St.Mirren 2015/2016 thread

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll no doubt get shot down here but I'd take Jimmy calderwood or Ian McCall. Can think of any more realistic appointments that are experienced we could make.

Davies would be smashing but unless he was doing it as a favour to the board (due to him living locally and previous reported dealings) we would never be able to afford him.

He does seem like a bit of a c**t but he has a good record from what I can remember.

I didn't want Adams on this basis he was a c**t in the summer, I'm pretty sure we wouldn't be in this position if he had taken us over.

In saying that I was delighted at the Murray appointment so shows how much i know...

Saved Killie and County when they were in struggling positions.

Would bring an attacking style at least, you'd see football harking back to the Hendrie days I think.

He can't bankrupt us because we don't have the banking facilities to go mental.

We need someone who has managed for at least 10 seasons, who can stamp their authority on the team and get the fans on board. I think Calderwood ticks the boxes, at least till the end of the season anyway.

Alex Rae is all but a done deal apparently.

Where are you hearing that? Seems a bit strange that SG would come out and say that the next appointment will be an experienced manager then to appoint Alex Rae. Stranger things have happened I suppose!

Where are you hearing that? Seems a bit strange that SG would come out and say that the next appointment will be an experienced manager then to appoint Alex Rae. Stranger things have happened I suppose!

Someone connected to the club. I agree that it does seem to contradict what Gilmour has said, which is why I said 'apparently'. His odds were slashed to 4/6, then yesterday when I heard the news I couldn't seem to place a bet on a couple of different sites.

Look back at the Tommy Craig appointment. We were 'inundated with CVs' and they were going to make a careful, considered appointment.

Then they decided they couldn't be arsed and let Tommy Craig f**k things right up.

Archived