The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

1 hour ago, Cowshed118 said:

Nickys one of my good nates and im in that video wih him, Duffy doesnt want to sign him as we have plenty in that position (his words) ,the wee man maybe off to Dumbarton or Queens

I'm sure he'll be delighted that you're sharing that information on a public forum.

Pretty bad day yesterday between finding out Quitongo needs surgery meaning he'll be out for months, and Oyenuga getting a new deal. We really need two strikers in January to give us some depth up there with Quitongo out: McDonagh gives a lot of effort and basic competence but no great amount of quality, Scullion is more of a second striker so there are doubts he could play with Oliver and Duffy won't pick him anyway, while Oyenuga is a Kabba Modou-Cham level dud.

So much of our success over the last three months has been down to Quitongo's movement and physical presence, and the space that creates for the midfield. Without a change in our style of play, it's going to be a big struggle to replicate our recent form without a striker who can offer that same awareness and intelligence. I'm desperately hoping we have the budget set aside for Rory Loy, Denny Johnstone, or someone else.

20 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Pretty bad day yesterday between finding out Quitongo needs surgery meaning he'll be out for months, and Oyenuga getting a new deal. We really need two strikers in January to give us some depth up there with Quitongo out: McDonagh gives a lot of effort and basic competence but no great amount of quality, Scullion is more of a second striker so there are doubts he could play with Oliver and Duffy won't pick him anyway, while Oyenuga is a Kabba Modou-Cham level dud.

So much of our success over the last three months has been down to Quitongo's movement and physical presence, and the space that creates for the midfield. Without a change in our style of play, it's going to be a big struggle to replicate our recent form without a striker who can offer that same awareness and intelligence. I'm desperately hoping we have the budget set aside for Rory Loy, Denny Johnstone, or someone else.

I know it's a long shot but is there anyone in the development squad who has a similar style of play to Quitongo? 

Nicky Low fucking loves Morton by the way. Can't remember what the song was or when it was - but it was this season. He took a video of himself singing a Morton song with your fans.

He's Morton'd oot his nut if you will.

Nobody cares champ.

1483132536929.jpg.fc1bbeaea3b98ef05640f6

Well you're scrambling for relevance on this thread, so yes. Nobody cares though.

Thanks for playing anyway.

1483135185314.jpg

By replying to him (twice) you are confirming he is clearly relevant in your mind.

Swing and a miss champ.

8 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Heard there maybe news about Gunning tomorrow. I stress this is only rumour from a usually good source. 

Interestingly, Mark Farrell just retweeted an old story about him 'loving life at Cappielow'. Quite random for him to do that and could be a bit of a teaser. I could also be talking absolute pish here of course :unsure2:

On 12/29/2016 at 22:54, Ludo*1 said:

Doubt it'll be him as hilarious as that would be. We are quite strong at CH at the moment at least.

Hartley tends to do the 'main' scouting himself so there might not be a lot in it just what I'd heard.

We are needing a quality striker and either a combative all energy CM or a creative player in the mould of Gary Harkins. Got any of them spare?

It'd make sense though if we were looking at O'Ware for next season. Would expect Gomis would probably be away tbh.

Interestingly, I've always had a wee feeling that Hartley would sign Ross Forbes for us. Technically quite a good player and always had that spark and even demonstrated it in the top flight. I remember watching him when he was a young boy at Motherwell and he stood out pretty much instantly for clearly being a talented footballer. He wasn't the best fitness wise, quite slow and his defensive work rate wasn't great and that's what defeated him.

I don't know if that's changed and although he isn't a conventional lower league signing at 27, he could be someone who has just taken a lot longer to mature. Probably won't happen as money wouldn't be required but would be surprised if Hartley hadn't thought of him before.

I'm pretty sure there will be a few Premiership teams keeping an eye on our midfield players. Tidser, Murdoch, Lindsay, and Forbes are all players worth keeping an eye on. Outside of that there has also been interest in Russell, Kilday, and Oliver. O'Ware will surely be gaining a decent amount of interest too. And that's before mentioning Jai. It's been scout central at Morton games this season.

1 hour ago, harry94 said:

It'd make sense though if we were looking at O'Ware for next season. Would expect Gomis would probably be away tbh.

Interestingly, I've always had a wee feeling that Hartley would sign Ross Forbes for us. Technically quite a good player and always had that spark and even demonstrated it in the top flight. I remember watching him when he was a young boy at Motherwell and he stood out pretty much instantly for clearly being a talented footballer. He wasn't the best fitness wise, quite slow and his defensive work rate wasn't great and that's what defeated him.

I don't know if that's changed and although he isn't a conventional lower league signing at 27, he could be someone who has just taken a lot longer to mature. Probably won't happen as money wouldn't be required but would be surprised if Hartley hadn't thought of him before.

Still the exact same.

Big Gav weighing up his options by the looks of it. If he moves on you just have to wish him all the best.

His stint at Cappielow has worked out for both parties. He came in and done an exceptional job and put himself in the shop window.

Obviously you don't want to lose your best players and I sincerely hope he stays, but if there is a position we can afford to lose someone from it's the CB position.

Lets hope the big fella stays until the end of the season at least. He likes it at Morton and says it's the most he's enjoyed his football for a long time.