The 2016 US Presidential Election

Adamski

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, doulikefish said:

Paddy Power already paying out on a Clinton win

Think they paid out early on the indyref as well.

Got a feeling this will be a bit of a pyrrhic victory for her. edit: actually it would have been a pyrrhic victory for Trump in some ways too - 'murica is a complete basket case tbh

2 minutes ago, banana said:

The more the media stooges double down on this shit, the more Trump is proven correct, the more votes he gets. Will they never learn?

Except it doesn't matter. The right wing media in America have disowned him as much as the left. He's already hit the ceiling for voters who like his shtick, and he spends all his time outraging all the voters he needs to win over. I really don't think he ever wanted to win, he knows he'd be crap at it, just listen to Obama today for how a President should sound. He wants to start a tv station for angry white men who haven't done well with women. Unfortunately his brand has gone to shit, so good luck with raising money for that.

The more the media stooges double down on this shit, the more Trump is proven correct, the more votes he gets. Will they never learn?

Yeah, the South African comedian who presents a comedy show is a definite media stooge.

16 minutes ago, banana said:

I don't know about more votes, but it probably won't get him any fewer votes. People who are voting for Trump aren't really the sort of people chewing a thoughtful tooth while they listen to Trevor Noah on The Daily Show.

Can't remember where I read it, but I saw a piece the other day that basically suggested that all the stuff calling Trump a rich, selfish, uncharitable, egotistical, lecherous buffoon -- all the obvious stuff -- doesn't bother him in the slightest because that's exactly what he wants to be seen as; America’s very own malignant Daddy Warbucks.

2 hours ago, mjw said:

Yeah, the South African comedian who presents a comedy show is a definite media stooge.

The output from the show is very clearly on an anti-Trump, sweepsweep-Clinton bent, regardless of whether the stooges are in front or behind the camera. Having seen some of the stuff Noah writes elsewhere, he does seem to be on board with this stuff.

1 hour ago, MSU said:

I don't know about more votes, but it probably won't get him any fewer votes. People who are voting for Trump aren't really the sort of people chewing a thoughtful tooth while they listen to Trevor Noah on The Daily Show.

Can't remember where I read it, but I saw a piece the other day that basically suggested that all the stuff calling Trump a rich, selfish, uncharitable, egotistical, lecherous buffoon -- all the obvious stuff -- doesn't bother him in the slightest because that's exactly what he wants to be seen as; America’s very own malignant Daddy Warbucks.

I've a large number of American friends mainly of liberal persuasion, and American colleagues. You'd be surprised how many of them are silent supporters of Trump, and how many of them by the day are becoming aware of and getting really sick of what they are seeing, re: avalanche of anti-Trump rhetoric and propaganda, identity politics trump cards, Clinton stuff being ignored/played down. I'm talking left-wingers becoming vehement 100% Trump voters, folk who have been openly and consistently vitriolic about Trump going silent on politics for several weeks and are now undecideds, even many women feminists who have grown to despise Hillary treating them like infants and will not vote for her.

Would be interested to read that link - on the surface from what you've described, I think he's tactically fine with being called this as it plays into the Deplorables stuff, his supporters being painted as guilty by association.

Except it doesn't matter. The right wing media in America have disowned him as much as the left. He's already hit the ceiling for voters who like his shtick, and he spends all his time outraging all the voters he needs to win over. I really don't think he ever wanted to win, he knows he'd be crap at it, just listen to Obama today for how a President should sound. He wants to start a tv station for angry white men who haven't done well with women. Unfortunately his brand has gone to shit, so good luck with raising money for that.

"He wants to start a tv station for angry white men who haven't done well with women."

Like Banana?

Apparently Clinton and Trump have both invited guests for the third and final debate (I don't know if they have always been able to do this but anyway...). Clinton has invited two very rich people who have backed her including a former Trump voter / Republican and a sports team owner who doesn't like Trump (Meg Whitman and Mark Cuban respectively).

Trump meanwhile has invited Patricia Smith who lost a son in the 2012 Benghazi attack and as such is no fan of Clinton. Trump is also getting Barrack Obama's half brother Malik Obama to come along. Should be interesting...

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/10/18/politics/hillary-clinton-debate-guests-mark-cuban-meg-whitman/

Maybe I've misjudged Trump, the man's a fucking genius.

"I know more about ISIS than the generals do. Believe me." — Nov. 12, 2015

"Nobody knows jobs like I do." — Jan. 8, 2016

"I know more about foreign policy than anybody running." — Feb. 9, 2016

"Nobody reads the Bible more than me." — Feb. 24, 2016

"Nobody knows more about trade than me." — March 3, 2016

"Nobody knows the (visa) system better than me. I know the H1B. I know the H2B. Nobody knows it better than me." — March 10, 2016

"I've studied (the Iran deal) in great detail, I would say actually greater by far than anyone else." — March 21, 2016

"I know more about renewables than any human being on Earth." — April 13, 2016

"Nobody knows more about taxes than I do — maybe in the history of the world." — May 11, 2016

"There is nobody who understands the horror of nuclear more than me." — June 15, 2016

"I understand money better than anybody," — June 21, 2016

"Nobody knows debt better than me." — June 22, 2016

"Nobody in the history of this country has ever known so much about infrastructure as Donald Trump." — July 16, 2016

Archived