The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

What a f*cking fall from grace. Rejecting us then ending up at Peterhead then getting punted from them not long after and signing for Alloa. I liked Stef during his time with us but he's made a right c*nt of thinking he could do better than us. 

16 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

Nice old shot of Cappielow. Not sure of Year. 

IMG_0279.JPG

Training at Cappielow in 1968

IMG_0275.JPG

I think the electrification of the railway line was done in 1967, so maybe that top photo is from 1968 as well.

Some great players in the lower photo. Not sure who the keeper is but can see Jim Kennedy, Preben Arentoft, Stan Rankin,possibly Willie Allan, Possibly Morris Stevenson, Joe Mason, Bjarne Jensen, Per Bartram and Gerry Sweeney.

1 hour ago, Alibi said:

I think the electrification of the railway line was done in 1967, so maybe that top photo is from 1968 as well.

Some great players in the lower photo. Not sure who the keeper is but can see Jim Kennedy, Preben Arentoft, Stan Rankin,possibly Willie Allan, Possibly Morris Stevenson, Joe Mason, Bjarne Jensen, Per Bartram and Gerry Sweeney.

Good pics those. You've named a couple of players more than I did, and I think you've got them right.

Good to see Scapa with pretty much a full house and no segregation, and those old invalid cars dotted around the place. The old advertising board that used to be to the right of the Cowshed seems to be away, and the old buildings beyond the Wee Dublin End are still there, plus the old tenement that used to be where the Norseman is now, so I think maybe 1967 or 68 would be right.

BTW, the old tenement looks in better nick then than the Norseman does now.......

1 hour ago, Alibi said:

Possibly Hugh Strachan who went on to win the league cup with Thistle too?

14 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Possibly Hugh Strachan who went on to win the league cup with Thistle too?

Cheers for the pics.

The only one I can see who I think could be Hugh Strachan would be the guy second in from the right in the second-back row. Hard to tell tho.