Who's Going Down?

594 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It may be true to say that the St. Mirren representation of posters on here has diminished over the last couple of years. No more Black & White mafia?.

nah, football forums are so yesteryear.

Ice hockey is the big thing down Paisley way now. Mon the Pirates.

I think if they go down they will struggle to come back up :(

I think we'll struggle next season, Teale has talked about looking to Hearts as an example of how to do it, but they they went down fighting which we didn't, they also have more resources than us (I'd imagine). The Falkirks, QOS's, Hibs' or whoever is there will have no fears about going to Paisley whereas Tynecastle is a different prospect.

• 2 weeks later...

I think we'll struggle next season, Teale has talked about looking to Hearts as an example of how to do it, but they they went down fighting which we didn't, they also have more resources than us (I'd imagine). The Falkirks, QOS's, Hibs' or whoever is there will have no fears about going to Paisley whereas Tynecastle is a different prospect.

Any sensible person would fear going to Paisley.

No sensible person would fear playing St Mirren.

The dream would've been a Motherwell v Falkirk final, with Well getting a dodgy last minute penalty to win it and Gav FFC imploding.

Sadly thats no longer an option.

In terms of "want", I think it's irrelevant who the Premiership club is (as long as it's not somehow us). If QoS are the championship team, I'd want them up ahead of anyone in the Premier league, if it's Sevco then definitely no thanks to them coming up, and if it's Hibs I'd probably rather they stayed down as well.

If we are within 2 points of 10th place going into the last game it is more than likely that the Kille and County players will endeavour to orchestrate a draw to secure their mutual survival on goal difference (assuming we can beat Thistle at Fir Park). To have any hope of avoiding the play-off spot we need to make sure that the Kilmarnock v County match does not become meaningless and they are still looking to our result to avoid 11th place. I will be shocked and delighted if we are even going into the last game with still something to play for, however, at the moment that seems highly unlikely.

If we are within 2 points of 10th place going into the last game it is more than likely that the Kille and County players will endeavour to orchestrate a draw to secure their mutual survival on goal difference (assuming we can beat Thistle at Fir Park).

Sellick levels of paranoia there.

If we are within 2 points of 10th place going into the last game it is more than likely that the Kille and County players will endeavour to orchestrate a draw to secure their mutual survival on goal difference (assuming we can beat Thistle at Fir Park).

Hopefully.

jj.png

Sellick levels of paranoia there.

If a 0-0 draw suits both sides I can guarantee that both County and Killie will play the match as if it was a pre season friendly. If that’s paranoia, then so be it, however, any team or manager would happily employ this tactic to kill the tie. Why wouldn't they? It has happened in several high profile games throughout the history of football, including the World Cup.

Championship has always been a hard division, but there will be a minimum of 3 big guns again in that division with targets on their back. Take your pick, Rangers, Hibs, Motherwell, Ross County and St. Mirren, 3 of them are in there. Might be 4 if QoS "quietly" blow the playoffs out the water and QoS are going to be strong. No mean feat coming up next year, whoever is in there.

If a 0-0 draw suits both sides I can guarantee that both County and Killie will play the match as if it was a pre season friendly. If thats paranoia, then so be it, however, any team or manager would happily employ this tactic to kill the tie. Why wouldn't they? It has happened in several high profile games throughout the history of football, including the World Cup.

Suggestions of match-fixing, corruption and collusion do not go down well on here. Remember Accies needed to score 10 (ten, yes fucking ten) goals against Morton and did so? Nothing suspicious there at all. Nothing to see.

I remember the last day of the 93/94 season, when a draw would have guaranteed to keep both us and Hearts up but the team who lost could potentially have gone down.

Cue 89 minutes of lifeless kickabout in the sun until Hearts scored at the death. c***s.

We stayed up on goal difference from St Johnstone.

Archived