Better Call Saul

The Real Saints

I'm now up to date and I'm getting increasingly bored. I'm all for subtleties and character development but it's moving at a snail's pace. Nothing like what gripped me to BB.

I feel like those who are overly enthusiastic are like Sky Sports pundits talking up the great tactical battle being played out in what is actually a poor 0-0

I wouldn't mind the pace so much if it was 13/16/18 episodes, but there are only 10 episodes and number 7 is tonight.

For me, There's basically been one episodes worth of character development spread out over 6 episodes so far. They've got away with it due to the fans previous love of the characters meaning it's always an enjoyable enough watch just seeing them on screen, but it needs to pick up soon.

It's all starting to get a bit too pretentious and up its own arse. Having fancy camera shots and slow burning well shot scenes are enjoyable when there's actual proper storylines and development going on, but when there's not then it's all just fluff.

Breaking bad started slowly, with season 1 being particularly hard for me to get through so I'm still holding out hope.

I can see this season being hated by some people if it doesn't pick up, and I can see it being loved by some people in the moment but when they look back in a few years time they'll realise that it doesn't hold the test of time.

Don't get me wrong I'm still really enjoying it but is it going anywhere?

I've felt that way with Mike for while. After you found out his back story you were left with just the character you see in BB really but at least he adds some excitement to proceedings. They could make his storyline faster moving but then that maybe just further emphasises how slowly things are going with Jimmy, which is how I'm now feeling as well. Seven episodes in and we seem to be back to where we were at the end of the first season.

As others have said, I think the writers are relying on the loyalty and attention of Breaking Bad fans a little too heavily in this season. We have three episodes left and the storyline hasn't moved forward at any great pace at all. The colourful shirts segment in yesterday's episode was a microcosm of the series until this point; dragged out far too long and a tad self-indulgent.

I'm glad that they finally put their pen through the whole Davis & Main malarkey which contributed little to the story other than that Jimmy struggles to comply with conventional law policies...which we patently knew from the first series and what we already know from Breaking Bad. They probably should have killed that stone dead when Jimmy's advert was bagged and saved themselves a couple of episodes.

Not sure about anyone else but I find Kim an incredibly dull character. Her promotion above Mike as one of the central characters in this series has been one of its fundamental failures, in my opinion. Mike's scenes are the most captivating and engage with the environment that made Breaking Bad such addictive viewing.

With Breaking Bad's second season, they had the excuse of the writers strike for treading water for most of the series; no excuse this time other than they are trying to mimic the process which I suppose ultimately benefited the series as a whole. I think there was always going to be a slight viewer impatience with the series in general but the writers are only exacerbating this with tortoise-paced story development (who gets the BB nod!?).

On the bright side, the end of last night's episode hopefully signals the beginning of Jimmy's transformation into Saul and hinted at Mike's deepening involvement in murkier waters.

Again this week's was an enjoyable enough watch but as someone else said they've basically taken 3 quarters of the season to take us back to basically exactly where we started at the beginning.

I understand that Jimmy had to go work for Davis and Maine to realise once and for all that it wasn't for him, but that could have been done in the first three episodes.

Thought this week's episode was the worst of the series. I have been enjoying it so far, and quite like the build up while Mike and Kim's backstories come to the fore, but I thought this week's was just plain boring. Hoping for better in the last three, as if something big doesn't happen, I don't think this season will be as good in hindsight as opposed to watching it build week on week.

I'm beginning to think the writers are deliberately keeping it slow paced so they have enough material to write a 3rd series. Well I hope that's the case. It's been enjoyable enough but if I hadn't seen Breaking Bad it would probably be a chore now to remain interested.

The optimist hopes it's building towards a BB-style ending. Certainly looks like we're getting something with Mike and surely they can't have a whole season where Jimmy just treads water. The Chuck thing has to come to a head or something, anything...

Just finished episode 8 and was thinking exactly the same - we're almost finished the season and not much of note has happened. Could easily have covered the material in ~4/5 episodes and left room for shit going down.

I think the Kim storyline has been fine, it's the Jimmy one that's dragging. The suits thing was a nice reveal, tho.

Mike's shenanigans looks like setting up wheelchairing by making it look like an accident.