The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

6 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

Probably just means footballers are as thick as we think they are tbh

I would disagree, who the f**k in their right mind would want to play for the perennial loser Jim Duffy?

2 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

I would disagree, who the f**k in their right mind would want to play for the perennial loser Jim Duffy?

Why wouldn't you want to play for Jim Duffy right now? He's built an incredibly hard working team that appears to have gelled very well, who are producing decent results most weeks and sitting in a good position in the league currently. 

Just now, Scosha said:

Why wouldn't you want to play for Jim Duffy right now? He's built an incredibly hard working team that appears to have gelled very well, who are producing decent results most weeks and sitting in a good position in the league currently. 

It will turn to shite, and end in failure. IMO.

Just now, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

It will turn to shite, and end in failure. IMO.

Only time will tell I guess. We've had a brilliant season so far but it's far from over. It seems all we need is a proven goal scorer at this level (Loy) and we'd be well set to get into the play-offs. If we don't get anyone decent in then we could easily fall away. 

We don't even need a proven goal scorer. Just someone willing to put in the level of work that Quitongo did with his strength on the ball. We've gotten this far with that.

That said, obviously I'd prefer a buy who will actually score goals in the league.

11 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

We don't even need a proven goal scorer. Just someone willing to put in the level of work that Quitongo did with his strength on the ball. We've gotten this far with that.

That said, obviously I'd prefer a buy who will actually score goals in the league.

Fair point actually.

It's shite being a Morton fan today right enough. :lol:

Never heard of Loy and St Mirren are still bottom of the league throwing money at rejects. If Duffy wanted him he would have had him.

6 hours ago, GiGi said:

Never heard of Loy.

Really? 29 goals in 60 games at this level from 2013 to 2015. He should at least be on your radar.

As it happens, I agree on your other point. I'd imagine you'd rather have a crack at a playoff and possibly some TV coverage than join us. Current theory is that the Mallan to Dundee move could be on, and this could be part of it.

13 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Each manager in Scotland has three trophies to aim for per season (or four, if your team qualifies for the diddy teams' cup). One league championship to play for, plus the cups. Therefore by definition they will almost all be, as you put it, perennial losers.

Im surprised you haven't  noticed this. It's not rocket science.

Just now, gmfc said:

It shows that Loy is a money grabber that lacks ambition would much rather have someone who wants to succeed. He may score goals but their defence is still shite.

Money grabber? Er... He's going on loan so will be getting 100% of his current Dundee contract regardless of where he ends up and who pays it, of all the reasons for moving, money does not factor in. 

It might be a case that we offered to pay 100% of his wages to Dundee and Morton offered 70%-80% but that doesn't make a difference to the player.