The 2016 US Presidential Election

Adamski

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/11/08/barack-obamas-approval-rating-nears-record-high-as-election-day/amp/

"pretty fucking awful"

(btw his approval rating is significantly higher today than on election day 2012. Awful second term though)

The midterms made it impossible for him to achieve anything on the domestic front. His second term foreign policy - Kerry's State Department work - was exceptional.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Alan Stubbs said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/11/08/barack-obamas-approval-rating-nears-record-high-as-election-day/amp/

"pretty fucking awful"

(btw his approval rating is significantly higher today than on election day 2012. Awful second term though)

He had two years with a majority in both houses and blew it trying to reach consensus. The Republicans have blocked everything since, even if they agreed. It was amazing he managed to get even a b*****dised health plan through. 

4 minutes ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

He said he would have one of the most transparent Governments in US history, the truth is considerably different. 

Anyway's Ladbrokes have 7/1 odds on Clinton ending up with 10-15% more votes than Trump. Stuck a fiver on it. Seem's pretty safe based on 538's predictions

538 have Clinton ahead by 3.6%. Good luck.

Have noticed odds flying about all over the shop before voting closed in last few UK votes. Has been the same odds since yesterday on this. You'd think there would be more information available on this with the registered party affiliation thing, surprised there's been no movement at all either way.

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I don't know how accurate this turnout tracker is, but they have Clinton up in Florida, Nevada, Ohio, Iowa, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania. http://www.slate.com/votecastr_election_day_turnout_tracker.html

Clinton still up in all the above but closing up in Ohio and Nevada.

51 minutes ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

Reporters talking about Hillary breaking the "Glass Ceiling" Yeah cause a rich person has it so rough.

Obama talking about choosing hope over hate, pretty sure he spouted the same shit when he was trying to get the job. Look how well that ended up, his term has been considered pretty fucking awful, im surprised as i honestly had high hopes for him but SSDD

42 minutes ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

One word. Obamacare

26 minutes ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

He said he would have one of the most transparent Governments in US history, the truth is considerably different. 

Anyway's Ladbrokes have 7/1 odds on Clinton ending up with 10-15% more votes than Trump. Stuck a fiver on it. Seem's pretty safe based on 538's predictions

^^^ idiot found

10 minutes ago, mrcat1990 said:

There's an Infowars live stream. This could be a lol.

Eta It's actually Jones rambling on about Infowars supplements and showing the results with this hilarious image.

Getting better, girl with nice tits comparing Drudge Reports to CNN.

19 minutes ago, mrcat1990 said:

There's an Infowars live stream. This could be a lol.

Eta It's actually Jones rambling on about Infowars supplements and showing the results with this hilarious image.

Woof, Roger Stone and Alex Stone have arrived, and they're fucking raging about Trump losing. :lol:

58 minutes ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

Reporters talking about Hillary breaking the "Glass Ceiling" Yeah cause a rich person has it so rough.

Obama talking about choosing hope over hate, pretty sure he spouted the same shit when he was trying to get the job. Look how well that ended up, his term has been considered pretty fucking awful, im surprised as i honestly had high hopes for him but SSDD

In comparison to the conveyor belt from Hell into the White House over the past decades Obama has been as near as it gets to someone normal in charge of the U.S.

That's about as much as can be hoped for, getting to breath a big sigh of relief the morning after an American presidential election. I'll take that with a Clinton victory - an experienced hands on administrator that's sucked up rejection by Americans for more populist candidates time and again, only for them to learn the hard way there's no substitute for ability.

19 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Aye. Good luck. Why do you think it was 7/1 if 538 were predicting it (which they weren't) ?

The bets odd's were 7/1, i was gauging it based on what 538 say the difference in seats will be, i know its not a sure thing but that's why i only bet £5. The vote itself doesn't mention the popular vote difference so i wasn't basing it on that, but knowing my luck it will be(you can tell i rarely bet). I'd be surprised if Clinton doesn't win by a decent margin, never thought it was gonna be close

**Edit** I see what you mean by infowar's, the seethe is pretty heavy at the moment. 

5 minutes ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

The bets odd's were 7/1, i was gauging it based on what 538 say the difference in seats will be, i know its not a sure thing but that's why i only bet £5. The vote itself doesn't mention the popular vote difference so i wasn't basing it on that. I'd be surprised if Clinton doesn't win by a decent margin, never thought it was gonna be close

I'd stay away from gambling If I were you.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Two words, public option. The Republicans squashed it. And 25 million Americans now have healthcare cover who didn't before. What does SSDD mean?

Obamacare passed without a single Republican vote in the Senate and they didn't need any Republican votes in the House. What could the Republicans have squashed? It was a poorly designed program. People in my state making as little as the low $30 thousands per year could be looking at $10k per year in health care costs if they have a hospital stay or require a prescription drug under patent protection.

Archived