Capital One Cup 2015-16

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do people still insist football doesn't need a rugby style TMO is beyond me, last night Stoke got a goal that was two yards offside and tonight Everton should have had a bye kick instead of a goal against. If the officials can't see the obvious maybe it's time they got a hand.

Was typing at the same time as the above post,

Was at the game tonite was a great second half from City and they thoroughly deserved the win. Couldn't tell you about thr second goal was it a tight decision?

Wasn't even close to being a tight decision

Recorded the game so I could watch it when I got in. Just finished there. Pretty predictable once City scored their first that it'd turn out the way it did. Everton really didn't have any chances I can think of and even the goal was a half chance.

Nae chance messi Ronaldo Suarez Neymar before him easy

Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar all play off the front man, they're all not natural old fashioned number 9 strikers.

Fair enough about Suarez, if you were to swap Aguero into the Barca team for him would it improve them? I think it would, maybe marginally.

Problem is Aguero is injury prone, won't surprise me if he's injured again before the end of the season.

Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar all play off the front man, they're all not natural old fashioned number 9 strikers.

Fair enough about Suarez, if you were to swap Aguero into the Barca team for him would it improve them? I think it would, maybe marginally.

Problem is Aguero is injury prone, won't surprise me if he's injured again before the end of the season.

Messi played through the middle for years. He was quite good during that time.

So was what your thoughts on the game, Rab? Fair bit of luck for Liverpool, do you think? I thought they were poor on the night, very flat. The difference Coutinho makes, when he plays, is massive. I also felt Ibe should have been introuded earlier to bring a bit of pace to the attack.

Also, Benteke is a big frustrating b*****d, eh? I've never seen a 6ft 4" No.9 so obsessed with coming deep, and wanting the ball to feet 30 yards from goal. Get in the fucking box!!

Do you have a preference for the final - Everton or City?

I can't really disagree Desp it was a frustrating Liverpool performance just no cutting edge up front. Agree about Benteke there were balls going into the box and he was still on the edge.

Fair play to Mignolet on the shoot out I think he went the right way for every penalty. It was very nerve wracking especially going second but some great celebrations at the end.

Was hoping for an all Merseyside final but just delighted to be there. Man City will be favourites but that might not be a bad thing for this Liverpool side.

• 5 weeks later...

It's easy to come off the M40 and take a train to Wembley from here so High Wycombe was full of lard-arsed blokes with shite accents wearing red polyester when I nipped out earlier to buy a couple of onions to go with our lunch.

I hope they get fucking pumped rotten.

Archived