St Johnstone in Europe 2015/16

Steve McQueen

Anyways....

Anderson away to hospital, possible cheek bone fracture. From a punch by an Armenian player yet Anderson got booked :lol:

Was a bizarre one that, both players go for ball, Armenian player stays standing while Anderson crumples to ground unconscious. Free kick to Armenian side and yellow for Anderson :lol:

TBF the red card was a fucking farce too, ref was mental for fouls and yellow cards.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyways....

Anderson away to hospital, possible cheek bone fracture. From a punch by an Armenian player yet Anderson got booked :lol:

That was astonishing. That was a straight red card for their boy for a clear assault on Anderson that left him having to be subbed. They got the free kick and Anderson got booked. Crazy.

Totally shite. Although frankly I'm astounded the XI we had on the park actually won the match on the night. A centre midfield pairing of Scobbie and Brown. Kane on the left. Maclean miles off it again. Finishing with Scobbie McKay and Shaughnessy at the back.

Can only hope we never have an injury list comprising Millar, Lappin, Wotherspoon, Davidson, Mackay, Anderson and Wright at any stage this season. That's seven almost certain starters out.

That was astonishing. That was a straight red card for their boy for a clear assault on Anderson that left him having to be subbed. They got the free kick and Anderson got booked. Crazy.

Totally shite. Although frankly I'm astounded the XI we had on the park actually won the match on the night. A centre midfield pairing of Scobbie and Brown. Kane on the left. Maclean miles off it again. Finishing with Scobbie McKay and Shaughnessy at the back.

Can only hope we never have an injury list comprising Millar, Lappin, Wotherspoon, Davidson, Mackay, Anderson and Wright at any stage this season. That's seven almost certain starters out.

By all accounts we might start the season with that injury list, joy of joys.

TBF the red card was a fucking farce too, ref was mental for fouls and yellow cards.

Seriously? He should have been off half an hour earlier. He was booked for bursting someone ten minutes in then absolutely hammered Kane on the half way line from behind around half an hour in. An almost certain yellow card if he hadn't already been booked. Ref instead told him one more and he was off. It was a cynical trip and on the back of his first two he had to walk.

Didn't bother Alaskhert though. They had their two best chances (including the goal) after they lost that man.

:lol: The thought of Tam Scobbie up against Tymoshchuk would have given me sleepless nights in the run up anyway.

We're clearly fucking pish this season, but i don't think this team are as bad as made out, far better than Fc Minsk and played as well as Rosenborg did against us. No idea why we decided to sit of them after scoring as we had them on the ropes, and while they were neat and tidy in the centre of the park, their defence looked dodgy when we actually put any pressure on them. Not particularly looking forward to the upcoming season and think we'll struggle for top 6 if the new signings keep playing the way they have.

Come on Andy Murray

I think Alashkert were a different kind of team to Minsk, but I didn't think there was too much difference in quality. We should've won the tie comfortably, even with the players that we had missing. I'm flabbergasted that we didn't start Caddis - who is naturally a midfielder - ahead of Scobbie.

No one to blame but ourselves - they were there for the taking and we failed miserably. The manager has to take some of the blame for that too.

That was a mess. Horrendous performance and no excuses for that. Tommy Wright was a shambles, our best striker was left out of his depth at left wing while Sutton- who we've all been told is no lone striker and needs a partner- was left isolated despite us having 3 strikers (4 at a push) on the pitch. O'Halloran is a million miles better on the left and to top it off Caddis came on and actually looked good- yet he was benched so we could shunt O'Halloran to the right and play Kane on the left. Maclean's first touch has gone, and sadly it's difficult to feel differently about his whole career. He'll still start on opening day v hearts though, probably with Tam Scobbie in defensive midfield with Frazer Wright in attacking midfield behind Sutton. Caddis on the bench of course.

Now for the positives: Brad McKay doesn't look shite. Yet.

Scobbie was shite in midfield in a friendly v Aberdeen, seemed mental to play him there in such an important game, only positive is it keeps him away from our own goal I suppose. Seemed mental to chuck Kane on the left aswell, probably for the first time in his entire career.

TW has to take the blame for that, probably has to take the blame for such an imbalanced side aswell, it might be harsh but players like Wright, Davidson and probably Caddis shouldnt have gotten contracts this season.

Scobbie was shite in midfield in a friendly v Aberdeen, seemed mental to play him there in such an important game, only positive is it keeps him away from our own goal I suppose. Seemed mental to chuck Kane on the left aswell, probably for the first time in his entire career.

TW has to take the blame for that, probably has to take the blame for such an imbalanced side aswell, it might be harsh but players like Wright, Davidson and probably Caddis shouldnt have gotten contracts this season.

I thought Caddis was decent when he came on (at least compared to the rest) and generally he's decent cheap cover for right and central midfield. Absolutely mental TW would give him a contract then play Scobbie and Kane out of position over him.

I thought Caddis was decent when he came on (at least compared to the rest) and generally he's decent cheap cover for right and central midfield. Absolutely mental TW would give him a contract then play Scobbie and Kane out of position over him.

He was okay playing fifty yard from goal with nobody pressing him. And he generally pretty fucking timid. Agree he was a far better option than Kane or Scobbie, though, TW has the annoying as f**k tendency to play his senior players regardless of the situation and would rather wedge them in than give a younger player he responsibility. You can virtually predict his subs once you see the bench.

yeah when I heard the team this morning I had the fear. It shows that TW has no bottle to play kids sadly. Must be gutting for caddis ( who I do not rate ) to not even start when our entire midfield was injured. Also why play Kane wide left ? Why not be brave and play Thompson wide right and leave o halloran wide left and get Kane and Sutton up top. Disaster made worse to injuries sustained to Wright and Anderson. Oh and I heard there will be no more signings !!!

Archived