Who's Going Down?

594 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's correct. Motherwell had recently gone into administration after years of living recklessly. They were effectively allowed to start from scratch, leaving hundreds of creditors including small local businesses out of pocket yet they could still afford to sign players like Craigen and Burns.

Also, don't forget it was Hibs and Hearts who insisted on a second vote back in 2004 after we won the first one fair and square and we all know what happened to them last season.

Karma has been good to us over the past couple of seasons :)

Add to that Motherwell escaping relegation the previous season on a SPL vote on Stadium Criteria then voting to relegate Thistle after we had spent our budget on complying with the SPL Stadium requirements.

Karma indeed.

Motherwell's away support is relatively shite when compared to what the other teams from nearby like St Mirren and Killie bring to Firhill.

Out of curiosity, how many fans did St.Mirren and Killie bring to Firhill on their last visit? I would be surprised if it was more than the 1700 that we brought the other week. The attendance for that game was 5,003. The official attendance for your last home game against Saints was 3,864 (30-01-15) and only 3,054 against Killie (06-12-14). You had 2,951 at your last home game against Ross County (21-02-15). For what it’s worth, I was very impressed with the 1300 fans that Thistle brought through on their last away match at Fir Park and in the absence of Hearts, Hibs and Sevco you have been a welcome addition financially to the SPL.

Was Burns not shite for Motherwell?

The loss of the 2 of them wouldn't have been felt so bad if Collins hadn't replaced them with utter piss takes like Andy Thomson and Eddie Forrest.

Out of curiosity, how many fans did St.Mirren and Killie bring to Firhill on their last visit? I would be surprised if it was more than the 1700 that we brought the other week. The attendance for that game was 5,003. The official attendance for your last home game against Saints was 3,864 (30-01-15) and only 3,054 against Killie (06-12-14). You had 2,951 at your last home game against Ross County (21-02-15). For what it’s worth, I was very impressed with the 1300 fans that Thistle brought through on their last away match at Fir Park and in the absence of Hearts, Hibs and Sevco you have been a welcome addition financially to the SPL.

I couldn't tell you how many they brought on their last visit. It would be irrelevant since it's comparing what was essentially your cup final of the season with a run of the mill game in December v Kilmarnock and a freezing Friday night in January v St Mirren.

Kilmarnock and St Mirren have both brought bigger crowds to Firhill than the 1646 Motherwell brought the other week. I'm sorry if that upsets you as much as it seems it does.

I remember the last day of the 93/94 season, when a draw would have guaranteed to keep both us and Hearts up but the team who lost could potentially have gone down.

Cue 89 minutes of lifeless kickabout in the sun until Hearts scored at the death. c***s.

We stayed up on goal difference from St Johnstone.

Was there... we stayed up by 2 goals. St Johnstone only won 2 0. A hertz jags draw wud have made both safe... but john couholn(spelt wrong) scored with few mins left...

Unlike some I really do hate Motherwell but from a purely club and personal aspect I`d much rather Ross County joined St Mirren in the play off.

Now that Adams has gone there`s really no reason to have strong feelings either way for County but as a post earlier mentioned their away support does nothing for Thistle`s finances.

Consistently taken a large away support you say? The support you brought through for the 3-1 game was abysmal and lets face it, the only reason you brought as many to FIrhill the other week was because it was your cup final. Motherwell's travelling support for run of the mill games is actually very poor. In fact, I think the only ground that Motherwell will take more fans than Thistle to for a normal league game is Hamilton.

I certainly don't hate Motherwell and can't imagine many other Thistle fans do either, but it certainly will raise a wry smile sending you off to the play-offs after your club's astonishing hypocrisy surrounding the vote in 2004.

A Thistle fan lecturing us on good crowds - I have heard it all now...............

I like Thistle as an addition to the top flight and prefer it as an away game v any team north of Perth

But you are a bitter lot. Enjoy the 34 fans County will bring next season.

Dee Man still crying about that 10-2 game? How can someone be so bitter about that when their side have finished in the top six of the top tier?

Team: Morton

Opinion: Not valid

I never get this argument of wanting the smaller teams to go down if you're a smaller team too. The travelling support argument is extremely short-term thinking. Last year was great with Hibs & Hearts going down because it left us with plenty of other smaller teams to aim at to finish above. The two teams who finished lowest after them were Killie & Partick.

If Hearts & Hibs stayed up, I wouldn't expect they would have been fighting that far down the league. Killie & Partick however have been in amongst the relegation scrap with us at the tail end of the season. Longer term survival in the top flight is far more important financially than a couple of hundred gate receipts for only one more season.

A Thistle fan lecturing us on good crowds - I have heard it all now...............

I like Thistle as an addition to the top flight and prefer it as an away game v any team north of Perth

But you are a bitter lot. Enjoy the 34 fans County will bring next season.

Not lecturing, no. Only delivering putdowns to those Well fans who seem to have a billy big baws attitude with regards to their support, for reasons that nobody can quite understand.

Our home support is pretty shite. Proportionally our away support is good. Motherwell are a club roughly the in the same situation, but here are people talking as if it's some doomsday scenario that we might not be getting your 1,000-odd traveling support next year. Fact of the matter is, since we've come up, Celtic, Aberdeen, Hearts, Dundee United and St Mirren have brought more fans on average to Firhill. Motherwell bring a decent number which was particularly strong in a very important game two weeks ago, but it would hardly be the end of the world without you lot, considering Hibs or Rangers would most likely be the replacement.

I've got no problems with Motherwell, despite the horrible hypocrisy of your club a decade or so ago. Don't really mind if it's you lot or County in the playoffs. Motherwell bring more fans, but we have a pretty good record against County (especially up there) so there's positives and negatives for both. Either way, if either of you come up against the blue bigots in the playoffs you have our full support.

I never get this argument of wanting the smaller teams to go down if you're a smaller team too.

Agree with that. I was pretty glad that Hamilton didn't get drawn into the playoff picture this year (as hard as they seemed to be trying to for a while) because it's a benefit to us that they remain in the division for next season.

Assuming they keep Canning, they'll instantly start as favourites for the drop; something that couldn't be said for the Hibs or Rangers sides that could potentially replace them.

Agree with that. I was pretty glad that Hamilton didn't get drawn into the playoff picture this year (as hard as they seemed to be trying to for a while) because it's a benefit to us that they remain in the division for next season.

Assuming they keep Canning, they'll instantly start as favourites for the drop; something that couldn't be said for the Hibs or Rangers sides that could potentially replace them.

Haven't you heard were getting Norwich City's top youth players. Top 3 certainties next season fo sho!

Haven't you read Underboyle's other posts? #notjustcrowdwank

I am happy that you allow my words to get to you. My work here is done. :lol:

Ps. All the best for Saturday, I hope you have a pleasant journey down to Fir Park and a not so pleasant one back up. Hopefully, a Well victory on Saturday will restart our efforts to finish the season in tenth place and consequently send you spiralling into 7 straight defeats (if it’s Sevco in the play-off’s, I will accept 5 straight defeats and 2 wins). 8)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived