2015 Six Nations tournament

Bully Wee Villa

There doesn't seem to be a generic thread for this, just the prediction one.

I'm not much of a rugby expert but do enjoy the big international games.

Who's likely to win this season? Does any team look good enough to challenge for a Grand Slam? What would be realistic for Scotland, can they challenge for the title or would two wins be seen as a decent performance?

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually think it is potentially one of the most open championships for a while. I don't think any team will do the Grand Slam as I fancy someone to slip up once.

I can't decide who is favourite, I'll probably give it to Ireland given their Autumn results which were impressive although Sexton being out initially is a blow. Ireland have done well recently

England I think are stronger than they let on too. They aren't as weak as they let on, they seem to be building some 'we're injury ravished and weak' underdog tag, which is rubbish. England probably the best nation to cope with a load of injuries.

Not sure Wales can keep up the standard of recent years either.

As for France? God knows, could beat everyone, could lose to Italy.

The focus for Scotland should be trying to get up the table. We have 3 home games and should be competitive in every one, the Irish one being the last one which could be important for Ireland and the title. England away is a bit of a write off for us for a long number of years. Paris is tough but winnable. I'd like to see us win 3 games but think that will be tough. I'd be satisfied with 2 wins and 4th. We'll probably finish 5th and be disappointed!

If I had to make a prediction-

1. Ireland

2. England

3. France

4. Scotland

5. Wales

6. Italy

Other then 6th for Italy you can shuffle the rest. I've probably been over optimistic for Scotland!

Every match looks pretty hard to call. I doubt there will be a grand slam or even a triple crown.

Ireland to win.

Scotland to pick up a couple of wins, most likely Italy and Wales at home. I would have said the best other chance would come tomorrow away to France but that is a strong French team.

I think it'll be between England and Ireland for the title and with England having 3 home matches I'd just sway towards them, depending on the mindset of the French they'll be there or thereabouts,

Scotland could get 2 or possibly 3 victories,although we have had many a false dawn of course.

Impressed the Wales stand off Biggar is still going.....smashed face like that would have been the end of the night for me :lol:

England's backs always seem to play so close to offside these last few years...it's good pressing if the referee is lenient and lets it go but when they do it all the time that must start to give opponents a chance to find room behind them.

What's the deal with subs in rugby now with new concussion rules- I just assumed North was off for the night but he's back on. Is it just blood and concussion you can use temp subs for or is it all rolling subs now?

If it is just concussion, isn't that opening up an avenue for a fake injury situation again?

Archived