Holyrood '16 polls and predictions

Crùbag

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm torn. I really don't know. I only want another referendum if it is guaranteed to be a YES vote but you have to weigh that up against gambling on how many more majorities the SNP can have.

Gut instinct is leave it for just now and see what state this current Tory Government leaves us in. If they get another Westminster majority I can see that tipping the scales in favour of the YES movement if the previous 5 years haven't already .

Not read the article yet but the Herald seems to be suggesting indyref2 in 2019.

That's a good a time as any in my opinion. with another Tory government likely in 2020 with Boris as PM.

If we were to go for indyref2 in 2019 who would be the opposition in the No campaign?

The so called "big hitters" will have been out of politics for years by then. Murphy, Douglas & Danny.Alexander, Curran, Brown, Sarwar, Kennedy, Moore and the discredited Carmichael.

All played a major role in the No campaign, will they still be actively involved in politics in 2019 I wonder?

That would leave Dugdale and possibly Burnham as Labour leaders. Boris & Ruthie as leaders for the Tories. Lib-dems will probably be extinct then.

So we could have a very weakened No campaign by 2019. Sturgeon is growing in popularity to Ghandi-esq levels where she is mobbed by the adoring Scottish public where ever she makes a public appearance.

2019? Looking good for me!

Not read the article yet but the Herald seems to be suggesting indyref2 in 2019.

That's a good a time as any in my opinion. with another Tory government likely in 2020 with Boris as PM.

If we were to go for indyref2 in 2019 who would be the opposition in the No campaign?

The so called "big hitters" will have been out of politics for years by then. Murphy, Douglas & Danny.Alexander, Curran, Brown, Sarwar, Kennedy, Moore and the discredited Carmichael.

All played a major role in the No campaign, will they still be actively involved in politics in 2019 I wonder?

That would leave Dugdale and possibly Burnham as Labour leaders. Boris & Ruthie as leaders for the Tories. Lib-dems will probably be extinct then.

So we could have a very weakened No campaign by 2019. Sturgeon is growing in popularity to Ghandi-esq levels where she is mobbed by the adoring Scottish public where ever she makes a public appearance.

2019? Looking good for me!

FFA could be what makes or breaks a second referendum.

FFA could be a poisoned chalice or it could provide the SNP with an opportunity to prove their fiscal credentials. Only time will tell but I get the impression that the Tories are banking on the SNP making a sow's ear of FFA.

FFA could be a poisoned chalice or it could provide the SNP with an opportunity to prove their fiscal credentials. Only time will tell but I get the impression that the Tories are banking on the SNP making a sow's ear of FFA.

Isn't it amazing that all these "experts" think that Scotland alone, out of 200 and odd countries worldwide, can't control it's own finances.

The Isle of Man has full control over it's finances and only 80,000 or so people live there!

Would Cameron be bold enough to agree to FFA? I know some of his back-benchers want it to happen. But in a quick way to teach the Jocks a lesson rather than a lets work with our brothers in Scotland kind of way.

The SNP want it to happen gradually over a number of years. Meaning we keep part of the Barnett formula as we progress to full FFA.

Don't see Boris & co agreeing to that somehow...

The UK government won't give us proper FFA.

Not just the Tories, "Scottish" Labour appear despite to see the SNP fail

Not just the Tories, "Scottish" Labour appear despite to see the SNP fail

Scottish Labour appear desperate to see the SNP AND Scotland fail.

It would appear that 1 MP and 19% support isn't low enough for them.

Isn't it amazing that all these "experts" think that Scotland alone, out of 200 and odd countries worldwide, can't control it's own finances.

The Isle of Man has full control over it's finances and only 80,000 or so people live there!

I have no doubt that Scotland could control its own finances.

What I do have doubt over is the financial capability of John Swinney.

:lol:

Ok then, champ. He's done a disastrous job to date in Holyrood hasn't he?

Proven balancer of books vs towel folder who has doubled the debt in just under 5 years ?

Proven balancer of books vs towel folder who has doubled the debt in just under 5 years ?

Slightly OT, but the fact that Labour couldn't exploit this fact during the election makes me really angry. Maybe if Miliband had continually highlighted that the 'fiscally prudent' Tories had doubled the national debt at the same time as they were imposing swinging cuts then he might have taken more seats off them.

Instead he feel into Cameron's trap and spent most of his time demonising the SNP instead. Fucking arsehole.

Ask yourself this - why was John Swinney the invisible man of the referendum campaign?

He's a liability - out of his depth when he was leader of the SNP and out of his depth as Finance Secretary.

Archived