Who's Going Down?

594 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Simplest way of looking at it is that a better GD than a given side is worth an extra half point over that side.

Which is exactly where I started off. Thank you and goodnight.

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm willing to do a Steven Pressley here and say that Killie will not go down. We're not very good, but we're nowhere near terrible enough that we won't pick up 4 or 5 points after the split.

Hopefully, because you'd probably struggle to come back up if you did go down.

If Hamilton end up in the bottom six and their fortunes don't change sharpish, could they yet be dragged into the playoff? Very unlikely that 43 points would see you 11th TBF, but has been such a huge decline since their amazing start. The play-off spot is too close to call really, looks like St Mirren are doomed now though.

Nonsense, he was trying to argue it was worth at least / potentially more than a point. It's not.

My maths is sound, and when you cut to the chase, mathematically that's exactly how goal difference works.

A cumulative quantity for points & goal difference is summed up as Cq = P + (GD/K), K>=1.

Which in short, means a +ive goal difference is always worth the equivalent of more than 0, but less than 1. And a -ive goal difference is worth the equivalent of less than 0 but more than -1. Of course we don't write it that way, because it doesn't offer enough insight into individual club performances, but that doesn't make it incorrect.

Correct. Good night to you sir.

Nonsense, he was trying to argue it was worth at least / potentially more than a point. It's not.

My maths is sound, and when you cut to the chase, mathematically that's exactly how goal difference works.

A cumulative quantity for points & goal difference is summed up as Cq = P + (GD/K), K>√(GD^2).

Which in short, means a +ive goal difference is always worth the equivalent of more than 0, but less than 1. And a -ive goal difference is worth the equivalent of less than 0 but more than -1. Of course we don't write it that way, because it doesn't offer enough insight into individual club performances, but that doesn't make it incorrect.

I'm not afraid to admit I started glazing over quite early on in that post.

Nor am I afraid to admit that I entered into an argument I wasn't confident of winning, because my hackles were raised with you asking the other guy if there was something wrong with him.

I hate the fact that the bottom 6 games will get moved for tv etc so I can't put holidays in at work. I want to get to all of them if possible.

Is next weekend a free weekend because of the Scottish cup? I hope so since I'm going to the races at Ayr

I hate the fact that the bottom 6 games will get moved for tv etc so I can't put holidays in at work. I want to get to all of them if possible.

Is next weekend a free weekend because of the Scottish cup? I hope so since I'm going to the races at Ayr

Yes, fixtures are the weekends of....

Fixture round 34 - April 25, 2015

Fixture round 35 - May 2, 2015

Fixture round 36 - May 9, 2015

Fixture round 37 - May 16, 2015

Fixture round 38 - May 23/24, 2015

You can at least guarantee that the last set of fixtures will be on 23rd May and with all of them needing to kick off at the same time and one on TV it'll probably be an early kick off for all of us.

Yes, fixtures are the weekends of....

You can at least guarantee that the last set of fixtures will be on 23rd May and with all of them needing to kick off at the same time and one on TV it'll probably be an early kick off for all of us.

Cheers bud I work every Saturday till 1 so providing we get county at home all the fixtures are very accessible for us. Will get a holiday in for the 23rd

Accies can finish 11th and I think they probably will. Then lose the play off. However Les Gray will still tell us it has been a good season. The man is a clown.

I realise this is partially facetious post, but looking at the table, a win for us on Saturday, and a loss for Accies puts us 9 points behind, with 15 to play for. Could the free-fall get that bad?

I realise this is partially facetious post, but looking at the table, a win for us on Saturday, and a loss for Accies puts us 9 points behind, with 15 to play for. Could the free-fall get that bad?

Yep, I said same thing a few pages back, albeit we're already 9 points behind, with 18 to play for.

Seems ridiculous that we might be able to pull level or ahead of them, but its not beyond the realms of possibility.

Yep, I said same thing a few pages back, albeit we're already 9 points behind, with 18 to play for.

Seems ridiculous that we might be able to pull level or ahead of them, but its not beyond the realms of possibility.

Given that they've gained 4 points from the last 8 games while we got 22, it's entirely feasible.

Archived