The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

With Quitongo out for the foreseeable future we really need another couple of signings in up front. Loy would be a good signing but he will probably get other offers from elsewhere.

Duffy struggled at the start of the season so I would imagine it will be even harder trying to get a quality striker in when the transfer window opens in January.

Best bet would be a loan signing like Alex Samuel at Swansea  

I see you're already talking about it but yeah, Duffy has been using his good relationship with Dundee to look into bringing Loy on loan. Believe you lot were the front runners for Low as well but he's injured again so f**k knows what will happen there.

We've had a scout at your past few games. Any idea who we could be looking at? I thought it'd be O'Ware but seen he's in contract and doubt we'd be willing to fork out.

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I see you're already talking about it but yeah, Duffy has been using his good relationship with Dundee to look into bringing Loy on loan. Believe you lot were the front runners for Low as well but he's injured again so f**k knows what will happen there.

We've had a scout at your past few games. Any idea who we could be looking at? I thought it'd be O'Ware but seen he's in contract and doubt we'd be willing to fork out.

Russell, Oliver, Murdoch?...all of them have been playing really well

Gunning? Out of contract in January and it would get it right up your tangerine neighbours

Doubt it'll be him as hilarious as that would be. We are quite strong at CH at the moment at least.

Hartley tends to do the 'main' scouting himself so there might not be a lot in it just what I'd heard.

We are needing a quality striker and either a combative all energy CM or a creative player in the mould of Gary Harkins. Got any of them spare?

18 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Doubt it'll be him as hilarious as that would be. We are quite strong at CH at the moment at least.

Hartley tends to do the 'main' scouting himself so there might not be a lot in it just what I'd heard.

We are needing a quality striker and either a combative all energy CM or a creative player in the mould of Gary Harkins. Got any of them spare?

Kudus Oyenuga is the man you're looking for. Someone on our forum has posted that you guys are interested in our young left back Mark Russell, so it could be him that's being scouted.

Maybe Jamie Lindsay who we've got on loan from Celtic but he's out of contract at the end of the season. Excellent player.
Someone on the Morton forum said that Rae told Duffy he's not getting the funds to sign Loy which would be pretty disappointing considering where we are in the league right now. I'd be surprised if we went after Low but I've always thought he'd sign for us at some point. Seems to be at cappielow every time we are playing and Dundee don't have a game.

Nicky Low fucking loves Morton by the way. Can't remember what the song was or when it was - but it was this season. He took a video of himself singing a Morton song with your fans.

He's Morton'd oot his nut if you will.

53 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

I'm basing this on absolutely no information but it wouldn't surprise me to see us making a move for Gunning. We are very light on fit central defenders at present.

Dosen't really fit Kilmarnock's lower league English nobody/youth prospect signing policy. 

Nicky Low fucking loves Morton by the way. Can't remember what the song was or when it was - but it was this season. He took a video of himself singing a Morton song with your fans.

He's Morton'd oot his nut if you will.

Nickys one of my good nates and im in that video wih him, Duffy doesnt want to sign him as we have plenty in that position (his words) ,the wee man maybe off to Dumbarton or Queens

10 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

In terms of forwards I can only think of Oliver but he's on a 2 year deal.

Both Jamie Lindsay and Andy Murdoch fit the all energy cm bracket. 2 really good players who I'd love to see sign long term deals at cappielow. Tidser is a more creative centre midfielder. He might be another option?