St Johnstone in Europe 2015/16

Steve McQueen

Scobbie to me, has never looked anything more than a decent Championship player. I was shocked when St Johnstone signed him in the first place but even more surprised that he's managed to forge a career for several seasons at a top 4 side such as yourselves without coming close to being punted.

Whilst John Sutton is probably a better player than Graham, without support, Sutton offers probably less than anyone else in the league such is his style. Brian Graham I feel would have offered a lot more out there purely due to the fact he'd have worked to hassle the defenders and cause problems. Sutton makes David Clarkson look mobile when he's not getting constant support.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it just me that's too scared to go on we are Perth? :lol:

Nope.

Fwiw I didn't even think Scobbie was the worst on the pitch. There I said it. :lol: he's still fucking shite mind.

Scobbie to me, has never looked anything more than a decent Championship player. I was shocked when St Johnstone signed him in the first place but even more surprised that he's managed to forge a career for several seasons at a top 4 side such as yourselves without coming close to being punted.

Whilst John Sutton is probably a better player than Graham, without support, Sutton offers probably less than anyone else in the league such is his style. Brian Graham I feel would have offered a lot more out there purely due to the fact he'd have worked to hassle the defenders and cause problems. Sutton makes David Clarkson look mobile when he's not getting constant support.

Scobbies a cyclical player, he'll start a game, do well, go on a run of playing well, start believing his own hype then do something completely fucking stupid. I've no idea what he was thinking today for their goal, just complete suicide defending.

Agree with Sutton, it would be classic us to sign a goalscorer then never create a chance for him :lol: why he came off yet MacLean remained just as we decided to get men up in support and pump balls into the box was bewildering, it was made for Sutton that situation.

If theres no more signings I riot. Genuinely wouldnt surprise me though.

normally info I get spot on but praying this one wrong as we desperately need injection of creativity and pace. Oh and I'm not one to single out players but MacLean is finished . Offering us nothing sadly. Worrying night to be a saints fan.

normally info I get spot on but praying this one wrong as we desperately need injection of creativity and pace. Oh and I'm not one to single out players but MacLean is finished . Offering us nothing sadly. Worrying night to be a saints fan.

I'd be surprised if it was true, seeing as Broon made such a fucking song and dance last Summer about only signing players when others were injured. We're now seven starters down, if thats not a time for signings I don't know what is.

Jim McAlister and Kyle Hutton don't count if you're reading this Steve, you grippit c**t.

This year's St Mirren. Get the relegation train to the platform.

Nah it's all good we'll beat Hibs on the playoff. United are our safety net.

Massive disappointment.

Not scoring away from home makes it such a knife edge.. Especially as we know we won't score more than 2 goals in a game against anyone.

Winning 1-0 against 10 men with plenty time left, CB Brad McKay decides to charge out to left wing to press their right back, Scobbie let's the ball bounce over his head and bang it's all over.

We had horrendous injury issues - Dave Mackay, Murray Davidson, Chris Millar, David Wotherspoon, Simon Lappin and add in Anderson and Wright injured during the game and that's 7 starters out.. BUT we still should have had enough.

Sutton and Maclean through the middle together just cannot be the way ahead, give us something to get excited about this season ...

O'Halloran looked superb at times.

Massive disappointment.

Not scoring away from home makes it such a knife edge.. Especially as we know we won't score more than 2 goals in a game against anyone.

Winning 1-0 against 10 men with plenty time left, CB Brad McKay decides to charge out to left wing to press their right back, Scobbie let's the ball bounce over his head and bang it's all over.

We had horrendous injury issues - Dave Mackay, Murray Davidson, Chris Millar, David Wotherspoon, Simon Lappin and add in Anderson and Wright injured during the game and that's 7 starters out.. BUT we still should have had enough.

Sutton and Maclean through the middle together just cannot be the way ahead, give us something to get excited about this season ...

O'Halloran looked superb at times.

I far prefer O'Halloran on the right, as it makes everything simpler for his dull fucking braincell. Run straight then cross, simple. Happily see him there, Spoony central then another on the left. DEAR GOD GIVE US SWANSON. Them three behind Sutton/Kane would surely bring more attacking football.

I far prefer O'Halloran on the right, as it makes everything simpler for his dull fucking braincell. Run straight then cross, simple. Happily see him there, Spoony central then another on the left. DEAR GOD GIVE US SWANSON. Them three behind Sutton/Kane would surely bring more attacking football.

macca never getting dropped again it seems no matter how crap he Is. Starting to really annoy me that he is untouchable.

macca never getting dropped again it seems no matter how crap he Is. Starting to really annoy me that he is untouchable.

It cant go on, surely. I cant even remember his last decent performance, and 3 goals in 14 months is an absolute shambles for a striker.

Genuinely hope he turns it around, but I dont see how he can, the sharpness is gone.

It cant go on, surely. I cant even remember his last decent performance, and 3 goals in 14 months is an absolute shambles for a striker.

Genuinely hope he turns it around, but I dont see how he can, the sharpness is gone.

yeah enoughs enough now. Effectively playing with 10 men every game he starts. Was praying pre season would see him rediscover some sharpness etc but still looking as poor as he was towards end of last season.

Yeah Mikey right, Swanson left feeding big John with Kane getting a decent run in the starting line up to see how he does. Wotherspoon and Midge central.

I would be a bit more optimistic with that.

Hope to see Cummings get a decent run out, no idea how good he is but he looked quicker than Sutton and Macca. That may be quite slim praise though.

Anyway, onto Real Sociedad... :(

We'll likely annihilate Sociedads strongest eleven on Sunday simply because we're St Johnstone, and we make absolutely no sense

Hugely embarrassing. The most frustrating thing is that Alashkert weren't even good. Unfortunately we were just as bad, perhaps worse, and didn't deserve to go through over the two legs.

Of course, the quality of our starting line-up was decimated by injuries. As much as it pains me to say it though, I think that Caddis should have started. You should play midfielders in midfield if you have the opportunity, rather than strikers and left-backs. Tommy didn't get it right tonight.

It didn't click for us at all tonight. We never looked truly comfortable in possession and Alashkert were doing their best to stop any Saints fluidity by constantly fouling us. The referee was eager to give free-kicks for very minor incidents, and the general play was interrupted far too much.

We did look the more likely team to score, but Alashkert slightly changed their style of play and began to pass the ball around significantly better after we took the lead. After they went down to ten men, I was confident that we'd see it out. Conceding that goal was simply inexcusable.

A bit of a shame that the minutes' silence turned into a minutes' applause instead, but I'd blame the diabolical tannoy system for the general confusion in regards to that.

Alashkert. Jesus Christ Saints, we've been cleaned out by some utter pish over the years, Bohemians most prominent among them, but fucking hell, this is rotten.

Steve Brown won't be too gutted as it saves a huge trek to Asia.

Archived