Holyrood '16 polls and predictions

Crùbag

Went to Hollyrood today and sat through some of the EU debate they were having.

Highlights included a Tory MSP dropping his glass of water and it smashing all over the ground and the Deputy Presiding Officer telling Willie Rennie off because he spoke for several minutes about his run up a hill on Sunday at 5am. I also how no idea how this is linked to the EU.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Highlights included a Tory MSP dropping his glass of water and it smashing all over the ground and the Deputy Presiding Officer telling Willie Rennie off because he spoke for several minutes about his run up a hill on Sunday at 5am. I also how no idea how this is linked to the EU.

Sound like Rennie was closer to being on-fopic than usual TBF.

The one big thing that stands out for me in the TNS poll - after 60% for the SNP - is that only 6% would vote Labour in the 16 to 34 year olds.

How on Earth do you recover from that? I honestly now believe there is no way back for Labour in Scotland

Lets hope never

ImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1433849795.810377.jpg

Maybe I should persuade the Mrs to try and get involved! No chance of getting the gig but it would good for the experience I reckon.

You wouldn't want it in a million years, trust me on that one.

You can PM me for the buzz but there's no fucking way I would put it up on here....

I must say how delightful it is to see Slab reaping what they've sown. Made even more delicious is the fact that, for all their claims, they are entirely unable to change.

Please tell me it was John Scott or Murdo Fraser

I remember when list MSPs were branded 'second class representatives' by Labour drones - some of whom even proposing they should be scrapped entirely.

http://www.scotsman.com/news/mp-in-move-to-scrap-holyrood-s-list-msps-scrapped-1-1370818

Not such a bad idea IMO.

2hp7u35.jpg

Brian Donohoe :lol::lol: :lol:

The irony meter just exploded

I just realised that UKIP didn't even register on the constituency vote and they're at an earth-shattering 2% on the list.

:lol:

I thought Coburn said UKIP "Scotland" would be standing in every seat in Scotland next year

I thought Coburn said UKIP "Scotland" would be standing in every seat in Scotland next year

I hope they do. They can get humiliated in Scotland again before they're humiliated in the EU referendum.

Not only UKIP getting humiliated, the battered and bruised party that is the Lib Dems, I hear won't be standing in every constituency. How many I don't know. Perhaps our resident Lib Dem can confirm or deny this. By the sounds of it all of those lost deposits are starting to take their toll.

It's one poll, honeymoon effect and so on etc, but does nyone else think that if the SNP included Indyref2 in their manifesto it wouldn't affect their vote too much. E.g another majority?

I don't think they will though.

It's inconceivable that the snp won't have provision for indyref 2 in their 2016 manifesto.

How that is framed will depend on the mood at the time. If the numbers are like this it will be balls out commitment to ensure there is one.

If it gets a lot tighter (it won't) they will likely say they reserve the right to push for one under certain circumstances.

It's inconceivable that the snp won't have provision for indyref 2 in their 2016 manifesto.

How that is framed will depend on the mood at the time. If the numbers are like this it will be balls out commitment to ensure there is one.

If it gets a lot tighter (it won't) they will likely say they reserve the right to push for one under certain circumstances.

I'm really torn two ways about this. Yeah I'd love another referendum, but it's one we MUST win this time. For that reason I'm not sure as to how the strategy will be perceived by the...err...strategists.

Archived