5 more years of the Tories

FlyerTon

That Russell Brand's a bit of a jinx eh?

If I had to choose between him and Eammon Holmes to promote my hypothetical velux windae business, it'd be Holmes getting the call every time, even though he's a gormless arrogant fat b*****d.

Have to agree with Jamaldo, to an extent. Labour have actually done more damage to Scotland than the Tories, over the decades, psychologically at least.

It's bad enough having a known bully and arsehole telling you repeatedly over many decades that you are inherently pish and useless, and always will be, and always must be.

It's another thing altogether when it's your Dad saying it, and he doesn't stick up for you against the bully either.

That's what Labour did to Scotland, in effect. The punishment they are receiving is just and fair.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That Russell Brand's a bit of a jinx eh?

If I had to choose between him and Eammon Holmes to promote my hypothetical velux windae business, it'd be Holmes getting the call every time, even though he's a gormless arrogant fat b*****d.

Have to agree with Jamaldo, to an extent. Labour have actually done more damage to Scotland than the Tories, over the decades, psychologically at least.

It's bad enough having a known bully and arsehole telling you repeatedly over many decades that you are inherently pish and useless, and always will be, and always must be.

It's another thing altogether when it's your Dad saying it, and he doesn't stick up for you against the bully either.

That's what Labour did to Scotland, in effect. The punishment they are receiving is just and fair.

What a stupid analogy.

And the statement in bold is a ludicrous one. Scotland's psyche has been fucked for hundreds of years but the actual damage that Thatcher's policies did in the 80s and early 90s is still very fucking real.

So are we know praising the Lib Dems for keeping the Tories in line for five years?

People are going to have to make up their minds here.

Did they stop the worst of the Tory policies? Yes.

Did they deserve the blame for putting the Tories in government in the first place? Also yes.

The two aren't mutually exclusive.

Did they deserve the blame for putting the Tories in government in the first place? Also yes.

To be fair if you look at the 2010 election result, I don't think they had much of a choice. Lab/Lib wouldn't have made a majority.

For anyone who wants the fastest road to independence, this is the best result. The worst outcome would have been Labour getting an overall majority. I think Ed should have played his hand and said why an SNP alliance wouldn't be that bad, and where his red line would be when it came to horse trading. Instead Ed fumbled on the issue and made nonsensical statements. Like why he rather lock himself out of number 10 that do any deals with the SNP. When the arthritic dictates that he must. One conclusion I can make from the election is that people should be under no illusion now. That whatever the south of England votes for, they get. This election has all the hallmarks of the 92 election. Tory backbenchers are going to give Cameron all kinds of trouble. I also predict we'll see another financial crisis during the course of the next parliament, and the Tories won't be viewed in a favourable light come the next election.

Utter tosh. Look at London, they predominantly voted for labour. And the referendum was sorted last year and the majority decided that they didn't want that .

To be fair if you look at the 2010 election result, I don't think they had much of a choice. Lab/Lib wouldn't have made a majority.

That is unless they did a rainbow coalition. With the benefit of hindsight they shouldn't have done a deal with the Tories, and should have done the mutual coalition the SNP were intending to do with Labour. That way they could have escaped the blame for stuff like tuition fees.

Yer havering. At best they had a marginal effect. The fact is they would have been significantly more effective by staying in opposition and voting down the worst aspects of Tory policy, such as the bedroom tax, and standing by their position on tuition fees.

The fact is Clegg couldn't wait to get his arse into a Ministerial limousine and he and his unprincipled colleagues are rightly paying the price.

One other small point, how the f**k did Vince Cable curb the worst excesses of anything when he sold off part of the Royal Mail on the cheap? One bunch of free market right wing c***s propping up another bunch.

When do you think Cameron will do the handover to Boris (let's face it Boris is a shoe in to win the Tory leadership election when it comes)

I think four years time but could Cameron go sooner or leave it late?

NB: Johnson still doing the London Mayor gig until 2016 so don't expect him in a heavyweight cabinet position until then.

Boris-Johnson-outside-No--012.jpg

When do you think Cameron will do the handover to Boris (let's face it Boris is a shoe in to win the Tory leadership election when it comes)

I think four years time but could Cameron go sooner or leave it late?

Boris-Johnson-outside-No--012.jpg

Three years. Give him time to bed in.

Yer havering. At best they had a marginal effect. The fact is they would have been significantly more effective by staying in opposition and voting down the worst aspects of Tory policy, such as the bedroom tax, and standing by their position on tuition fees.

The fact is Clegg couldn't wait to get his arse into a Ministerial limousine and he and his unprincipled colleagues are rightly paying the price.

One other small point, how the f**k did Vince Cable curb the worst excesses of anything when he sold off part of the Royal Mail on the cheap? One bunch of free market right wing c***s propping up another bunch.

Absolutely. What they should have done was allow the Tories to run a minority govt then join with Labour in voting down every brutal piece of legislation attacking poor people that was proposed.

But then Clegg wouldn't have got to feel all important for five years, and that's much more important than the welfare of millions of people.

That is unless they did a rainbow coalition. With the benefit of hindsight they shouldn't have done a deal with the Tories, and should have done the mutual coalition the SNP were intending to do with Labour. That way they could have escaped the blame for stuff like tuition fees.

A lot of the Labour backbenchers baulked at that deal. The only thing the Lib Dems did wrong was coalition rather than C&S, but I can see why they'd want cabinet portfolios and extra concessions

I'm not praising them - and don't think they should've joined in the first place.

But if you don't think a Tory majority last time would've been much worse you're delusional. The fact that the Tories never had a majority made a pretty big difference. They had to get stuff through the coalition (even as shit as the Lib Dems were).

My point is that this Tory government will be much, much harsher than the coalition we've just had. To dismiss this result lightly is a big mistake.

A lot of the Labour backbenchers baulked at that deal. The only thing the Lib Dems did wrong was coalition rather than C&S, but I can see why they'd want cabinet portfolios and extra concessions

The Lib Dems could have just reused to go into coalition and instead voted on an issue by issue basis.

Absolutely. What they should have done was allow the Tories to run a minority govt then join with Labour in voting down every brutal piece of legislation attacking poor people that was proposed.

But then Clegg wouldn't have got to feel all important for five years, and that's much more important than the welfare of millions of people.

Lets not forget. If clegg had got his wishes yesterday, he would have been jumping right back into a ministerial car again to prop up cameron

Sold his soul for power imo.

Lets not forget. If clegg had got his wishes yesterday, he would have been jumping right back into a ministerial car again to prop up cameron

Sold his soul for power imo.

Absolutely, and they just stand for nothing now. They used to have principles and policies, now its just lifting their skirt to whoever wins the most seats in the hope of a ministerial car.

When Danny Alexander was photographed sitting in the back seat of a ministerial car with a document in his lap that clearly showed half a million public sector jobs were going to be cut under the Coalition's spending plans, do you think he was secretly showing it off to the press in an attempt to stymy the worst of the Tories' policies?

Or do you think he was just tamely delivering it to the department where the plans would be put into action, as instructed?

I'd say the latter is considerably more likely.

Why waste your time making up lame excuses to retroactively justify the actions of self-interested jobsworths who will never thank you for it?

Everybody's going mental 'cos the Tories are in power, but they've been in power already for five years.

When Danny Alexander was photographed sitting in the back seat of a ministerial car with a document in his lap that clearly showed half a million public sector jobs were going to be cut under the Coalition's spending plans, do you think he was secretly showing it off to the press in an attempt to stymy the worst of the Tories' policies?

Or do you think he was just tamely delivering it to the department where the plans would be put into action, as instructed?

I'd say the latter is considerably more likely.

Why waste your time making up lame excuses to retroactively justify the actions of self-interested jobsworths who will never thank you for it?

Everybody's going mental 'cos the Tories are in power, but they've been in power already for five years.

The Lib Dems are c***s. They loved the titles and the perks that went along with it. The last thing I'm doing is defending them.

But do you honestly think that was Cameron and in particular Gideon's ideal 5 years right there? They were constrained by the fact that they never had a majority and as a result the country never felt the full force of their right wing ideology.

The next 5 years are going to be significantly worse if you're poor.

And the statement in bold is a ludicrous one.

Is it?

Remind me. Who was the guy that publically threatened to create an armed border across the middle of Britain, complete with guards and checkpoints, if the people of Scotland dared to vote in their own national self-interest?

It wisnae Cameron. It wisnae Clegg. It wisnae even Farage.

Think about it for a while.

Even the most Empire Loyalist of Tories would've thought twice about that proclamation.

Archived