Spittal - starter next season

Telfer - keep him till December at least see if he's good enough

Fraser - hopefully he's better than tonight's performance

Punt everyone else

I could honestly fcuking cry!

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

powerhouse will have a difficult choice in a few years when United are sharing a division with Forfar

Or he could cut his losses (obviously not his losses - he's been rather generously compensated for his work at the club) and f**k off now.

I saw it reported the other day that the Thompson family's total spend on the club is now at approximately £4M. Most of that will be accounted for in the purchase of the shares in the first place. If those shares aren't now worth what they paid for them then they've no one to blame but themselves. Eddie Thompson surely didn't think that his family would be making money from the club. He bought himself a few years in the big chair and then passed on a very lucrative career to his son as Chairman of a football club. That's not bad value for £4M. 

Easy for me to say, of course, but I reckon they've had just about as much out of United as they can expect and would do well to leave the scene with a little bit of their dignity intact.

As of the last set of published accounts the nett asset value of the club was £3.3 million, that includes the loans to the football trust that never get paid but just get written off over a period of time, so it could be argued that it's really more. I think ST holding is 53%. Don't know about you but I wouldn't walk away from that.

Why Dundee United fans would consider keeping any of your players is beyond me. Every one of them are horrendous and they will struggle in the championship.

I agree. I'd be inclined to get rid of each and every one of them. The ones with talent either don't care or are as soft as fresh shite, and the ones that do care cannot play football.

As of the last set of published accounts the nett asset value of the club was £3.3 million, that includes the loans to the football trust that never get paid but just get written off over a period of time, so it could be argued that it's really more. I think ST holding is 53%. Don't know about you but I wouldn't walk away from that.

Sorry, to be clear, I'm not suggesting that he should walk away. Rather I'm suggesting that he needs to be realistic about whether his family can expect to get all their money back.

Keep:

Zwick - shite but under contract

Szromnik - shite but under contract

Paton - shite but under contract

Donaldson - shite but under contract

Murray - shite but under contract

Durnan - shite but under contract

Spittal - shite but under contract

Telfer - shite but under contract

Fraser - shite but under contract

Dixon - might improve with decent manager and used correctly but if not then shite but under contract

Dillon - shite but under contract. Nice guy though.

Have I missed anyone? If so they are shite but under contract.

That list gives me the boakey fear.

Keep:

Zwick - shite but under contract

Szromnik - shite but under contract

Paton - shite but under contract

Donaldson - shite but under contract

Murray - shite but under contract

Durnan - shite but under contract

Spittal - shite but under contract

Telfer - shite but under contract

Fraser - shite but under contract

Dixon - might improve with decent manager and used correctly but if not then shite but under contract

Dillon - shite but under contract. Nice guy though.

Have I missed anyone? If so they are shite but under contract.

That list gives me the boakey fear.

BODUL? How could you forgot

Anier and Szmorick also

I would keep Fraser, Spittal, Paton, Murray, Ofere and incredibly Durnan and Donaldson. I actually think those 2 could be useful in the championship but we need a squad of streetwise pros that know what the league is about.

Obviously we won't be able to punt half the shite we have on our books but one can dream.

I would keep Fraser, Spittal, Paton, Murray, Ofere and incredibly Durnan and Donaldson. I actually think those 2 could be useful in the championship but we need a squad of streetwise pros that know what the league is about.

Obviously we won't be able to punt half the shite we have on our books but one can dream.

can't see us affording Ofere wages, can see him going to bottom 6 team

Would agree with all of that other than Ofere; also agree about Durnana and Donaldson - they both have potential. I assume Telfer is still under contract, I'd keep him and offer John Rankin a new deal.

Sorry, to be clear, I'm not suggesting that he should walk away. Rather I'm suggesting that he needs to be realistic about whether his family can expect to get all their money back.

Fair enough. But we still need to ditch Mixu ASAP even if ST is still around.

I wonder how season ticket sales are going. This is only the second season I've delayed buying ours; the last time was the Sevco debacle.

Fair enough. But we still need to ditch Mixu ASAP even if ST is still around.

I wonder how season ticket sales are going. This is only the second season I've delayed buying ours; the last time was the Sevco debacle.

Oh aye, Mixu needs to go. No question about that. 

Yeah there's little to no chance of Ofere staying, just think he would be useful in the championship and a striker that you can hoof long balls to, which seems to be the extent of our game plan.

Would recall Telfer too.

Archived