hand are going to have to win every single remaining match which is a tall order and unrealistic to be honest.

It really depends on how Thistle's next few games go. If they lose to Celtic tonight and we beat them at the weekend then we're 1 point behind them going into the split. In that case we're looking to, at worst, match their results and beat them when we play them again. I agree that I don't see County dropping points. Thistle on the other hand, despite being in decent form, definitely have it in them to flake out in a couple of games.

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is still a few twists and turns in this battle to avoid the play offs. Partick have been sucked back into it and if they lose their next two games they may start to panic. How confident are Thistle fans that they could cope with the pressure of a two leg Sevco derby decider?

Getting relegated = bad

Getting relegated in a playoff = horrible (been there , done that)

Getting relegated off Rangers, with the second leg full of those c***s in our ground, probably all over the home end = stop watching football forever levels of bad.

edit: not sure how we'd actually get on against them, or even Hibs / Falkirk / QoS who would be coming into it on a high having won their previous playoff game(s).

Getting relegated = bad

Getting relegated off Rangers, with the second leg full of those c***s in our ground, probably all over the home end = stop watching football forever levels of bad.

This. Even the thought of playing that mob in the playoff makes me feel ill.

This. Even the thought of playing that mob in the playoff makes me feel ill.

A prospect that would make every self respecting ‘diddy team’s’ fans ill. However, unfortunately either Us, Ross County or Partick will have the honour of preventing Sevco from securing a place in the premiership. I believe that Killie have just about done enough to avoid being sucked into this unenviable scenario. My fingers, arms and legs are crossed that it will not be us that has to listen to the ‘Billy Boys’ being belted out on a constant loop by Govan’s great unwashed.

I'm quite astounded that us and county have managed to claw our way somewhat (in our case) back into the mix. The game against thistle is absolutely huge. This could be an amazing run in thanks to the playoff spot. Imagine it was just the 1 relegation spot, everyone in the bottom 6 season would be over by now. The form from us and county will have the teams above us a little worried, which could make their games somewhat harder. We'e now scored 11 goals in our last 3 games and only concedeed one, which was an OG gifted by another goalie howler.

I'm actually up for the playoffs (tho I would prefer to avoid them), even vs rangers I think we have a chance, this is a different team with a different attitude. It would be utterly devastating to lose, but it would be an absolute joy to win, they're the games that football is all about.

The way I see it is, losing to Rangers is thoroughly expected, so it wouldn't hurt as much as it could .Beating the subhuman c***s to keep them down on the other hand would probably be one of the most enjoyable football moments outwith winning a trophy.

Getting relegated = bad

edit: not sure how we'd actually get on against them, or even Hibs / Falkirk / QoS who would be coming into it on a high having won their previous playoff game(s).

I worry that if its rangers the SFA are so desperate to get them into the top league that whether its us or anyone else in the play off against them prepare to see some of the most controversial refereeing decisions ever just to ensure rangers are promoted one way of the other.

I'm quite astounded that us and county have managed to claw our way somewhat (in our case) back into the mix. The game against thistle is absolutely huge. This could be an amazing run in thanks to the playoff spot. Imagine it was just the 1 relegation spot, everyone in the bottom 6 season would be over by now. The form from us and county will have the teams above us a little worried, which could make their games somewhat harder. We'e now scored 11 goals in our last 3 games and only concedeed one, which was an OG gifted by another goalie howler.

I'm actually up for the playoffs (tho I would prefer to avoid them), even vs rangers I think we have a chance, this is a different team with a different attitude. It would be utterly devastating to lose, but it would be an absolute joy to win, they're the games that football is all about.

For the playoffs do the home teams get the gate money ie Motherwell v Rangers, Partick Thistle v Rangers, Ross COunty v Hibs or whoever it is. Just someone said to me this morning that they ahd heard for the play offs the SPFL themselves kept the gate money, which I was more than surprised to hear.

Half the gate money in Premiership playoffs is retained by SPFL.

Presume the other half in each game goes to home club.

Thanks for clarifying that mate

Dont suppose you know if that means they get a share of hospitality sales or that kind of thing? Just thinking if we ended up in playoffs given its importance would expect high gates and high hospitality uptakes for rangers and Hibs especially and also pretty high against Falkirk and Queen of the South

There is still a few twists and turns in this battle to avoid the play offs. Partick have been sucked back into it and if they lose their next two games they may start to panic. How confident are Thistle fans that they could cope with the pressure of a two leg Sevco derby decider?

Not confident at all. I don't agree that we'd rather finish 12th as we want to stay up. We have a good squad but this season has been strange. We have never really got going. If there was ever a time to put a run together now would be that time. I think we'll get beat in a play off especially against Rankers.

Heartening that it will cost Sevco an estimated £1.2M if they win promotion to the top flight. It begs the question, can they afford to come up?

Cant get into the article unfortunately mate - whats the gist about how they will lose £1.2 million?

Archived