Who's Going Down?

594 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regression towards the mean usually trumps recent form. I think some people are getting a bit carried away with Ross County at the moment.

You can progress towards the mean too, you crazy guy!

Fwiw, I still think we're going to finish 11th. We're now at the point where it is no longer in our hands, as we're relying on others to slip up, and for us to have perfect form for the remaining seven games.

That said, racking up a cricket score against Saints tonight, and continuing our return to form until the play off makes me significantly more confident about at least competing in it.

Just curious are you confident that Ross County would beat Sevco in a two leg play off?

Why not? I don't understand the "fear factor" surrounding Rangers, even if they've had a revival of sorts. Sure they've won their last three games but:

• Thrashing Cowdenbeath at Ibrox? So what?
  • The Hibs result was impressive but taken in context, Hibs have lost against Raith Rovers and QotS since that Rangers game.
  • The Hearts result was excellent although some people might suggest that Hearts don't have much to play for now.

McCall is a very good manager but I don't think the current group of players at Ibrox is better than the current group of players at County. I said as much several months ago when both teams were in rubbish form.

Why not? I don't understand the "fear factor" surrounding Rangers, even if they've had a revival of sorts.

Good to hear. Like you I don’t understand the fear factor, however, I wish the Motherwell players had the same outlook. I think for the good of the game Ross County should aim for 11th place and become the premier leagues self appointed Sevco destroyers. You are the chosen ones! :thumsup2

Good to hear. Like you I don’t understand the fear factor, however, I wish the Motherwell players had the same outlook. I think for the good of the game Ross County should aim for 11th place and become the premier leagues self appointed Sevco destroyers. You are the chosen ones! :thumsup2

Also you cannot discount what I call the Seb Faure factor - namely, Rangers have some atrocious players who would not get anywhere near the County team.

Interesting analysis in this STV piece - but the final line won't be a nice one for Buddies to read (so I'll reproduce it in full ;) )

In Scottish football, stranger things have happened, but not many. Anything but a win and St Mirren are relegated. Even now, were they to avoid finishing bottom, it would be the greatest escape from relegation we’ve had in the Scottish top flight in 50 years.

Just curious are you confident that Ross County would beat Sevco in a two leg play off?

Not would, but certainly could, and wouldn't be any more afraid of playing them than the other playoff options. The main thinking being more "imagine being the team that keeps them out", than "I want us to have the chance to be that team." Yoda outlined it pretty well.

And anyway, I already said you guys can have the pleasure.

Hearts up and St Mirren down are all we really need, in my opinion. Unless Killie want to "do a" Hibs, and then "be replaced by" Hibs via the playoff.

Why not? I don't understand the "fear factor" surrounding Rangers, even if they've had a revival of sorts. Sure they've won their last three games but:

• Thrashing Cowdenbeath at Ibrox? So what?
  • The Hibs result was impressive but taken in context, Hibs have lost against Raith Rovers and QotS since that Rangers game.
  • The Hearts result was excellent although some people might suggest that Hearts don't have much to play for now.

McCall is a very good manager but I don't think the current group of players at Ibrox is better than the current group of players at County. I said as much several months ago when both teams were in rubbish form.

Totally agree.

Rangers win three games and all of a sudden they are some kind of wonder team? Don't think so. Cowdenbeath have a terrible record this season and Rangers only beat them with goals in the last 7 minutes. Hibs bottle has crashed and Hearts were on holiday.

All the pressure is on Rangers in these matches and if you add in Stuart McCall's terrible record in 'knock out' matches and the fact that Rangers have been eliminated from cup competitions by Raith Rovers and Alloa Athletic no one in the Premiership should be scared of them.

If Sevco reach the play off final, the whole of Scottish football, bar Sevconians, will be supporting their opponents whoever it is out of St Mirren, County, Motherwell or ourselves

One would like to think that kind of cosmic energy would transform itself into at least a Lee McCulloch hat trick of own goals.

Shits getting real tight and can't say I'm not worried. We're playing ok but County and Well on their unstoppable streaks puts us in seriously deep shit.

Kilmarnock could get sucked into this.

I'm not *too* worried yet. If we get something on Saturday we should have enough to get over the line. The goal difference is a massive factor.

I very much hope that is the case this time tomorrow evening.

Archived